What do you do with unwanted beauty products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sits around collecting dust :X   Sometimes  I'll give it to my mom if I know she'll like it.  She actually complains that she has too much makeup lol  her stash is tiny too D:

Originally Posted by theHulk750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I give my old make up to the neighborhood tweens in exchange for some free babysitting! 

Wow, that's a great idea!  Thanks for the tip! 

Before I knew i could return them I would throw them away.

I didnt like to throw them away becuase it felt like I was throwing my money away too.

Why keep something you dont like?

sorry for pulling this back up... ugh. i have a bunch of barely used stuff but i just can't seem to get rid of it, so it collects dust. but i also don't want to throw it away. so frustrating! about 3-4 months ago i randomly started going on drug store beauty sprees and spent way too much money on stuff that i now don't even use. meehhh. silly me.

You can see if you can donate them to a women's shelter nearby now that Christmas is around the corner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sorry for pulling this back up... ugh. i have a bunch of barely used stuff but i just can't seem to get rid of it, so it collects dust. but i also don't want to throw it away. so frustrating! about 3-4 months ago i randomly started going on drug store beauty sprees and spent way too much money on stuff that i now don't even use. meehhh. silly me.

i was thinking about that too... the thing is, the products aren't new though. i guess i could see what the organizations think before i throw it out though.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can see if you can donate them to a women's shelter nearby now that Christmas is around the corner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just give them to my little sister or friends. It makes them happy and I might get their stuff too later on... Sharing is caring! 
biggrin.gif

usually i repurpose or just waste them. no local shelter accepts any used products, my mom hates it when i dump all my old/unwanted junk on her, and my friends rarely want anything i've already opened. i repurpose moistuizers as hand creams, face washes as brush shampoo, and i literally flush shampoos and conditioners down the toilet (to help clean them and/or to make them smell nice!) i usually keep my makeup and use it for days where i just feel like picking up a brush and practicing over and over and over again (it brings me back to when i was a little girl!)

I usually pass them on to my sisters or younger cousin. I dont like tossing them, if someone else may be able to get some use out of them.

I give them to people who likes those product. Sometimes I even sell it a a low price just to get rid of it.

My sisters are GLAD to take them off my hands or right off my face if I let them! lol

Mod note: link deleted

It depends on how long I hung on to them for.  If I kept them hoping to use them but never did after a few years, they get tossed.  If I'd just purchased, I offer them to friends or my kids or my DH but he just keeps them around too. 

Most of the time i just store them in a seperate box because you never know what might come in handy one day!

Even if I have something that I don't really like or want all that much, I'll just try to use it up and get through it unless it's really, really awful or expired. Then I make a note to never buy that product again!

Depending what it is, I will give it to my mum or friends. I'd feel bad to just throw it out...

Bring 'em to my parents house when my sister and/or sister-in-law are there. My sister usually takes the cheapo stuff, and my SIL takes the rest. I've given some to my mom too.

Back