What is one makeup product or item you'll splurge on?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foundations and mascaras. Although, I'm better at justifying the foundations. The price of some of the mascaras is absolutely ridiculous! I found one that was amazing in a sample and I looked up the price and it was $61! Seriously?!?

Originally Posted by lilgreengoblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Foundations and mascaras. Although, I'm better at justifying the foundations. The price of some of the mascaras is absolutely ridiculous! I found one that was amazing in a sample and I looked up the price and it was $61! Seriously?!?
$20 is even pushing it for me on mascara. I found one I LOVE, which I will pay $20 for, but otherwise I just wait for samples or GWP items to test new ones out. Mascara has a 3 month shelf life, so why would I want to spend $60 4x per year? That's just insane to me. Unless my eyelashes turn into solid gold, it's just not happening.

I most often splurge on mascara and lipstick. I'd rather spend $61 on a mascara I use every day than $30 on a product that will probably just sit and collect dust forever (aka most of my eyeshadows).

I splurge on foundation and concealer.. they have to be excellent products otherwise cheap ones make my skin looking cakey!

I also spend so much on perfume... I have so many unused bottles but my hobby is to collect them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I splurge on foundation and concealer.. they have to be excellent products otherwise cheap ones make my skin looking cakey! I also spend so much on perfume... I have so many unused bottles but my hobby is to collect them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
There sure are some gorgeous packaging options in the perfume world!

Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I haven't found a drugstore moisturizer that compares to it.

Anything. I will splurge on anything once in awhile. My usual suspects are eyeshadow, blush, and foundation.

MAC foundation and concealer, decent quality make up brushes and skin care products. I like the CeraVe line I only just discovered.

There are few items actually when I spend - number 1- FYSIKO eyelash serum - grows my eyelashes- I used to buy Latisse, now I spend on FYSIKO - $140.00 6 months supply

2. MASCARA - has to be LANCOME DEFINICILS - $26.00 every 2-3 months!

3 COLORECIENCE foundation- $60.00 4 months supply - mineral foundation I use for years - my color is California Girl

Originally Posted by alicemont /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are few items actually when I spend - number 1- FYSIKO eyelash serum - grows my eyelashes- I used to buy Latisse, now I spend on FYSIKO - $140.00 6 months supply

2. MASCARA - has to be LANCOME DEFINICILS - $26.00 every 2-3 months!

3 COLORECIENCE foundation- $60.00 4 months supply - mineral foundation I use for years - my color is California Girl
OHHH this is so funny, I just wanted to write myself that Fysiko is a number one in my list as well! I have two - one is in my bathroom, another in my travel bag! Much better than Latisse!

I love all! Any makeup item and skincare products will be in my 'makeup love list' but makeup-for-dry skin. I love sparkly and shine makeup..because of laziness (and having good skin by born), I most often skip my skin care routine. But I love eyeshadows (shiny, matte), blush, primer, foundation, pressed/loose/mattifying/shimmer powder, I love concealer, lipstick, lipgloss, makeup brushes and god knows what not!

Foundation for sure! I will spend the most on any products that go directly on my skin because I want to make sure it's good quality product for sensitive acne prone skin.

Skin care products like wrinkle creams or serums. I keep hoping to find something miraculous.

Skincare, because with sensitive skin and redness issues, you don't really have a choice. I find a product that works, i stick to it. I use Avène, La Roche Posay, Bioderma, Galenic, all decently priced but they quickly add up.

I also don't look too much at the price of foundation, currently Lancôme, and mascara, Sumptous from Estée Lauder. Finding just the right foundation can be so tedious that although i would love if it was less expensive, i'm sticking to my Teint Idole. The same goes for mascara, i can't help that my allergies are more concentrated in that area, and i especially want to wear makeup on my bad days.

Back