What common makeup techniques DON'T you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I NEVER used silicone based primer, except under my eyes before concealer, but always use an eye primer before applying shadows. The silicone primer under the eyes prevents concealer from caking up and settling into tiny lines you don't normally see are there. The silicone primers break a lot of women out and actually can make makeup just slide off your face, rather than keep it fresh looking all day. I really hate that most companies have jumped on the silicone bandwagon now and add it to all of their products, including foundation. It feels disgusting and slimy to me.

I never line my waterline, upper or lower, with any dark colored liner. It makes my eyes look like two p1ssholes in a snowbank, really, even though my eyes aren't very small. It also always builds up in the corners of the eyes, looking disgusting mixed with eye crud. Yuck....if I want to line my waterline, I usually use my NYX fat shadow stick in Cottage Cheese, and then top that with one of my Coastal Scents loose mineral shadows in Champagne or Frenzy to keep it from wearing off. Use a very fine tipped, soft brush to do that or risk skewering your eyeball!

No matter what I try with curling my lashes, they do NOT curl. I have even tried heating my curler, heating my lashes with a Revlon heated curler (what a waste of $12!), using the heated curler and then my regular curler, etc. Am interested in trying the Elf tiny lash curler, which is supposed to do individual lashes, I believe. But what a pain in the arse.....I mostly no longer even bother now. Would love to know more about the spoon method, though.

I rarely smudge my liner and never use pencil liners to line above or below my eyes anymore. I just use either mineral powders mixed with eye drops or gel liners topped with mineral shadow. Much nicer effect.

I rarely use fake lashes. Pain in the arse, IMO.

I avoid all the so-called HD products. Overpriced & overhyped. Makeup Forever's HD powder makes me laugh my arse off. The stuff is worth next to nothing - check the ingredients list - they seriously rip women off for that product. I make my own setting powder which has a tonne of silk powder in it and really makes pores, lines, etc disappear. It walks all over any powder I have ever tried.

I never use any type of 'color corrector' product, cream, liquid or powder. Waste of money for an extra product which is unnecessary.

I never wing my liner. I think it looks ridiculous, really.

I HATE Benefit products with a passion, ever since I tried them, so never use them even though I have them.

I never use a base or top coat for my nails. Waste of time and effort as I don't find it makes any difference and extends drying and setting time ridiculously.

I stopped waxing years ago. No man is worth that amount of physical pain :)  When they become willing to wax *their* crotch-monsters and pegs, I will resume doing mine. Until then, it ain't gonna happen.

I like that business card thingy never tot of that.  I don't use false eyelashes or curl my lashes..cos i see nothing comes out of curling..haha.  I dun use lip liner.  I do my eyes first than my foundation or sometimes vice versa.

Originally Posted by afkhanadan /img/forum/go_quote.gifI stopped waxing years ago. No man is worth that amount of physical pain :)  When they become willing to wax *their* crotch-monsters and pegs, I will resume doing mine. Until then, it ain't gonna happen.
LMAO! I seriously cracked up over that one! Crotch-monsters! LOL!!

As far as using a basecoat... it keeps toxins from being absorbed into your nail beds. Many polishes have fermaldahydes in them which is highly toxic. It also is better if you are using dark or red colors to keep your nail from being stained.

I agree with the HD stuff. I personally do not see any benefit. The biggest problem area i have are the pores on my nose and no powder has really made them disappear.

AFKHANADAN- I would like to know how you make your setting powder though. I have alot of make up base ingredients from TKB. I most likely have the ingredients you use.

-Most of the time, I do not wear foundation and just cover areas of my face with a little bit of MAC's Select Cover Concealer. I wear foundation sometimes, but not that much. I also rarely use a powder to matte it down. I do sometimes, but not often.

-I never curl my eyelashes. I did when I was younger and it did nothing for my lashes. I may try in the future again though.

-I have never worn false eyelashes. I would definitely consider it, but as of right now, I just never messed around with them.

-I don't wear makeup when working out.

Im super jelous of the ladies that say they dont need to curl their lashes! I have fairly long lashes but their pretty much straight! Grr. I would love to have naturally curly lashes.

Also for the ladies that mentioned they dont wear liner because their lips are too full. If you apply the liner slightly inside your natural lip line and then stick to darker colours such as deep reds etc, it will create the illusion that your lips are smaller. Hope that helps slightly.

^I think there's no such thing as "too full lips" or "too long lashes" if they aren't surgically enhanced
icon_lol.gif
 if someone..like me..already has big lips, using liner will really make them look grreat..same with someone with long lashes..

The things I never use on my face are primer and concealer.  Also for lining the waterline, I have different days, where I guess my mind tricks me to thinking my eyes looks different than they do so I go through months not doing it, than months lining it everyday.   Oh and I don't like putting mascara on my bottom lashes..reminds me too much of Twiggy...

I don't know! i use almost every technique in the arsenal on others. if i have to say for myself....i don't curl my lashes as they don't need, and over curling lashes makes mascara application difficult. i rarely line my own lips unless i'm going for that "effect"...it's too cumbersome to reapply liner, lipstick and gloss everytime you eat...ugh! infact most of the day i rarely wear lipcolor. i do if it's important, but it's a lot of work to maintain. so a quick swipe of gloss or bare lips is kind of how i roll on the day to day...

Back