• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farmhouse Fresh sent me 8 foils of lotion products, and 4 good sized pots of odds and ends. One is a heel glaze, the other a mask, a body polish, and shea butter. The little containers are good sized and so cute, I will definitely be reusing them when I finish the product.

I used Clinique as a teenager, years ago, and in the last couple of years came back to using a few of their products. My friend swears by their moisturizer for age spots. I used the moisturizer as well but didn't like it that much. The dramatically different moisturizer is a classic. I bought it for my teenage son along with other Clinique products to help with his skin. The only product I still use from the line is the toner. I use it every once in a while. After discovering so many great Korean skin care toners, I hardly it use the Clinique one anymore but I still have it.
Ohh Please tell me more about the Korean toners that you like and use. What kind of changes have you noticed? I used to follow a great green beauty blog who switched over to being a Korean beauty blogger because she move there with her boyfriend after giving up for corporate job. And it's been a year since I really kind a wanted to investigate the little sector that korean products is carving out for itself here in the states. I'm excited to learn more! And agree with you about Clinique. I'm giving out the dramatically different moisturizer a good try this month as well as the dark spot corrector!

Ohh Please tell me more about the Korean toners that you like and use. What kind of changes have you noticed?
The toner I have are from Beauteque subscription, Memebox, Sokoglam and Wishtrend. I love the Milk toner, Missha and there is a peach one too that I have but can't remember the brand. The korean beauty forum section of MUT is a good place to look for suggestions. https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/forum/384-korean-asian-beauty/ and the Memebox and beauteque topics the general subscription forum. I just find that the Korean products make my skin so smooth and more even toned. They basically work way better their Western counterparts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sow Good send me an organza drawstring bag with 4 perfume samples (little bottles with wands) body wash and shampoo, mens shampoo, and body polish.

I also got my 'free' Julep box today. I only payed $2.99 for shipping (the actual box was free) and got 2 full sized tinted conditioning lip treatments, and 2 full sized nail polishes.

I aso received my free Schoola stuff the other day, with a new one on the way.

I'm getting this on Monday!
Awesome. It's totally worth it. I don't think I'd get the monthly box, it's pretty expensive, but the free box with $2.99 shipping was great, it was like 75 cents an item, which is ridiculously cheap and they're very good quality.

Awesome. It's totally worth it. I don't think I'd get the monthly box, it's pretty expensive, but the free box with $2.99 shipping was great, it was like 75 cents an item, which is ridiculously cheap and they're very good quality.
I've been thinking about getting their $2.99 deal for awhile, then I saw that they offered this one and I needed it. I got it today and the items are great; it was a great deal.

I know of these companies having said yes in the past, but I recently contacted a few of these companies again and the most common response was that they are not able to send out any at this time. Has it been the same for anyone else?

Holy crap folks, anyone else get this response from Miessence? I don't even remember asking for samples, so it must have been quite a while ago, and she's now just getting back to me. I do remember I found Miessence from this thread, though.

Thank you so much for your sample request. 

I wanted to follow up with you and let you know more about your request.

I had an overwhelming number of requests for samples, so many requests it's not possible for me to fill them all.

I generally get about 5 to 10 sample requests a month, over the past week, I had more than 1500 requests for samples.

Unbeknownst to me, someone came to my website, found my link for Free samples and posted it on a "get samples for free" website and from there it went viral across the web and before I knew it I had over 1000 requests for samples.

I wanted to let you know two things:

1. When you requested samples you were subscribed to my email newsletter list.
  2. It's not possible for me to fill all of these requests.
This is where transparency and truthfulness comes in.  While I would like to fill all your requests, I cannot.  I do not have enough samples or financial resources to send out 1000s of samples to people at my expense.

Miessence - the products that I sell are sold through Independent Representatives like myself.  I am not the manufacturer of these products, I'm an Independent Representative with Miessence and have been using and selling these certified organic products for 10 years.

My passion is around bringing clean products to the marketplace and ALSO about educating people about green & organic living, including the hazards of using everyday products full of toxic chemicals.

I will be going through the requests I have received and processing them one by one on a first come first serve basis and sending out all the samples I have, until they run out.  I will notify you by email when I send your samples in the mail.

Once my samples run out I cannot guarantee you will get the samples you requested.
In other words, this forum has tuckered this poor lady out. I sent her another email saying don't worry about it, she must be completely overwhelmed.

Lol, poor thing.  Let her know it's really not that big of a deal!  She's worrying herself over nothing.  Most people don't even ever remember asking for samples! 

Companies dont send anymore because too many people asked compared to what they were selling, typically. It means people need to go out on a limb and contact other small companies for products, and see what they say. There aren't anymore lists and such because typically no ones going out and contacting a ton of small companies.

Farmhouse Fresh sent me 8 foils of lotion products, and 4 good sized pots of odds and ends. One is a heel glaze, the other a mask, a body polish, and shea butter. The little containers are good sized and so cute, I will definitely be reusing them when I finish the product.
I tried them and they basically told me I could purchase some samples for $15.

I have two lists, my own and a friend's in google docs and can email them if anyone would like. Unfortunately they won't attach here. I tried lol. My friend has a good list, but it's pretty old so. might be a hit or miss. It's WAYYYY too much to put all on here
I would be interested in being emailed both lists, if you don't mind.

If anyone has any lists they could send o me, that would be a big help! (email removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
List of companies I have gotten yes's from the last 2 days! I contacted over 100 companies. Still waiting for some. I'll let you know!

•Archipelago

•bioelements

•color science

•dermalogica

•elysee

•epionce

•Ellis faas

•Egyptian magic cream

•FAT hair

•hempz

•hermes

•kjaer Weiss(really nice. She asked what I wanted .Got 9 things, she said she'll send all.

•lifeline skincare

•love scent

•Mario bedescu

•Mychelle

•Nuxe

•nia24

•neostrata

•Nordic care

•restorea

•r & co. Hair

•sulwhasoo

•studio gear

•sunology

•Susan Posnick

•sow good

•rhymes

•the laundress

•weleda

•xtend life

•yu-be

•Ren

•Jane iredale

•arcona

•Mrs. Meyers clean day

•babor

•PCA.

I'm curious to know if anyone else does Pinch Me, or any other sampling program, that is similar that they have had success with.

I'm curious to know if anyone else does Pinch Me, or any other sampling program, that is similar that they have had success with.
I signed up for a bunch of programs. Pinch me is probably the easiest, in my experience. I am receiving 6 samples from them from their latest sample period. They run out of the best stuff really fast though.

Latest posts

Back