What hit the trash can today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally threw out my Urban Decay Perversion mascara. It's been getting clumpy and thick, and today I finally said goodbye. I don't have another so I bought 3 new mascaras at Target to try out lol.

I actually really like the way that stuff makes my hair feel and am using it now. (Got it from Glossybox.) Although it seems like I'm going through it pretty fast. I don't have any kind of reaction to it at all. (However, I most definitely *have* had unpleasant reactions to products, usually skincare products, so I understand wanting to get rid of something that bothers you.)
I really liked it too. So, its a bummer. I don't usually have reactions either. The only good thing is I get to move along in my stash.

I just finished and tossed a full size Marc Jacobs lip balm (that I bought to get a GWP). I can't believe how quickly I went through it. I don't recall the last lip balm I finished before it went off. I don't think I will be repurchasing immediately because of the price and how fast it went, but I did like it a lot. The texture seemed a lot softer than the mini sample Sephora was sending out a while back. I think it's a little softer than the Fresh lip balms and has a light mint scent. I mostly used this at night because you can apply it pretty thickly and it stays in place. I wasn't a huge fan of the packaging. It seemed a little bulky to carry around daily, and kind of reminds me of a mini...ahem, adult entertainment product. I will probably repurchase when the next Marc Jacobs Beauty GWP comes around.

I also got rid of a TON of Clinique GWP products from when I was going through another can't-turn-down-a-GWP phase. Most of the skincare was probably too old to use, and ditched some plastic clamshell blushes/eye shadows/powder where the packaging wouldn't stay closed without a rubber band or something. Don't know why it took me so long to get rid of those.

K. I really should be tossing a lot more but I think I got rid of a lot of full size items that my list is a bit shorter...

Bare Minerals Active Cell Renewal Night Serum foil packet - I actually love this serum and have a ton of them so I will be using it for a bit. May consider buying when I finish the samples. The only thing I noticed is that I left this packet opened for a bit and the smell and consistency reallllly changed so if I buy the full size I will make sure to keep it close and well-sealed.

Aveda Foot Relief 1.4 fl oz. - I love Aveda products but this lotion was not a hit for me. It was not as emollient as I expect from foot lotions and I also love peperminty foot lotions which this was not. It has a mild lemony scent but nothing original. Won't repurchase. 

Algenist with Alguronic Acid Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 - 15 ml - I loved this moisturizer! Saw my skin be really stable and clear while using it and I loved the smell and texture. It smells like high end sun-screen and I love that it has SPF 20. May repurchase once I get thru the pile of moisturizers I have lol.

Caldrea Herbs of Provence Hand Balm 4 oz - I love Caldrea products and this one was a solid one but I think I may repurchase  different scent. Currently using Minus 417 hand lotion and really loving it. 

Pangea Organics Facial Cream 1 fl oz - I got this from my boss last Xmas and I swear it was a re-gift. By the time I got around to opening it, it was kinda separated. I used it a few times thinking maybe it was a bit funky because it is an organic product but I just can't! It came with a face scrub and toner and mask that I am getting thru but I just cannot finish the face cream. It is getting tossed!

Prescriptives Eyeliner is some sort of bronze color - I liked the formula but the color was a bit light for me. May repurchase in a darker color but right now I have a lot of eyeliners that are really solid for me. Namely, Ulta gel eyeliners, Tarte Amazonian eyeliners and some solid liquid liners so maybe Prescriptives may have to really pull something special to get me to buy them again. 

Simple Radiance Cleansing Wipes 25 wipes - I like the Simple Sensitive skin wipes and I thought I would try these but what was weird was that the cloths were so different...really thin and did not hold onto a lot of liquid. I think they are supposed to be exfoliating but they felt cheap. Will stick to the sensitive skin ones or my fave - Neutrogena. 

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Sulfate Free Shampoo 8.5 fl oz - I liked this shampoo and may repurchase but not something I am going to die without. I loved the chocolate one they have but can't find it anymore. I always use sulfate-free shampoos because they make my Keratin treatments last longer but there are more options out there now. 

