What do you do with unwanted beauty products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't throw anything away, unless it's expired or something! I usually give it to friends or family. If it is MAC I use it for B2M.

I recently grabbed all the beauty products I hadn't ever used and sold them as a lot on ebay. I got 20 bucks so I'm not complaining. Anything that I've opened or is lightly used I offer it to my mom, and if she doesn't want it she sends it to my aunt in Mexico. I do the same thing with makeup. She gets so excited when she gets all that makeup.

Well, by the time i really don't want it, its probably old so i just throw it away

It's depend on what beauty products. If it's a shampoo or body wash I would still using them for other purpose like use them to wash my under wear. I wash my under wear with hand wash so I find using the unwanted shampoo or body wash could be better than throwing them all.

If it's a cream stuff, I would give them to my friend who want them or throw them away.

Originally Posted by Mudpiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I give them to woman shelters or organizations that are helping woman get back into the job force, same with old clothing..makes me feel good..BUT not as good as the woman who are trying to start their lives over again. I try to do this as well.

i'm a pack rat. it goes in a stash "for later use" which pretty much ends up being never.

Most of the time I give them to my little sister. If she doesn't like them, they go to the trash.

I usually just keep them! ack! I really should get into swapping things...or just throwing them away!
smile.gif

Hey Girls,    An online store of FREE beauty items by contributing your own items to the community store in exchange for new ones and its FREE to use!   If this is something that might interest you please go to the facebook event and click ‘Attending’ and invite your friends!   *edited by mod*

I gather it all up at Christmas time and I bring them to work where we collect toiletries for women's shelters.

Sometimes if they are unopened and still in the box, I will give them away as gifts at work to all my female coworkers or I will make small sample gift bags and attach one of my business cards to the bag to promote my makeup artist business. If they are used I will just let friends and family come over and pick some thing out. 

Just store them away and wait till birthdays or even christmas lol, you never know when they might come in handy if you remember a birthday ad it is the next day just make up a hamper lol

Why anyone throws any unwanted products I can't imagine. Certainly, the product becomes unwanted as it no longer fulfills its initial purpose but there may be hundred of other ways to use it. No exception for beauty products. For a simple example we can give the old lipstick to a child for color purpose. Actually you can innovate a number of ways.

*edited by mod*

LOL!  Give lipstick for kids to colour with??  Does someone else do the laundry at your house or you don't have kids because obviously, you've not try to wash lipstick off of clothing before or walls or carpet or kids in general...

Originally Posted by Dillip /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why anyone throws any unwanted products I can't imagine. Certainly, the product becomes unwanted as it no longer fulfills its initial purpose but there may be hundred of other ways to use it. No exception for beauty products. For a simple example we can give the old lipstick to a child for color purpose. Actually you can innovate a number of ways.

*edited by mod*

i usually use them.. except that some things i stop using because of an allergic reaction.. in which i usually give to my friends or worst case scenario i trash it

when I became allergic to lip glosses (VS, BBW, ect) i gave away about $150 of lip glosses :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back