What is one makeup product or item you'll splurge on?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if I had a choice between makeup and skincare I would definitely pick skincare and more specifically a good moisturizer.

But since we're talking about makeup, my splurge would be a good loose powder. I found my HG in Thai brand called Oriental Princess. It's inexpensive and goes on incredibly well, and it's buildable so it conceals just about everything! Most foundations seem to look heavy on me no matter how I blend them so I have to use powders or BB creams instead.

I would have to say concealer and foundation. I have dark circles and I must cover them up before leaving home.

Concealer and highlighter and primers are my picks. I'm uniquely obsessed with the texture and finish of my base makeup these days.

Well, if you look in my make-up kit (a vintage train case) you will see right off that my two most expensive products are both eye shadow palettes. One is the Urban Decay Black palette and one is a Kat Von D Sinner palette. If I ever find a foundation that is exactly what I want, I would probably splurge a bit on that too ^_~ But I really like pigmented eye shadows because I like to play with them for my self portrait sessions.

Blush, I'd have a flat face without it.  I also splurge on eyeliners and eyeshadow.  And good skincare is a must.  And I have to use brow color, but I don't splurge on it.

Depends on what you mean by splurge, probably the one product I might pay the most for is foundation, if I knew it would give me perfect looking skin and stay on for at least 8 hours there is (nearly) no limit to what I would pay for that! But if you mean by splurge, what is the product that you can't stop buying? Then that would be nail polish. I already have more than I could possibly wear in this lifetime, BUT I CAN'T STOP BUYING IT!!!

Foundations... always and forever! 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anything. I will splurge on anything once in awhile. My usual suspects are eyeshadow, blush, and foundation.
LOL. I was thinking of replying something among the same lines after watching the title of the thread, and then I saw your comment.

So, yeah... it could be anything. But mostly foundation, eyeshadows and blushes. 

Splurge... Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, Lancome High Resolution collaser serum, Chanel Beaute des cils mascara base, Fysiko eyelash growth serum, Laura Mercier Tinted Foundation

I think I mostly tend to splurge on lip gloss or fragrance.My nieces always want me to clean out my stash so they can rebuild theirs it's kinda cute at times.

Right now, I'm kind of in the process of switching my beauty regime over to organic products, so I might have to end up splurging on every item and while the benefits does seem worth it, I don't know, I just can't bring myself to splurge on what's is essentially just a little tray of colored powder that's just going to sit on my face for a couple of hours and then get washed down the drain at night! I've always been cheap when it comes to eyeshadows, powders, and blush, but of course natural products have a lot bigger price tags (just because they can -__-). It does make sense to me that people splurge on foundation though. I mean, if you can find one that lasts, photographs well, matches your skin perfectly, etc. I'd stay loyal to it, too! But I'm too scared to swatch foundations in stores, so in my current makeup stash, although I've neer really splurged on one single foundation, it's the one product I'll freely experiment purchasing at drugstores, and that does add up $$$ haha. 

I tend to splurge on eye cream (Usually a Clinique one) or mascara (because I'm really picky about mascara and I love having long lashes so I tend to buy the Estee Lauder Sumptous one). However if I had to choose between the two I'd pick mascara because I find that using cheaper eye creams tend to work just as well.

i think anything that directly enhances my skin... wether it be skincare or foundations. i have just started getting really into skin care and i have become obsessed with cleansing balms... those things arent the cheapest cleansers to buy. blerg! but my skin has never been so soft and clear! its worth it to me! i also love a good foundation, im about to get either the YSL touche eclat foundation or the MUFE Face&Body.

Foundation is probably the most expensive makeup I've purchased. I used to use Sisley foundation, up until a couple yrs ago, when I finally gave sephora a chance. I realized there are cheaper foundations that work well too, and now use makeup forever, covergirl, and Estée Lauder. If neimans were more convenient for me to shop at, I probably would continue using higher end cosmetics, but it is not.

if you find me a foundation thats full coverage, my PERFECT skin tone, lasts for 16+ hours, kept me completely shine-free, and looks 100% natural, also, it has to make my skin look damn near perfect. then I'll pay you anything you want. I don't care if you test on animals, I'd prefer if it had amazing skin clearing effects.

seriously. I'd give up everything for a foundation like that.

Mmm foundation, because drugstores don't carry my face shade, which is very pale with yellow undertones. Drugstore brands don't do this shade because its too rare -.-' oh and katlyne have you tried Nars sheer glow ???

Back