What are you buying during Sephora's gift card event?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this is a makeup forum, I'm sure all of you are "Beauty Insiders", if not VIBs. I just want to let you guys know that there isn't a minimum purchase if you order online!

I bought the Urban Decay The Feminine Palette ($19.00), so including tax+shipping, the total was $11.52!

shu uemura regular eyelash curler & KORRES Milk Proteins Foaming Cream cleanser. My curler has bit the dust, and I'm about 1/2 way through my current tube of the KORRES. Nothing else I really need; I cashed in points at Murale so other than the NARS G-Spot Multiple, there's nothing I desperately want.

For the current promotion, the $15 GC applies to any online order, with no minimum purchase. I think the same thing happened last year, but I never realized that there wasn't a minimum for online purchases so I never used them

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did were you able to use the gift card with a less than $40 purchase?  

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine last night and it too was $15. I'll have to call since I'm a VIB not just a BI.

I think I'm going to use mine on an Urban Decay palette either 15th Anniversary if it gets back in stock before the deadline or on the Book of Shadows since I held off like week during the $20 off sale on UD's website.

Hey Zadi.......I just got off the phone (again) with Dede at Sephora customer service and I inquired about the 15 year being out of stock on the website.  She informed me that since it is a limited edition, they would not be restocking it online and I would need to go to a Sephora store and purchase it (if its still available).  Just wanted to give you a heads up so you're not waiting on it. 

Oh, FYI.........anyone who has still NOT received their email (myself included) we can still sit tight.  Customer Service let me know that they are still sending out emails today and yet again on Monday.  Even with the delay, they will not be extending the time allotted to use the card (Dec 12th for BI and the 13th for VIB).  

Well I totally forgot about not having to spend the $50, so I spent 60--ended up getting 3 Bobbi Brown lipsticks that I've been wanting to try--each one is a different formula too, so I can see what I like.  I hope I like them. 

If I go to a store can I still use the $15 off if I'm buying something less than $50?

I don't wanna pay for shipping so I was thinking of buying the naked palette in stores.

If not I'm sure I could find something small and inexpensive to get it to $50.[i think the naked palette is like $48 or something]

If I go to a store can I still use the $15 off if I'm buying something less than $50?

I don't wanna pay for shipping so I was thinking of buying the naked palette in stores.

If not I'm sure I could find something small and inexpensive to get it to $50.[i think the naked palette is like $48 or something]
I didnt ask since I was planning on getting the 15 year palette ($55).  I know they have some inexpensive tools (emery boards and such that could get you over the 50 mark)

If anyone needs a filler item, what about the MUFE HD Powder? They have a small container for $15. I got it and love it.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone needs a filler item, what about the MUFE HD Powder? They have a small container for $15. I got it and love it.
I still think that's overpriced since it's just pure silica which you can get for less at TKB Trading. For fillers I would recommend hitting their sale/clearance page since there are tons of stuff there for cheap (like Stila palettes for $9).

if you enter a price, like $1, in the sephora search bar, it'll come up with products around that price :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't like it how products that haven't been in stock for a year still show up when you search though.. very misleading lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still think that's overpriced since it's just pure silica which you can get for less at TKB Trading. For fillers I would recommend hitting their sale/clearance page since there are tons of stuff there for cheap (like Stila palettes for $9).

I do not trust TKB Trading. I have heard sketchy stuff about them.

One thing that stands out to me was a video by Nurberxo (or something like that) who had issues with the way they billed her. It was quite a long time ago, so the details and video name are fuzzy.

I got the new Tokidoki 24Karat brushes, I'm glad I waited because they lowered the price to $34 as opposed to $42. & since it was an in store purchase, the SA required me to spend at least $50 (I know you don't need this requirement online) so I bought a UD eyeshadow in X. Ah, I kind of regret selling my Alice in Wonderland BOS since they had X in there, but oh well, at least my friend likes the palette, since she bought it from me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't even know they had an event coming up and was excited when I got the 20 gift card. I couldn't find anything I wanted, I've bought too much stuff in the past year. I found one thing I liked that I forgot about and it was the Sephora Advanced Airbrush Set. I've been interested in the set but didn't want to fork over 65 bucks for it but I can deal with 45 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Can't wait to get them Wednesday!

I bought a lot of stuff for this event. They have 20% off the whole store that day and $20 discount for VIB but I can only have 1 though. Anyway, I bought 2 set of microdelivery of Philosophy, 2 set of skincare which include 5 samples and can redeem for 1 for full size, Fresh Rose mask, some stuff from Fusion Beauty, suncreen etc ....that I always wanted to try. I bought them mostly at Sephora in JcPenney and they were at Sale area. If you buy in store and they have friendly staff that time then you can have that $20 discount twice or even more, even though you suppose to use it once.

My brush set came in early yesterday. I didn't even know I had a package and my husband gave me a huge sephora box! I was excited to say the least. I'm super in love with those brushes already.

I bought a 4oz bottle of Tend Skin ($20), Art of Shaving's 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave ($10, I love shaving my legs with their stuff), the Urban Decay Feminine Palette ($19), and to finish out $50, I ordered a Sephora sharpener. The Beautiful Skin gwp bag was still available, and I chose it as my bonus.

I just got an email reminding me to spend my gift card, but I never got an initial email saying I got one in the first place!!  AHHHH now what do I buy!?!??!!??!

I wish I had known I had one when the feminine palette was still in stock =(

Latest posts

Back