Weight loss/toning group anyone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome @Sunflowercake ! We'd love to have you!
-I also struggle to drink enough water. Ever since I moved to a high altitude, it's been a struggle with dehydration! If I don't work out, I especially fail in my efforts! The thing that has helped me is a large water bottle with a lid (I don't like drinking from things without lids, cause I feel like debris in the air falls into it. My husband always makes fun of me....says, "It's contaminated" whenever he sees a glass of water I've abandoned,  like that little girl in...what was that movie...Signs! lol) and it has OZ measurements on it. Makes it easy to keep track of water intake for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@slinka we actually bought several water bottles for that reason! I have a nice filter one I can use at the gym and to re-fill at work but I have abandoned it last month and need to give it more love this month. Since it is the first of he onth I am also going to the gym today. We pay to be members at the Y so we might as well use it, right? I am planning to do some running for a cardio warm up today and then some leg and ab workouts.

Same here for me, need to boost my water intake. i did pretty well this last month, so my goal is to double what i did this last month...double water,double exercise. still have no scale but i really don't care about the number anyway.

for the girls who have been on here in october...have you noticed any positive changes from what you did do?

i have

i have more energy, i have been working out at least 2 days a week(sometimes more) so for november it will be 4 days a week

my eating habits are cleaner and healthier, my appetite has decreased dramatically...this will be continuing

i haven't had but 2 cans of soda the entire month...so my goal for nov is 0

i'm drinking half to 3/4 of the daily recommended water, goal for nov is to meet or exceed the 8-8oz servings

i know i have lost a few pounds and a couple inches(didn't measure,just forgot) but i am down 1 size in my pants, and no longer have to lay down and suck in to get them on, they are actually slightly loose now.

all in all, even with my daughter's bday, a binge day, and halloween i count october as a win because my habits are changing and i have noticable changes...how about you guys?

Definitely! Way more endurance, lost some weight and I don't feel so icky in general. Still got a lot of work to do to get the tone back that I lost during my injured-time, but I'm sure it'll happen in leaps and bound if I stick to my guns!

I've been lurking on this thread for about a week or so, so I am getting the courage to jump in, as it is a very good inspirational thread... Which I need, well I guess we all do. October was a right off for me, some emotional issues, unfortunately I dealt with it by falling off a real bad band wagon... Anyhoo, November is here and time for me to get back up. Slowly getting back into yoga, did my 6th class in a row today, on my way to doing it daily. As for my diet, well, I consider myself a little under weight, I typically eat a lot of junk foods like hot dogs, processed breaded chicken strips, waffles, and chocolate bars, I am a snacker, so I eat a lot of cashews, olives, pickles, tomatoes, potato chips, rice, pasta. Anyways as you can see, all over the map... My goals? Well, keep at the yoga practice, and keep my thoughts in the present... And re-evaluate my dinner menu lol.

Yay! Welcome [@]vogueboy[/@]! Your diet sounds like mine at age 14! Lol. Great job with the yoga classes, and I'm sure you're gonna feel great once we get some real food into you =p Hope everyone is doing great- hope the weekend wasn't too trying of a time! Ugh, for me- Saturday- if there's such a thing as binging on veggies, I did it. Probably cause I unintentionally ate waaaay too little the days before. So I guess it's not all that bad- but I felt like such a lump after eating so much lol. I'm just glad I stuck to my guns and kept it at vegetables (no sauces and stuff, btw.) rather than say, the chocolate peanut butter cupcakes I made for the family!

today for dinner i had 4 olives and half of an Ikea hazelnut milk chocolate bar 
laughno.gif

My boyfriend and I had a big breakfast then I was just studying all day today and kinda...forgot to eat! Oopsies. Dinner was delicious though, btw.

This week I'm definitely going to be hitting up spin at least 3 times and I'll be starting up 30 Day Shred again. I'm excited! 

Yeah, it's like that sometimes on huge film sets. Even though there's a craft truck and craft tables, it gets so busy processing hundreds of people that time flies, (and you can't eat and work at the same time!) thank goodness that these types of days are few. As we MUA's are notorious for camping out at craft tables... 😠Congrats on day 7 of your shred slinka, I am on day 7 of yoga, (Ashtanga I) slowly working my way up again to Ashtanga II and vinyasa II. They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Here's to all of us that it happens with ease! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Now to cook me up a couple of hotdogs... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My spin instructor pulled me aside tonight and told me that I'm doing a great job and she thinks I'm "really inspirational" to the rest of the girls. I thought that was really nice to hear! I bounce around to different sessions/instructors and she's probably my favorite but you can tell she's new and usually fiddles around with the playlist. She plays music I listen to regularly for the routines and it makes it much more enjoyable!

