What hit the trash can today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying to throw out a lot of things, this week I am only tossing 2.

IMG_9001.JPG

I like the sumita liner, but the lid fell off, it got pretty dry, and I don't like using such short pencils, I have another full size.

The pixi shadow is fine, but I have many shades just like it, and it's nothing special.

Elf's HD Mattifying Balm- I rarely ever get breakouts from makeup products, but this one was the exception. It also felt super greasy, made my face extra oily, and hardly did any mattifying. 

Garnier Under Eye Roller- it was so old and I never used it.

Illegal Length Mascara- I actually love this mascara, and will probably repurchase it eventually, but I pride myself on replacing things that expire/become unsanitary fairly regularly. I've had it for well over six months. 

Smashbox Full Exposure Sample- At first I really liked it because my lashes looked natural but also had some flex to them. However, it smudged easily and was getting a little old. 

After a couple of weeks of trying to love it, I tossed an old Just For Redheads lipstick palette. It didn't smell off, but the texture was terrible, the lipsticks were balling up on my lips and felt like Play-Doh. The upside was discovering that I had total dupes, and very near dupes for every color anyway in much better formulations.

I finally tossed the NARS Orgasm blush I wore for my wedding day from 2003. The formerly rubber feeling case had become sticky as flypaper, despite being stored in the original box and never being exposed to any temperature extremes. It felt gross to just touch it! In November I got a Sephora favorites bag that contained the same blush, so no real loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
My December Trash! Last trash toss of the year!

Avon In A Wink Eyeshadow Sheets - These things are so weird and so old. They are basically eyeshadow on wax paper - you press it to your eye and it transfers over. Since they are individually wrapped I'm sure they are sanitary but I never reach for them because the highlight section is a bit too sparkly and a lot too large. 
Tony Moly Bunny Bar in Strawberry?? - It's the lightest pink one that's smiling. I am actually almost finished with it, but I just cant continue. I hate it. It settles into ALL the fine lines on my lips and looks awful. Smells nice and the packaging is so adobs, but no more. 
True Blend Liquid Foundation in W1 - This stuff always broke down on my face just a few hours after applying. Opened it up to try it again with the Goss method and noticed the smell was a bit... yeasty? Weird, especially since I've only had it for a few months.Don't trust it anymore, so tossing.
Bare Minerals Warmth - I bought this during my first few years of college. It's oooold. 
Proactiv Smoothing Primer - Never thought it did anything, and it just expired so I'm saying goodbye.
Mally Liquid Lipstick Pen Thing in Mally's Look... I think - The packaging doesn't really tell you what this thing is called, but I'll tell you what it is: Awful. It settles everywhere, it's goopy, it looks like a toddler tried to put on your lipstick for you. The applicator is the soft brush kind that I wish companies would stop making because all they do is mis-distribute product and clump together, not to mention the bacterial issues that I'm convinced are happening. Just... Ugh...
Physians Formula Baked Oatmeal Wet/Dry Eyeshadow Trio - Didn't work wet. Didn't work dry. I have too many other shadows in these exact shades but better quality to keep trying to get these to work.
Dermablend Long Wear Makeup Remover - This came as a sample in a starter kit with their complexion creme. This stuff is terrible. It leaves such a waxy residue that my face looked like I had applied Rain-Ex to it... Water just beading up all over. Used it twice and hated it so much that it went straight to the toss bin. AWFUL stuff.
Rainbow Honey All You Base - Wanted to love this since it's an indie company and the name is just perfect, but it destroyed my nails. I used it for a few weeks in November and I am just now getting to the end of cutting back the damage it did. It might have had a strengthening agent in it since that is the only other thing I've ever known to do that to my nails, but man, it really tore them up.

