What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should try Estee Lauder double wear foundation. Great coverage, stays matte for ages, lasts all day. I swear by it! They wi;; amtch up your colour perfectly at the counter if you ask them.

Black Opal...hands down! Perfect match! Perfect coverage! Blends seamlessly

My shade is Truely Topaz

I just picked up Maybelline Matte Dream Mousse and it's a dream, I've got oily skin and since it's powdery it seems to play well with my skin all day long
smile.gif
I know it's a cheap drug store brand, but if it works!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by BellaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just picked up Maybelline Matte Dream Mousse and it's a dream, I've got oily skin and since it's powdery it seems to play well with my skin all day long
smile.gif
I know it's a cheap drug store brand, but if it works!
rockwoot.gif
Theres nothin wrong with using a cheap drugstore brand
tongue.gif

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation number 175. It is absolutely the best foundation on the planet!!!! I SWEAR by it!!! It gives flawless coverage, it's buildable,

I second that notion!! Makeup Forever's HD foundation is the creme de la creme of foundations. I am experimenting right now with Jane Iredale's mineral liquid foundation because I was told it would improve my skin quality (contains algae and a bunch of good stuff) so we will see. I used MUF's HD foundation for two months straight and now I am entering my 2nd week of Jane Iredale. I am looking for something that will help minimize pores and control my oil. So far, MUF is winning!

i love custom creations by revlon it works for the summer when my skin pigmentation is a bit darker and for winter when i look a bit ligther haven had any problems with my skin either.

i do agree with hairego lancome moustorizer breaks me out i have better luck with neutrogena and im stickin with it too .just because some products are expensive dosen't mean better all the time.

I am using RMK liquid foundation and makeup base. I'm not sure if you girls can get this brand but in ASIA, especially japan, RMK is the best. Light weight, oil control, soft finish!

My local department store has RMK stuff on sale. Worth checking out?

Anyway, my favourite of the foundations I've tried is the new Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. It's light but with great coverage, has a lovely, natural finish and the colour doesn't make me yellow or orange! I'm the 00 Alabaster.

I also briefly tried Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation in Shell and I quite liked that. Only one foundation for me at a time though, unless the one I have is just no good. That's probably what I will try when my current one is finished.

gillT, lucky girl, be sure to try RMK Make up Base and Liquid Foundation. They are lovely!

I've heard about BB New foundation, but as usual it takes forever to reach Asia. any chance of doing a CP?
smokin.gif

You might want to try Ideal Shade Smooth Mineral Makeup...This makeup has meduim coverage and a luminous finish. You also might want to try Soultions Totall Radiance Day and night cleanser and facial cream.

I have combination skin and I have fallen in love with Revlon Colorstay. I purchased the oily skin foundation, and I'm going to try the dry skin one as well to see which works best on my skin.

The best foundation I have tried for my oily skin (and I've tried a lot!) is Max Factor Pancake. It's just awesome!

I have oily skin...and I've used Prescriptives for years. I tried MAC Studio Fix (I believe that's the one I tried...it was in a compact form)...but it seemed to make me oilier. Prescriptives blends well...I use the Oil-Control Foundation...I didn't have to get a custom blended shade because they have so many...they were able to match my skintone with a shade on the rack. I get so many compliments about how my skin looks nice. I use Prescriptives Virtual Matte Oil-Control...and I love it.

My faves are Laura Mercier and Everyday Minerals.

I did like MAC but stopped using it as it made my skin break up big time!!!

Yehey!!! I was able to figure out my password for this site. I have been trying to log on before but forgot my passkey.

My favorite foundation right now is Cle de Peau's Refining Fluid Foundation in 020.

It's light and so natural looking!

I also like Face Atelier Ultra Foundation.

I have schizophrenic skin and I have periods where I don't seem to need foundation at all and periods (usually under a little stress) that I need good coverage, yet the skin could look worse with less than optimum quality make up.

I find that usually creamy, thick and buttery feeling make up works really well for me. When I break out, my pores seem to elevate and get all gross too and the wrong make up consistency can make it appear worse. I always use a silicone primer because the lotion ones don't seem to work for me aside from being a nice lotion for the face. Take into mind that I have combination skin and I don't sweat much at all, so my results may be a little different from yours.

With that in mind, I really like:

~ Revlon Colorstay oil-free

~ Dior Icone Perfect creme-to-powder

~ Make up Forever Mat Velvet (this one is a little more liquidy and thin than the other two, but it stays absolutely matte. I'm not into the dewy/glowy)

~ CK Calvin Klein Infinite Fusion (really nice and silky on me, but some people don't like it)

~ Neutrogena Clear Skin Cream compact

A couple of ones that are pretty good, but not favorites:

~ Bare Essentials (this doesn't seem to cover much and it's just way too many little jars and pieces for just the face. Do I bring it? Do I leave it at home? ACK!)

~ MAC Studio fix (It is alright on me, but it isn't matte after a few hours and a couple of times I found myself with blackening pores...)

~ Chanel Double Perfection Compact (Good coverage and fairly matte, but it kind of smells and is not as velvety as the CK one)

~ Loreal Infallible liquid (It's too moist for me)

Make Up For Ever's Face & Body makeup has this unbelievable ethereal moist texture as it goes on. Their formulation is meant to be water-resistant and last all day. It makes my skin glow in an almost Barbie-like way and feels absolutely dreamy and nourishing. Really good, natural but full coverage. It covers up the broken capillaries under my nose and other rednesses/unevenness without any concealer. I have also heard crazy good things about MUFE's HD foundation.

What's a really good foundation to wear when your skin is looking crappy and breaking out?

I usually wear estee lauder doublewear and mufe face and body but I dont think I can at the moment.

Back