I did 30DS this morning and when my boyfriend gets off work I'll walk him through it too since he wants to start.

OH. And I've been CRAVING pizza for WEEKS. No joke. Like, its bad. Today my boyfriend had a pizza-lunch-meeting at work. After spin I stopped by his work and he gave me one slice of pizza. The whole 5 minute walk home I was SO happy and I didn't care that I looked ridiculous wearing work out gear, sweaty, and holding a singular slice of pizza on a napkin. Better this one singular slice than a whole pizza, am I right?! My biggest fear in those 5 minutes was dropping the precious, precious cargo.

@usofjessamerica that is awesome!! I want to see if I can squeeze in the spinnng class tomorrow. Last year I went up to four times a week and loved it so much. We joined a different gym, which I love but I am soso with the spinning instructors. Is it bad that I do not like some of the classes due to their tatse of music? I have been eating good, no processed foods and am glad it is going so well. The hubby is definitely a big part of it, he makes us yummy soups and kale smoothies. One thing I wante dto recommend is Zuzka light. Another goal for me for November is to push in one of her workouts every day I am not going to the gym. They are only 10-15 minutes and you can easily do them at home with barely any equipment. You should be able to find them on youtube. I love her because you can see that she sometimes gets out of breath.

[@]vogueboy[/@] haha, reminds me of this dr. Oz when he replaced the truck food behind the scenes of The View with a healthy food bar. They were none too happy about the missing pastries lol. And great job [@]usofjessamerica[/@]! Yep- one slice while on the move is definitely better than sitting at home with a whole pizza staring at you lol. [@]Sunflowercake[/@] if gym music didn't bother people we wouldn't wear our earbuds almost constantly! Lol. Yeah, I was never one for obnoxious music during a class. I just can't get into house-remix beiber. (Btw, I used to work in a corset shop right next to a curves- I hear that crap all. Day. Long. Mixed with "change stations now")

@slinka I don't mind house for working out but if you go from pop to soft rock to house back to RnB then i have a huge issue with that. Just keep it in a decade at least (; Must have been fun to listen to that mix all day.

I have to join this thread :/ I really want/need to lose weight but almost feel hopeless/don't know where to start.  Often, by dinnertime, it's like 'oh well, I've already had 1500+ calories today, it is hopeless, I'll just start my diet tomorrow' but I never do.

@slinka  I don't mind house for working out but if you go from pop to soft rock to house back to RnB then i have a huge issue with that. Just keep it in a decade at least (; Must have been fun to listen to that mix all day.
I have weird music tastes lol. The beib ain't one of em =p Nor the Taylor swift remixes. They even had an upbeat-y remix of frozen by Madonna! I was like, 0_o
I have to join this thread :/ I really want/need to lose weight but almost feel hopeless/don't know where to start.  Often, by dinnertime, it's like 'oh well, I've already had 1500+ calories today, it is hopeless, I'll just start my diet tomorrow' but I never do.
Hey [@]tulosai[/@]! Welcome! Don't feel discouraged- I think we've ALL been there, in that all-or-nothing procrastination cycle. Nows the time to start feeling good again! Getting fit/healthy is definitely a journey and a tough one at that, but you CAN do it! If you haven't gone through the beginning tips at the start of this thread, I urge you to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It'll get you prepped to start making the best you possible. And know that we're all here for each other- so ask/vent away!

Quote: Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey @tulosai! Welcome! Don't feel discouraged- I think we've ALL been there, in that all-or-nothing procrastination cycle. Nows the time to start feeling good again! Getting fit/healthy is definitely a journey and a tough one at that, but you CAN do it! If you haven't gone through the beginning tips at the start of this thread, I urge you to
smile.gif
It'll get you prepped to start making the best you possible. And know that we're all here for each other- so ask/vent away!
Ok so... I went back in the thread- and still have to read more... but here's a bit about me now

What is your goal?

