• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, is anyone willing to share their spreadsheet with me? I'm new and I've been hunting through the last 20 pages or so!

I emailed a bunch of companies yesterday and got 90% "no".

I also noticed many companies now have samples for sale.

I am going to start getting samples this way. They are usually for a small cost $1 - $2 a piece.

Anyone have any companies to add to the list ?

Hi guys! I've read almost every post on this thread so far lol. But I think it's time to update!

As of today, I've emailed probably at least 75 companies. I received my samples from paulas choice. I'm waiting for samples from studio gear, Napoleon perdis, koh gen doh, and Ellis Faas. What companies have recently said yes to you?

Most politely decline and I respect the fact that they at least reply. Some don't, which makes me sad. The only weird encounter I had was my response from Elizabeth Mott. I sent an email complimenting their hard work and products and how they create them. Whoever replied basically twisted my words around and made it seem like I insulted them.

Did anyone get this from Pacifica? I was so happy to get this lovely surprise from the ups man today! They sent over such a cute box with 6 full size packets of their new wipes! It added up to a $48 value. I'm so pleased with Pacifica, I'll be sure to purchase from them, they've been more than generous.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Did anyone get this from Pacifica? I was so happy to get this lovely surprise from the ups man today! They sent over such a cute box with 6 full size packets of their new wipes! It added up to a $48 value. I'm so pleased with Pacifica, I'll be sure to purchase from them, they've been more than generous.
Seriously, how do you word your emails to the companies?  Share your magic with me!!! 

I recently received trial size regenerative creams from bioevolve and I liked them a lot. I think the cream is called bioevolve B12 plus cream. I am waiting for my full size order to arrive. And I am pretty happy with how the cream has treated my skin. Look forward to using this long term. 

I've had excellent free samples Pai Skincare, who sent me small sample of their vegan friendly cleanser. Beautiful stuff, goto their website and get in touch as that's what I did.

Also, Temple also sent me a tester from their Red Carpet range, which is currently on offer here, so I'm sure they'd have more to send :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.templespa.com/spa-skincare-offers/red-carpet-collection

I emailed a few last night based off of some of the pictures others posted on here. I got a response from Pai Skincare asking for my skin type and concerns and they said they'd send me some! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've got samples from Vega nutrition bars, Crabtree, Nuxe, Loccitane, Hermes perfume, and thats it so far. Im still contact people but it's pretty slow. I really want to get into nutrition things now! 

I'm getting self-tanner samples from Sisley, if you guys have any more tanning places (tanning oil, bronzers) to contact for samples let me know. If this self-tanner is good, I'm definitely going to purchase, Sisley's customer service is so nice even when they don't have samples of makeup products for me. I need a good self-tanner. But I also want tanning oil and bronzing oil (the shimmery stuff that adds color on just for 24 hours) I imagine the NARS bronzing oil is the best, but Im not purchasing online without knowing it's quality. And I doubt they'll send samples. 

I imagine companies hurt from not sending samples, but I don't know. 

Not really a beauty sample, but Nexcare sent me a free box of bandaids just because I asked if they had any samples, they never sent a reply email and it just popped up in my mailbox today. It was a box of 35 so that's not too bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im sad Pacifica said no to me but I got a ton of samples in the mail today and I'm super pumped! I adore the Oriental Lace by Oscar De La Renta, and the Sisley Foundations! If you guys have any more beauty suggestions for perfumes for me to ask for let me know, I'm a total scent lover! (Nest fragrences never got back to me! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Has anyone tried the new sample program from Clinique ? I think it might be just a seasonal promotion or maybe it's something that's permanent. Disregard me if this is already in the thread but I didn't see it mentioned and I was pleasantly surprised by how many samples you can get for free right now on the website with the purchase! how do you guys feel about their skincare stuff? I haven't really been a Clinique girl since I shopped at malls in high school :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used Clinique as a teenager, years ago, and in the last couple of years came back to using a few of their products. My friend swears by their moisturizer for age spots. I used the moisturizer as well but didn't like it that much. The dramatically different moisturizer is a classic. I bought it for my teenage son along with other Clinique products to help with his skin. The only product I still use from the line is the toner. I use it every once in a while. After discovering so many great Korean skin care toners, I hardly it use the Clinique one anymore but I still have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back