What do you use to remove eye makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like oil based removers, they irritate my eyes.

I always come back to Olay eye make up remover, this stuff is the best for me. And totally non irritating. I try to remove the make up as gentle as possible. Most of the time I use a cotton pad, make it a little wet and put on some Olay remover. Then I gently dab my eyes. After that I use a new wet cotton pad to remove the excess and clean.

31lf-vd7dpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have been using Merle Norman extra gentle for years. I have also used DHC olive oil makeup remover works well also. I havent found anything that removes it besides these.

I use Avene extremely gentle cleanser and Avene thermal spring water or Plaiser eye make-up remover gel. It works very well. I don't like using any kind of oil because it irritates my eyes.

I have two that I use, Almay Mointurizing Eye Make-up Remover Gel, it's 100% fragrance free, I found it at the 99 cent only store. I also use Equate Eye Makeup Remover it's oil free, it's comparable to L'Oreal makeup remover. I don't know how old you are, but I just turned 49 and these are what I use. Hope this helps.

I just bought a new remover yesterday from Boots, its by Sanctuary and is a cream which you rub into your skin including the eyes and then wipe off with a muslin cloth, used it last night and my skin felt super soft afterwards and it was much quicker than using eye makeup remover, cleanser and toner.

I tried using the Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover (I've got the correct thing in mind, right? Blue bottle, need to shake the stuff together before using?) as a cheaper alternative to the Clinique one I've been using (purple bottle). I had done some research on it and a lot of people raved about it.

But it makes my eyes feel really greasy and i don't know if it's just me or not, but my vision always looks garbled and fuzzy for a while after using it, like it's getting in my eyes. It says oil free but it makes me feel like I have a bunch of oil inside my eyes or something (and all around my eye area too). When I went back and re-read some of the reviews, I noticed a few people experienced this almost exact thing though.

I suppose if you're used to using baby oil or Vaseline to remove though, that it's not much worse?

The Clinique one can be used for eye make up and lipstick...I liked it because it doesn't make my eyes feel so much like "omg need to wash off this residue right now!" feeling.

Both seem to work (and I've been using both bottles still...I bought it, need to use at least my money's worth out of it)

I think the Neutrogena was like $5, while the Clinique is like $16-18 though.

edit: oh the method is mostly the same though. soak a cotton pad, then let it sit on my lids for a few seconds to melt through the makeup. then rub off downwards to wipe off my lashes.

I mostly only need it when I use waterproof mascara. usually my liners will come off within two washings/lotion applications. (generally wash my face at the end of the day and again before I put makeup on the next morning...by that point any liner/shadow is generally gone on its own)

OH...actually I almost forgot. Clean and Clear Makeup removing cleanser. I love that stuff when I have makeup and don't feel like using a separate remover. It works on waterproof mascara, although sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to get everything off..just take the foam and rub your fingers along the lashes. Sometimes it's easier than getting out the cotton and everything.

Originally Posted by banapple /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use my mom's estee lauder makeup remover. works like a charm!! I use my mom's estee lauder makeup remover too. 0:

I use Clinique's Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips. It's great stuff. However, I have used Rimmel's Eye Makeup Remover before and that stuff worked well too.

i used to use baby oil to remove eye makeup, it works very well, but i got milia and it's getting worse and worse so i have to switch to another EMR (eye makeup remover)

someone gave my mom a bottle of Nivea EMR, i tried it but its much worse than baby oil, can not remove waterproof mascara
frown.gif

i have just tried dermologicas make up remover which is very good, but most of the time just regularsimple make up wipes or l'oreal demaq expert
smile.gif

Back