I want to lose around 30 pounds  
icon_redface.gif
 I don't know when or how my weight got this out of control.  Well, I sort of do- I guess it's been the transition from student to working life, and the fact that, while I've actually probably been eating a bit healthier than when I was a student, I exercise not at all. 
icon_cry.gif
 It's been around a 4 year slide downward.

In addition to flat out weight loss, I'd love more toned legs and arms and to be able to lower my processed food intake even further and stop eating out (or at least, eating out as much as I do).

What is your motivation?

Honestly, my motivation is just that I don't feel good about myself or how I look.  I'd also like to be able to start wearing cuter clothes again.

What is your biggest downfall (when it comes to diet/exercise...i.e.-binging, carb addiction, emotional eating, snackaholic, etc.)

At the moment getting started.  In the future it's going to be not wanting to exercise and snacking out of boredom or for emotional reasons. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

What are you going to change in your life to achieve your goals?

I know the main thing I really HAVE to do is start exercising again, even if it''s just taking walks at first. I also need to start counting calories, blech.

And anything else you'd like add. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nothing really except I am glad this thread exists.

@slinka well let's just say that you will never hear taylor or beibs in our house hahaha.

@tulosai welcome! It sound like you set yourself a good goal! I want to loose 20 lb for now but really it could be 30 (; I feel like we are a bit in the same boat. For me it was also a lot of changes at once where then i did not stick to a workout routine or eating routine. I also snack when bored and lack motivation to work out although I do not mind working out once I am at the gym.

This is what helped me: If you have a smart phone, get the MyFitnessPal app, it's free. it makes it really easy for you to track what you are actually eating. You can even scan it! You can also enter how much you want to lose and so on. If you do nothave a Smartphone, that's fine- make yourself a journal where you write down what you eat. It is eye opening! I needed to get a little more drastic and started intermitted fasting. This means I have the first food of the day at 12PM (I am not a breakfast person) and the last food 8 hours later. You are not starving yourself because the body does not need food throughout the day. I noticed that you actually get a hungry feeling again and notice faster when you are done eating. I am also not snacking in the evening in front of the TV! As for working out I try to go to the gym as much as possible. i don't have kids yet so I can just go after work. I do this because at home I cut workouts short.

Another thing that I noticed throughout the last 6 years of trying to lose weight (20lb successfully in the last year!): start slow. if you notice you got off track, see why and start again. Don't give yourself too many goals at once. Although I do want to loose 20lb overall, I said I want to loose 5lb this month.

Please keep in mind I am not telling you what to do :) everyone is different. Just telling you what works for me.

In any case, I am glad this nice little group is here so we can report great success and even if we had a piece of candy and need motivation to eat some veggies.

Did my usual workout again, only change was going up to 165lbs on the leg press. I'm determined to hit 200 by the end of the month. I need this semester to be over already (and for the next one to not start LOL), all these projects I'm working on along with work is sucking up all my energy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @slinka I don't mind house for working out but if you go from pop to soft rock to house back to RnB then i have a huge issue with that. Just keep it in a decade at least (; Must have been fun to listen to that mix all day.

This is why I'm so hesitant to try out any classes that have music lol. I'm a major metalhead and I'm so used to hearing angry men scream about things that make them angry while I work out/study/drive/relax (aka basically 24/7) that I just can't listen to anything else without getting cranky. It's a good thing I'm pretty happy with my current workout routine haha.

@norther that cracked me up. I always feel that you can't tell what people are listening to at the gym. I listen to all kinds of different musik and recently had a day where I listened to Lindsey Stirling all throughout my workout routine, don't ask me why. In spinning it annoys me when there suddenly Taylor Swift is singing one of her songs, then there is a bit of No Doubt, next a metal song and suddenly we are listening to the Beatles. It looks like you are doing awesome on your leg press! That's a great inspiration. I am only at 150lbs and am hoping to get higher by the end of the month.

@Sunflowercake yeah, most people I know are always so shocked I listen to metal because I "don't look like someone who does" haha. I actually prefer to listen only to my favourite band when I'm on the elliptical because their songs are so looooong that I'm done with my 2.5-3 miles before I even know it. I've been upping the weight on the leg press almost every session, my quads are even more ridiculously defined now. I wish it had that big of an effect on my inner thighs lol.

Latest posts

Back