What do you like from Wet N' Wild?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, it is a "young" brand. What do I like about them? the lipcolors and nailpolishes are a great bargain. What I don't like is the wear time...the nailpolish looks awful in 3 days and the lipsticks wear off in an hour. The price is great but I tend to spend a bit more for "endurance"-something I can wear all day. It is hard to find colors I like by Wet N' Wild, everything is pastel or too bright. Another "teenage" brand my pals and I like more is Jane...the prices are simliar and they make more sophisticated hues...a sultry violet instead of birght purple, a cranberry instead of a candy-red....you get the idea.

However, I had no clue that Wet N' Wild makes makeup as well....I think I will check them out and give t5hem a second shot myself. After all, as I said, I only bought the nailpolish and lipsticks they make.

Blessings!

~Mela

Hi,

this is what's in my pro kit from WnW:

Lip Pencil #666 (Brandywine) :icon_love

Brow Pencils (4 colors)

Clear Lip gloss (It's like MAC's lip glass)

2 Bronzers (one is pink based)

I like their stick blush. It's a hot pink color with subtle shimmer, but goes on light so that you can gradually build the color.

Of course, the hg lip pencil #666, but my newest WnW find is their new Pout Perfector tinted lip balm. I bought two, Hint of Cranberry and Hint of Bronze, and I love them. IMO, anyway, I think they are comparable to Stila's tinted lip balm (the skinny, sporty looking ones). Unlike a lot of tinted lip balms, these truly give you a pretty hint of color with a nice minty scent. :laughno:

Like another poster said the bronzer is not bad.the glitter is something that I like and ive heard good things about the face illuminator that its like revlons skinlights but to me its greasy!!maybe cuz ive got oily skin??but its so cheap worth a shot!!!!

I have their bronzer in Tahiti Tan. My skin is naturally not even close to fair and is tan/olive but too olive (which is why I use this bronzer). It's like $2, and it works really well. Comes in other colors too! And I've heard great things about their lip pencils, all over shimmer, and clear lip gloss which most say works as well as M.A.C. Clear Lipglass

Wet N' Wild has some nice nail colors, so I use those. Sometimes I still used their eyeliner pencil in Black, and some of their lipstick shades are nice. Since I don't wear a lot of nail polish (aside from my toes) and I rarely wear lipstick, they're good for when I want to try something new knowing I won't use it a lot. Other than that, I haven't tried anything by them... Long ago I used to have a lip gloss that was clear...

I was head over heels for their lipstick #508 but I havent been able to find it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( It was a brick plum red with out turning pink or being "goth" dark (for lack of a better term.) I honestly havent worn lipstick since. Just pencil and gloss

only tried their lipstick...as in one lipstick and that was 8 years ago....i don't know why i totally forgot about it..but i'm willing to try it again.

Hmm my favorite thing about Wet N Wild would have to be the prices!!!! I have used and own a few shimmer pots and eyeliners in black but now that the rest of you mentioned other things i think im gonna go buy some of their other products like that lip plumping stuff! nice post!

Definitely the Naive blush, the Pearlescent Pink (I think?) blush, the AOS (if you can find it). I also don't mind the cream blush sticks, and the Pout Protectors are nothing to sneeze at... very nice. And it's such a score when you can get something for so cheap!

Poor Girl's stila All Over Glow = Naive blush and AOS powder. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I LOVE the *smell* of the Mega-Glo face illuminator stuff.

The 2 nude lipliners (1 is pink based the other is more of a Spice color). I cut mine in half and then dip the end in rubbing cement so that it doesn't mess up the inside of my make-up bag

The eyeliners - They're totally basic eye kohls. But unless you're looking for a water-proof formula, these will do ya.

Bronze Berry Lipgloss (It's been featured in Allure a few times, most recently by **** Page)

Mega Eyes Creme Eyeshadow. Buff a little teeny bit onto your lid as an eyeshadow base. They have really great staying power

nail polish is okies...especially if I use a good base and topcoat..it lasts as long as any...

I used this brand when I was in junior high, I still like their lipglosses. I think the cream blushes are decent, too. Good makep for the price.

I don't think I have anything from Wet and Wild yet. I'm thinking of trying this pressed power though since its only ard US $3.

Back