What is the best foundation you have tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love Prescriptives Flawless Foundation--am almost finished with the bottle. Will probably repurchase, because it is so lightweight and yet, gives a full coverage if you want that, and comes in a wide enough array of shades that there is even one pale enough for my paper white skin! Still, the past few weeks i've noticed it has seemed a little less hydrating than it originally was(probably a change in my skin)and makes my skin less "glowy", more just dull and pasty--the same look I use foundation to disguise, to begin with...So I really may not repurchase, even though I was sure,months ago,I'd found my HG of foundations...Well,I probably just need to add more moisturizer to it, for the winter, and not give up on it yet--

If I do buy something else it will probably be BB's Moisture Rich Foundation--had that once before and love the feel and coverage of this product, too. You can wear it sheer to full, depending on how much you need at any time.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

Almay foundations are great for my skin, matches and doesn't break out.

Also liked Neutrogena skin clearing.

Yet another Estee Lauder Double Wear FAN!!! I love this foundation. Perfect coverage, lasts forever, never broke me out! Did I say I like it?
icon_biggrin.gif

I would have to say I get the best coverage for pictures and such with dermablend, but it just feels sooo horrible on my skin and it really is near impossible to blend. It just smudges around. It ends up looking all blotchy after an hour because it gets moved around my face, it is like cake. But for pictures, it is mint.

I have used one of Mac's foundations once, and it burned my skin
frown.gif
... I was also a fan of Bare Essentials but the novelty wore off in about two weeks. I think it is made for people with skin that is already pretty clear. I don't have bad skin, but I do have a lot of red and the occasional break out.

I still haven't found a foundation that works well for me. I really want to give the prescriptives custom foundation a try! That sounds awesome.

The best i have tried was estee lauders maximum cover. I prefer full coverage as i am very fair skinned and want to cover any redness and the odd blemish. Maximumm cover was so light on my skin that it was easy to forget i was actually wearing foundation, yet it gave AMAZING coverage in a perfect shade for my skin.

Typically, estee lauder have now discontinued my shade and i have searched EVERYWHERE for another that gives the same results. I have had no joy, and i have even contacted estee lauder who have said that there is none of my shade to locate.

These are the following foundations i have tried in my quest for the HG:

La Prairie skin caviar foundation-Unatural colour for my skin and the coverage was medium at best. Did not last long before it went blotchy.

Clinique-nearly all the formulations, too orange/too sheer.

Laura Mercier oil-free-Too sheer and felt greasy on my skin.

MAC studio tech/finish(cant remember which one, but it is the cream compact)-Plain horrid greasy mess that looked orange.

Chanel double perfection-no shades light enough for my skin.

Lancome teint idole- Went blotchy within a few hours and unatural colour.

Benefit playsticks- Felt really greasy on my skin and did not last long. Hated it!

Dior-Too orange and did not like the formulas.

Estee lauder double wear-not a patch on my beloved maximum cover!

Prescriptives-no shades suitable for my skin and too sheer formulations that do not last.

I could probably go on and on! I have just bought elizabeth arden flawless finish and so i shall report back on the results of this latest trial!!!!!!!!

I really love Mary Kay medium coverage foundation. It is for normal to oily skin. It blends really well and it looks good all day. It really helped my skin look great when I went through a time of acne troubles. I usually blend mine with SPF 15 sunblock to protect my skin.

I have loved reading these posts, as I am a makeup artist and makeup lover who never has found the perfect foundation. From what I have read, there isn't one out there, as so many of you love so many different kinds. I have not found one I love in the medium coverage range yet, (still looking) but if anyone likes a sheer/natural foundation but has oily skin and therefore doesn't like a tinted moisturizer, I strongly recommend a foundation called Flirt! Act Natural. Now, here's the kicker! You can only buy it at Kohl's so, it is not at all expensive and is better than any department store brand I have ever used. And believe me, I have NO problem dropping cash on makeup, but this stuff is great, cheap or not! I just used it on a bride who hates wearing foundation and she absolutely loved it.

