What do you do with unwanted beauty products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give them away. I have a family full of girls that would love anything I throw their way haha

I've swapped, but I find there isn't much I want; I've sold some items (especially HTF LE items from MAC or etc) just to recoup a little of my money.  Lastly, and almost my preferential solution, is giving things away to friends who I know will appreciate them.  My best friend, who doesn't have a lot of money as she is a new mom and her hubby is in trade school, loves Lancome and I gave her my 500-pt perk that contained a bunch of products she loves.  I was never going to use it and she loved it, so it was a win-win.

I find a way to use it or it gets left in the bottom of the drawer. I did recently give an eyeliner to my mom, I thought it was gray but it was black. I am too fair to wear it, but she is darker than me.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It sits around collecting dust :X  
This. 
dito.gif
  When it collects enough dust I'll throw it away.  But, not before then, cause then I feel guilty.
rolleyes.gif

Usually, I just give something away if it's unopened or barely used and not too old. But if it's been sitting around for ages and I can't even remember when I purchased it, then I just chuck it. Same with products that I find to be absolutely awful and terrible. I don't want to just dump those on someone else, so I just throw them out.

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Mudpiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I give them to woman shelters or organizations that are helping woman get back into the job force, same with old clothing..makes me feel good..BUT not as good as the woman who are trying to start their lives over again.   I try to do this as well.
 I tried doing this but was told they were full & needed nothing.  :S

For me, it's not necessarily a matter of unwanted so much as overpurchased. Once I realize I hauled more stuff at a sale than I know what to do with, I start cherry-picking items for my friends and family and take a look at the calendar to see who's got a birthday coming up.  Everyone knows they get bath/beauty items from me, so it comes as no surprise!

Back