• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been a ton of makeup/hair freebies available this past week and Allure is coming out with there big month long giveaway soon.

I can't remember what I've posted (or received) lately, but all my stuff is organized by date, so here's the last few things I've received.

Pai Skincare: 6 foils of skincare items

Nuxe: 4 foil packets

Drunk Elephant: 2 foil packets

Ren: 3 small bottles of skincare items

I've also taken to emailing colleges these past few days, the same way you email companies, and asked if they had any promotional items with their college name on it. I just started but have already received 2 t-shirts, 3 pens, a still in the package pair of earphones, a magnet of the college name, and 2 sealed packages of lip balm.

I can't remember what I've posted (or received) lately, but all my stuff is organized by date, so here's the last few things I've received.

I've also taken to emailing colleges these past few days, the same way you email companies, and asked if they had any promotional items with their college name on it. I just started but have already received 2 t-shirts, 3 pens, a still in the package pair of earphones, a magnet of the college name, and 2 sealed packages of lip balm.
Thanks for posting! I often email colleges also. Sounds like you've got some pretty cool items! Just wondering what colleges you'd received from if you don't mind sharing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for posting! I often email colleges also. Sounds like you've got some pretty cool items! Just wondering what colleges you'd received from if you don't mind sharing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
aacc.edu and Highline College were who I got those items from. The mail came today and I also got a T-shirt and pair of earphones from Cuyahoga community college, along with a small zip up storage bag that the items came in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blow Pro sent me 7 deluxe sized bottles with different hair products, such as texturizing spray, dry shampoo, hair spray, ect. Super smile sent really cute toothpaste tubes and even included a mini lip balm! Aqua Reveal sent one of there products known as a soft water peel. Amanda Lacey sent some cleanser, though it was only marked as that on the packaging. Blisoma skincare sent there Beta Glucan recovery mask and some anti blemish oil serum. Tracie Martyn sent over some exfoliant, undereye pads, and some stuff that looks like a toner of some sort. Simply Organic sent a mini sized bottle of their Jamaican Black castor oil. Egyptian Magic sent a good sized tin of their all purpose skin cream and at least 40 foil packets that aren't pictured. Raw Hair Organics sent a full sized bottle of there mousse and a full sized tin of there pomade as well as some shampoo in little containers, but I can't promise anything and can only say to try and hope for the best! For anyone that's interested, I've also requested coupons from companies of the food industry and have gotten "try one product free" coupons from King's Hawaiian, Go Veggie!, and Amy's Kitchen. I reccomend doing this if you are looking to add something new to add to your everyday consumption, especially if you're a picky eater like me! That's it for now, but will try to add more in as it comes.

IMG_20150809_120500795.jpg

Blow Pro sent me 7 deluxe sized bottles with different hair products, such as texturizing spray, dry shampoo, hair spray, ect. Super smile sent really cute toothpaste tubes and even included a mini lip balm! Aqua Reveal sent one of there products known as a soft water peel. Amanda Lacey sent some cleanser, though it was only marked as that on the packaging. Blisoma skincare sent there Beta Glucan recovery mask and some anti blemish oil serum. Tracie Martyn sent over some exfoliant, undereye pads, and some stuff that looks like a toner of some sort. Simply Organic sent a mini sized bottle of their Jamaican Black castor oil. Egyptian Magic sent a good sized tin of their all purpose skin cream and at least 40 foil packets that aren't pictured. Raw Hair Organics sent a full sized bottle of there mousse and a full sized tin of there pomade as well as some shampoo in little containers, but I can't promise anything and can only say to try and hope for the best! For anyone that's interested, I've also requested coupons from companies of the food industry and have gotten "try one product free" coupons from King's Hawaiian, Go Veggie!, and Amy's Kitchen. I reccomend doing this if you are looking to add something new to add to your everyday consumption, especially if you're a picky eater like me! That's it for now, but will try to add more in as it comes.
Nice list! Thank you for your time! 

Got a few things in the mail today. Ulta has a GWP item that's still up on their website. Spend $19.50 and get a free 15 piece set including a makeup bag. I also received a few more things from the collages I've taken to emailing. I got two responses today and together they sent me a total of two T-shirts, 8 peppermint lip balms, 6 pens, a day planner, 2 notepads, 3 bookmarks, 4 screen cleaners, and a reuseable water bottle. I was almost more excited from getting the free stuff than the item I actually ordered!

How do you word your emails to the collegs? Do you say your interested in attending or just ask for promotional items?

Try checking out this post, kmjones90. https://burnstyler.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/how-i-obtained-nearly-1000-college-t-shirts/

I don't remember how I found it, but it reminded me of the $39 Experiment. I did notice that it's kind of hard to find a list of colleges AND it's even harder to find email contact info on the colleges website. I found a list of colleges and only about half of them had an email address that I could find. Good luck, and maybe you'll find a better list of colleges than me!

Back