What common makeup techniques DON'T you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love false lashes, but I don't wear full strips. Even my HG cheapy full strip ones (QUO#803s) I cut down to 3/4 length; but I'd rather wear the Ardell #305 or #301s.
I do this too I can't for the life of me wear a full strip.  They hate my eyes!

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't mind slightly clumpy lashes, And I prefer Blackest Black mascaras to regular Black, or the dreaded Black-Brown that is supposed to favour fair skinned/haired ladies

I don't do Black-Brown either.. I always do the blackest black they have!

Originally Posted by Candy22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't use liquid foundation because I've an oily sky and I neve line my lips!

I use to be like that until I found some brands that are oil free. They work pretty well.

Curling my lashes. I've done it and told myself there was a difference, but when I see pics of me when I've curled vs when I've not, there is no difference...

And I can't do strip lashes successfully either. I'm so jealous of the ppl that just plop them on in 30 secs... I'm there for like 2 mins and then in 5 mins, they start lifting off...

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm reading all of these thinking "Yeah, do that... yeah do that too... yup, do that now..... oh, always done that." Geesh, no wonder I own so much makeup!!

I guess the only thing I don't really do anymore (I used to do it a lot!) is wear lipliner. I have VERY full lips and they do look good when I take the time to line, fill and gloss, but even though that is the one thing I can't do without, I rarely do more than one step with my lips anymore. I guess that's why I love Maybelline's new 24 Hour Lipcolor. I just swipe it on FIRST (it needs time to dry), do the rest of my makeup, and I'm done with lips. If I need a gloss touch up during the day, I keep a warm and cool shade with me in my purse all the time.

Other than that... I do it all. No wonder it takes me 30-40 min to do my face!
That was exactly my thinking too! The only thing I think I don't do is wear actual lipstick. I have small lips, so I just line them a little and go with gloss. Plus my eyes are pretty much ALWAYS dramatic, so I avoid a dramatic lip.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Curling my lashes. I've done it and told myself there was a difference, but when I see pics of me when I've curled vs when I've not, there is no difference...

And I can't do strip lashes successfully either. I'm so jealous of the ppl that just plop them on in 30 secs... I'm there for like 2 mins and then in 5 mins, they start lifting off...

I've found that it's a lot to do with what kind of glue you use. I never use the crappy little glue that comes with the lashes. The Ardell DUO and Andrea Perma, both you can get at Sally's, work well for me. It took a lot of practice before I could get them right. Also, have you tried heating your eyelash curler? To me, it makes a HUGE difference. Plus the curler itself, sometimes you have to pay out for a good quality eyelash curler. I have a shu uemura curler that I swear by.

i can tight line perfectly well. I prefer that to lining my lash line, but for the life of me applying false lashes makes my eyes water :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have duo, still doesn't work for me. Maybe I just have a weird eye shape. One day I'll try the Shu curler. One day...

I just tried revlon's new lash glue, and so far I'm loving it! It comes with a brush, so you brush it on the falsies. The "time to get tacky" is wayyy shorter than Duo though, which I like. I'm continuing to test it out before I try it on clients. The only thing I've noticed is I think it's a tad stronger than duo, and if you dont apply it correctly, you risk pulling out lashes. Has anyone else tried this?

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have duo, still doesn't work for me. Maybe I just have a weird eye shape. One day I'll try the Shu curler. One day...

You might try getting the individual lashes done. It's hard for me to get falsies that will look more natural because most strips are too short for the length of my eyes, so I've been thinking about trying the individuals but it seems like a lot of work...

I always use only BLACK mascara. Hmm...maybe I should try another colour, I have never tried it yet. What do you think, my eyes are blue
icon_rolleyes.gif

I bought YSL's mascara in the purple color (I have green eyes). I really like it--it's very subtle, but in the right light it gives a little bit of "oomph" to your look. I'd  be curious to find a less expensive option tho.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sooo jealous of everyone who doesn't have to curl their lashes!
I second this! And even worst when its men!!! So unfair!

Originally Posted by greeneyedlady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought YSL's mascara in the purple color (I have green eyes). I really like it--it's very subtle, but in the right light it gives a little bit of "oomph" to your look. I'd  be curious to find a less expensive option tho.

I think, I'll try it
smilehappyyes.gif
I like purple colour.

i, too, do not use an eye lash curler.  i really should b/c it does make a difference.  my lashes are already long and curled on their own, so much so, they hit my sunglasses!  i, also, don't usually use lip liner, but again, i should. i have very full lips and get complimented on them even when they are naked.  lol i also tend to wear heavy makeup, which i don't mind if people can tell that i'm wearing makeup.  i've always been that way, but it's not in a clownish way.  i don't wear more than one coat of mascara, which i would like to start remembering to do so.  my lashes are so long that i'm sure it would just accentuate them nicely. there are also times when i wear heavy eyes and lips at the same time.  i don't see what's so wrong about it.  as long as it doesn't make you look like a clown! 

I also apply foundation sometimes with my fingers... I've yet to find a good brush or sponge that helps me with this. 

I do line my waterline, but not with dark colors... I also only remember eyeshadow primer about 1/2 the time....

oh and I like Avon.  lmbo
I apply makeup with my fingers sometimes too (I obviously clean them first so as not to mix in sweat or oil from my hands) but if you want a good makeup sponge try the Beauty Blender. It is recyclable so you just wash it and reuse it all the time, but the special egg shape makes it easy to blend in corners like the eye and the rest of the face seamlessly. You can get it at Sephora.

I don't use false eyelashes. I prefer a more natural look. I use them on clients that want them. I even use Ardell 110, which are very natural looking but I prefer not to use them. I also like to use a tinted brow gel as a mascara on lashes for a "no makeup look" instead of the traditionally way. It creates a more believable look than mascara.

i rarely use foundation and pretty much never use false eye lashes. oh and I never use primer.

Back