BB Creams I'm tossing since their colors don't match me in the slightest and it's too much work trying to get them to look halfway passable on me:
Missha Perfect Cover BB in 23 - Using 21 right now and it's still a touch too dark/orange. Thinking about trying 13 which is the lightest shade just to see if it works. 
Hanskin Bio Wrinkle Talk BB - Love it but never wear it cause of the color. 
Dr Jart Black Label Detox BB - Hate it and the color doesn't work, so it's just bad for me all around.
Dr Brant BB Matte - This is in light to medium and I have no idea who would have ever thought this stuff would work for "light" skintones, but they are colorblind. This is ORANGE pigment, straight up. It's also not matte in the slightest. Glad I got it in a beauty bag, but disappointed it didn't work since it's a dang full size product.  
Marcelle BB Creme in Golden Glow - This is about twenty shades too dark for me. Got it in BB and thought I would keep it and try to make it work as a bronzer or something, but no. Too much work.

Today I trashed a deluxe sample of Smashbox Full Exposure mascara. I hate it too much to finish it. It transfers, smears, streaks, ugh! Into the garbage it goes.
Good for you! No use in using things up if you can't stand them! This will be happening to my stash over the next 100 days as well as I work through things trying to finish them up.

Today I cleaned out my cosmetics that I store at my desk at work. These are all just old.... expired, etc. None of them I'm counting for empties because I didn't necessarily finish using them up any time recently, or even at all. Just needed to be chunked!

photo(10).JPG

I tossed a Cynthia Rowley mini lipgloss. This is from the December BirchBox curated box except I received Sugar which is more of a mauve instead of the red shade. I could not tolerate the smell and it seems runny. I lasted 2 minutes before having to wipe it off.

Disclaimer: I am horrible at describing colors because of my eye disease. It looks mauve to me, but could be a different color.

Today I trashed 2 eye liners:

1. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Perversion - This was my second time giving this product a shot and it's still not great.  It tends to peel off in sections towards the end of the day.  Even if I got another one of these for free I would not use it, there's better options out there.

2. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper - I had just opened this one and it was dried up.  This is normally my HG liner, and I've gone through several of them,  This particular liner was a travel sized promo from Sephora that I have had in my drawer for a while.  Even though I had never opened the lid, it was just too dry to use.  

Not too long ago I also tossed a deluxe sample of the Benefit push up liner.  I didn't like the way it applied.

The other day I had to throw away a Bourjois lipstick the day I got it, as it broke and I wasn't able to save it. (I was not impressed, and I really couldn't be bothered with the hassle of sending it back to France.)

Today I threw out an almost used up Nivea lipbalm, it had broken off towards the end, and there was a tiny bit left, so it went bye-bye. 

I tossed the Cailyn loose eyeshadow/eye polish from last month's Ipsy bag. It actually turned out to be a nice color, but the applicator was a pain in the *** and there was no way to use it with a brush without dumping loose shadow everywhere. *thunk*

The second item was the Demeter Pixie Dust roll-on from the December bag. I was really excited to get this, but it seemed like a sweeter version of Pink Sugar, which is already too sweet for my taste. I hope Ipsy continues to include Demeter rollerballs in future bags in different scents. *thunk*

The third was a deluxe sample of a Jurlique moisturizer. I generally love this brand, but it was expired, and I take their expiration dates a little more seriously than other brands because I don't think they use as many preservatives. It was starting to smell a bit off, so *thunk*

The last item was the L.A. Colors Chunky Lip Pencil from the December Ipsy bag. The texture/scent/taste weren't bad, but the formula was pretty opaque and the color (Wine) was a little too bold for my everyday look. Also, it arrived with the tip smooshed in the cap, which isn't a total deal breaker, but given that my Dollar Tree sells L.A. Colors, I can let this one go. *thunk*

@ - I know right? I put a PSA announcement on the BB thread to have people take them on off their "want" lists for trading. What a dud.

How small is too small for a stick eye liner? 

Like at what point should I stop sharpening my UD 24/7 Stick Eyeliner in Zero and just toss it?

I threw out the ridiculous Laura Mercier Brush that came in my Birchbox last month. 
Since that link is not the brush that was in BB last month, I'm assuming you didn't include a link and it's actually just an ad. Anyone know how to block these?

Latest posts

Back