What do you use and why- girls only

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I use tampons and sometimes I use pads. Just depends on what I get my hand on first. I highly recommend Always thin pads with wings (forgot the exact name). Even the super ones are extra thin. They have a very absorbent covering. I never feel wet and uncomfortable unless I am flowing extra heavy and need to change sooner than anticipated (TMI sorry).

I tried one of those cup things about ten years ago. It was all good until I had to remove the cup and ended up with a handful of blood. That ended that mission.

I've always been using pads, but I'm thinking about switching to tampons or diva cups.

I've always been curious about the diva cup. I use tampons both during the day and at night. My skin down there is VERY sensitive and even the small amount of moisture during a light flow day causes massive dryness, redness and pain.

i typically use tampons during the day and pads at night. sometimes if i have nothing to do at all and i know im just going to be at home ill just use pads.

i just like to give my system a break.

i've used tampons before but i've kind of stopped because i get such awful cramps. it just seems to make it worse having something shoved up there. not for me :] the only time i wear them is when i go swimming, of course.

and as for the people that wear them at night... aren't you not supposed to wear them through the night because of tss or something?

Hmm I've only ever used pads. But I've always heard tampons are better, so i guess i'll let you know once i've tried both lol.

Ever since I started wearing tampons, I never went back to pads. Maybe it's just me, but wearing a pad was uncomfortable since I felt like I was sitting on my own bloody mess (lol) but also I ended up having leakage...whereas when I used tampons I hardly had any problem's as long as I change it every couple of hrs. That's just my 2 cents. Ofc, when I'm sleeping at night I might sometimes use pads, but otherwise I stick with tampons.

I have to use both for my first three days of my period, haha.. my period is irregular, I get it every 2 - 3 months randomly, but when I do it's heavyy. I prefer tampons though for the other 3 days, I hate having to wear pads. & I never heard of it being unhealthy for you to use tampons during the night.. I've always done that. Probably not a good thing.

I wear tampons all the time but sometimes at night I were pads because the risk of TSS but tampons are amazing you cannot feel them at all. If you are going to try them for the first time i would suggest getting reg, jr, or light size...the sizes are the same as pads if you have a reg flow than get reg, heavy you get supers, and really heavy you get super plus....they're nice and you dont feel like you have anything in at all i would also suggest getting a plastic applicator!

i'm a tampon girl. after reading this thread, i'm gonna get on top of my game though. i leave my tampons in all day and over night sometimes and i definately don't want to get TSS so, i'm glad that i came across this thread to remind me.

YEP!!!! I bought mine a few years back and love it! NEVER a leak!

I was afraid it try it after trying INSTEAD when it came out and HATED it! But the Keeper rocks! I the Diva cup is the same thing but silicone I think?

I use the keeper because it's better for me (no bleach in my body, no threat of TSS) and better for the environment!

I have also used cloth pads in the past and wear them at night.

i didn't know cloth pads exist. i always use my vania pads, never had any problem with them, though i'm curious about the other stuff.

Tampons during the day, pads at night. Lucky for me though, six weeks after I had my son I had a iud put in and didn't have a pd for 13 months and then after I finished breastfeeding him (hes was 13 months) to this day I think I've had 4 or 5 pds. He's gonna be 3 in Aug. The last time I had one was two months ago and prior to that maybe June 07?

I stick to the tampons or tampons with a pantiliner if I'm paranoid of leakage...used to use pads and hated the icky feeling/mess....never used menstrual cups but they sound scary! :10:

Back