As for a medium coverage, or a lighter coverage that is buildable, I have yet to find one I like. The ones in the drugstores always seem to have too much pink in them (not enough warmth, like "real people" skin!).

Cass

I have used EL Double Wear also and I really, really liked it. But, I'm now using Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and I like it just as well. For a whole lot less money! I know in another thread the consensus is that foundation should be expensive to be good, but that is not necessarily the case....

hi I am new I have very oily skin as well.!!!!! I know ecactly what you are talking about exactly! I can only use one foundation I have tried everything I mean everything the only one that actually works and looks good too that i have fpound is maybelline pure stay foundation powder. first I put on concealer then this and it looks nice for most of the day with little touch ups and when need or near end of day I just use a tissue or something to wipe my face a lil and then reapply and it looks good again

hope this helps

bye

-luscious

Believe it or not, Maybelline 3-in-1 foundation stick in Mocha is the exact match (perfect!) of my skin tone. It says oil-free but don't believe the hype!! But MAC studio tech NW43 is the best coverage, although the shade seems a little ashy on me, so I put oil free pressed powder more my color over it.

If could afford it, I was use Diorskin all the time! I LOVE that stuff, I have oily skin too and I find it makes it look perfect and matte but still lets it breathe. I have some that I save for special days, but on a regular basis, I wear MACs select tint. I really like to use that for everyday.

so far, the best i've tried has been laura mercier's oil-free foundation. it gets a little bit cakey, but the trick is to use less than you normally would use. it lasts all day, even without setting it with powder.

Originally Posted by kuanyin I know in another thread the consensus is that foundation should be expensive to be good, but that is not necessarily the case.... I dont think that's true kuanyin. A few girls on here have HG foundations that do cost a lot but that's because they've tried lots and the expensive one was the one that suited them best. We have lots of users that use drugstore foundations and they suit them perfectly

Originally Posted by luscious hi I am new I have very oily skin as well.!!!!! I know ecactly what you are talking about exactly! I can only use one foundation I have tried everything I mean everything the only one that actually works and looks good too that i have fpound is maybelline pure stay foundation powder. first I put on concealer then this and it looks nice for most of the day with little touch ups and when need or near end of day I just use a tissue or something to wipe my face a lil and then reapply and it looks good again hope this helps

bye

-luscious

Welcome to MakeUpTalk luscious! I'm Laura from Ireland. I'm one of the mods on here so if you need help with anything, feel free to PM me or one of the other mods.
That's great that you've finally found a HG foundation!
claps.gif

I have combo skin and live in South Florida so my face is constantly shiny!! I have tried dozens of foundations and really like Prescriptives Flawless skin in vellum(it has a yellow base to it so it covers my red blotches). Love it!!

You should try Prescriptives! I have oily skin...and I've use Prescriptives now for over 5 years. It's the best. They can customize a shade for your skin tone (if one of the many shades they have do not work)...and they have formula's for all types of skin. Try it and let me know what you think.

i like the cover girl true match foundation and powder but i have normal skin too.

I have tried them all, and I am sooooo relived to hear from someone like Cass comes on and says that the perfect one does not exist. I am grateful for this forum and the chance for us all to get together and share our ideas.....As I, like everybody else, is stil looking for that perfect, flawless foundation.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Ones I like: Shu Emura wet/dry. I have it a light, almost pink shade and I like it a lot.

Herbs of Grace powder, non-chemical wet-dry foundation. The best foundation. but beware, it is not your typical chemical-laden foundation.

avaiable only online, you can p.m. me for further info or go to Herbs of Grace on the web. Trust me, I have never got such good color and coverage.

Ones that are O.K.: Horst Kirchberger from Germany. can be found in spas in germany and Austria. Supposedly used by models, Heidi Klum, e.g. for photo shoots. good coverage, just could not find a good color match for me, as I am a pinky undertone gal that hates
icon_frown.gif
too yellow foundations

Ones I will try: Biotherm Skin Mousse (IN Europe only)

The one Cass mentioned from Kohl's

It is all personal taste, isn't it?

So far Laura Mercier Oil-Free foundation for me.

I haven't tried many foundation brands yet.

Back