Dove Nutrium Moisture Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Scent 24 fl oz. - it took me a million years to finish this. Kinda weird. Feels like using lotion during a shower. I used it for shaving mostly. Won't repurchase. Does not sud and smell is so-so. Definitely won't repurchase. Glad to have finished it. Only plus was that it was moisturizing. 

Bath & Body Works 3-wick candle Hot Buttered Rum - Loved this scent and will look for it next year and repurchase. 

Bath & Body Works 3-wick candle Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - Used this up the week of Thanksgiving and it is my fave! I can't wait to get it next season. Loved that I used it during the peak of pumpkin season. 

i finally finished the full size The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream that I've been working on for over a year! I did like the way it left my skin feeling, since it was mattifying, but I definitely need something with suncreen. 

Yesterday I did a major clean-out of my makeup. I tossed lots of old, expired products that I wasn't loving anyway, and definitely wasn't using. I also got rid of some things that were just lying around that I bought and didn't love. I'm glad to have more space for what I actually use and love.

photo 4.JPG

The makeup in the ziplocks is lightly used and is being donated to a thrift store that I know sells used makeup. I don't know if anyone will buy it, but I can't bear to throw it out when I know it isn't expired or old, just unloved.

The makeup laid out is all expired and old and I'm so glad to see it gone.

marvelous moxie lipgloss- the smell makes me vomit, never was able to wear it

pop beauty bronzer- from a sub box, WAY too sparkly

several old eyeshadow quads, I just have too many palettes and never reach for this

elf lip stains- not bad product, but I don't use it anymore

Today, these things were tossed!

IMG_8593.JPG

All of the BaB was a long time coming, I just didn't use it and am so sick of getting the brand. Quite a few things hit the trash a while ago, but these hung around until now.

The Starlooks palette, I had a hard time deciding. But the lid broke off and shattered. There are a few shades I loved and would use if I could depot them, but I can't, so goodbye!

The Jessie's GIrl palette was okay, I just have nicer versions of all of the shades. 

This morning I trashed:

Proganix Anti-Fade Weightless Argan Oil + UV Protection spray.

I sneezed every time I used it. Today was the final test to see if I was crazy.  Aahh-Chooo!  Its too bad as its a full size item barely used.
I am still trying to like this spray.  Instant cherry blossom explosion.  I don't see this ending well for my bottle.

I threw away some empties of Birchbox samples: Klorane makeup remover (awesome, bought full-size), Hello shampoo/conditioner, Whish shave cream.

I'm going through my Nourish Organics eye cream from Ipsy pretty quickly, so that and my almost empty Smashbox eyelid primer will be the next to go.

It feels good to go through these things... Makes me feel like less of a hoarder, and clears out space for my January boxes! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm traveling this week and hope to use up some of my travel-sized items that I hardly use at home.

I won't have many empties tomorrow (since I'm trying to do the whole Sunday empties thing)...with it being christmas break, I have been a total sloth and have only left the house when necessary, so I've been using a lot less stuff! lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I need this thread!

I'm starting to go through my stockpile to weed out what I do not want.

1. Pacifica Deeply Devoted Natural Lipstick Firebird - I love the color on me. It makes me teeth look yellowish and dries out my lips. Into the trash it goes.

2. Cailyn Just Mineral Eye Polish - I have very sensitive eye and thought I could try this. I love the design which looks like a nailpolish bottle. The eyeshadow doesn't adhere to the applicator which makes me concern that it will fall into my eyes or eyelid margins.

3. Institut Karite Ultra-Rich Hand Creaam - The unscented is half used and the rose scented is unused. I don't like it. It feels heavy and greasy to me. I have other hand creams that i like much better. I'm going to see if my sister wants them before I toss them.

Cover girl 24 hour lash blast it is horrible because it never comes off, not even with makeup remover, it is just so hard to get it off and I had to pull a couple of eyelashes off because the crap didn't want to come off with soap or anything.

Tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector - I thought I had tossed this already.  hmmm...Anyway, I tried it again and its just to cakey under my eyes.  I have dark circles but, I am willing to apply lightly if I thought it would look well.  Not so much. 

Benefit They're Real Push-up Liner - This was a deluxe sample.  I have a love/hate relationship with liners.  This one is too hokey and messy for my lack of patience. 

Dumped!

Latest posts

Back