What do you use to remove eye makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have gotten lazy over the years. I am now using Dr. Perricone's Age Prevent cleanser. Apparently this is a crazy best seller and they can't keep it in stock on the official Dr. Perricone website. Here is the marketing text that describes the product:

Quote:
Perricone MD Age Prevent Cleanser is a non-drying facial wash that removes all impurities including makeup. It helps to improve tone, clarity and texture to unveil skin’s natural radiance. DMAE is added to provide firming benefits. Skin is perfectly prepared for treatment.
KEY SCIENCES:

Vitamin C Ester

DMAE

This face wash also contains Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is some sort of miracle anti-aging ingredient. We will see!!! The product feels a bit oily when I first start washing with it, but it feels really natural and starts foaming up really nicely. It takes everything off!

i have to agree with some of you guys i use baby wipes,vaseline,and olive oil. i agree with you noir i start using vaseline like two years ago and it dose help the skin around your eyes i don,t now why but it does work!!!!

I usually use either a water based makeup remover or a milky cleansing lotion. I havent found any where I live in the US so I tried a regular body lotion, Suave, and it worked really well lol. I also tried pond cream, which is good.

you know...I would have been scared to use olive oil, but I tried it to clean my eyeliner brushes (saw a video about it) that I just couldn't ever get fully cleaned (I have one liner brush that has white bristles -- over time and over some washings, it's turned a muddy blue color and I could never get it fully cleaned and I figured it had just gotten permanently stained.) A few swipes over some olive oil and I could actually see the pure white again! (the deep inside was still a little blue but the tip and the outsides were definitely a white and no longer that muddy color.) I could definitely see a q-tip over the liner area being a super gentle remover for tough waterproof liners and such.

literally all I did was put a bit onto a paper towel and swipe gently back and forth. a q-tip with some gentle swiping would likely get it off your eyes just as easily.

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Rimmel eye makeup remover works for me...cheap at under $5I tried the Neutrogena stuff but went back to Rimmel

I was using the Rimmel eye makeup remover, too, and it works really well! However, I think the small bottle is gone in a matter of 2 weeks and I don't even wear super heavy makeup. At least it's cheap!

I used Vaseline up until a few years ago when I started using an Neutragenas eye makeup remover. I ran out and ended up going back to Vaseline, and I have to say I am not sure why I ever stopped using it. It works beautifully and is super moisturizing to the eye area. I have decided to keep using the Vaseline. Olive oil is another good choice: removes makeup but has a lot of moisturizing properties for the delicate eye area.

I use Albolene to remove my eye makeup. I apply it and then use a tissue to wipe off.
It funny how known this product online and how many people I meet on a daily basis barely know what it is! I is one of the best moisturizing, free fragrance, makeup remover products that are out on the market. You don't even need water when using it, just apply it, wait two minutes, and wipe it off with a tissue. And makeup artists should check out their makeup artist corner where you can see how they are letting anyone enter to win Albolene products and a chance to explain to everyone how they get their look that they submitted! It's so cool!  

Hi there!

I'll share my experience. My skin is super oily in the T panel, and many products I've used were like a complete disaster.. The only product that works for me at the moment is Eucerin micellar water, in combination with the wash gel from the same line.. My face looks so much healthier, and my oiliness is on a minimum now..

The tear free baby shampoo is a great way to remove mascara (even waterproof), eye shadow and eyeliner. Eye makeup removers can get pretty pricey, especially if you wear eye makeup frequently, so this is an affordable and a pain-free way to remove makeup. Without the burning!

The tear free baby shampoo is a great way to remove mascara (even waterproof), eye shadow and eyeliner. Eye makeup removers can get pretty pricey, especially if you wear eye makeup frequently, so this is an affordable and a pain-free way to remove makeup. Without the burning!
Umm??? Shampoo??? Really???

Sounds very irresponsible to suggest removing eye make-up with shampoo, tear-free or otherwise. 

Shampoo is made specifically for washing hair, and not as an eye make-up remover!

Perhaps you need to refamiliarize yourself with watching animal testing videos and look at the results of shampoo being dropped in the eyes of rabbits, mice, and chimpanzees. Their reactions are not very pretty... 

My favorite types lately are remover balms and gels. I've tried Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm and Elf's Gel Melt Cleanser. Both are super gentle on the skin and you don't have to tug at the sensitive skin under your eyes. I will say this though; make sure you rinse these off very well or you may get clogged pores due to their thicker textures. Elf's makeup remover wipes are also a staple for me!

My motto is "Like Dissolves Like"  - Oil cleansing or milk cleansers are the best way to go. They are super gentle and breakdown heavy makeup quickly. 

It takes an oil to grab onto and breakdown most eye makeup which is made up of waxes. 

Oil-free makeup removes can be harsh and unbalance your skin - they can make your skin oilier when they strip your skin of natural oils. 

Back