What is the worst fragrance you've ever smelled?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man throughtout the years I've went through alot of perfumes, I HATE

Curve- disgusting!!

Anais Anais-Gosh I wore this in the 8th grade, just horrible

VS Love Spell- smells like rotten citris fruit

Lilita Lumpika- it was waaaay too strong, always gav me migrains

Donna Karen Cashmere- Sells like a chemical plant

Aquolina Pink Sugar- eww burned caramel

Chanel #5- smells like powder and newborn baby diapers

I don't like fragrances with a very heavy smell like 'Angel' bleh and 'Alien' from Thierry Mugler! I really get a headache
yuck.gif

Anything with Pathouli... hate it
eek.gif

Originally Posted by liekomgz /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate the smell of anything "coco butter". Seriously, its so gross. haha Mmm.....cocoa butter

I think J.Lo Glow smells like that drugstore colonge Jean Nate or Baby Soft.

I don't know why, but Clinique Happy has always just smelled so disgusting to me. Also:

Chanel # 5 smells like an old smelly lady, why do people think it's so great?

Estee Lauder Beautiful smells very odd

Basically, anything that smells like old lady, I think I spent too much time with my grandmother as a child, now I can't stand anything that smells that way!
smile.gif

LADIES

Insolence by Guerlain

Poison by CD

#19 Chanel

Happy by Clinique

Anything by Arden - Red Door?!?!?

MEN

Joop for Men

Liz Claiborne Realities (old version). A co-worker used to bathe in this perfume. She worked right across from me and I could barely stand it. The strong smell used to make me so sick when I was pregnant.

I'd have to say anything by:

Clinque

Lancome

Estee Lauder (with the exception of White Linen)

Victoria's Secret

Specifically:

Lu Lu (no longer available, was sold in the late 80's - early 90's)

Poison

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh honey, I've smelled LOTS of them! Most I don't even know the names for! Quite honestly, two scents that stick out are for men. Michael Jordan's cologne, and all of those damned Axe scents... EW, EW, EW!!!!! I second that one Aquilah. When my dad visited he left his axe spray deodprant and my 5 yr old son thinks hes big so he wears it and I hate to break it to him but it SMELLS bad!

update:

i am probably the only one who likes clinique's happy.

but i gotta add vs's sexy little things is just attrocious.

I just smelled one from BB&W, Cotton Blossom, which to me, smelled like a really gross home air freshener. It was too generic for me to think otherwise!

I haate Paris Hilton's first perfume. Smelled so cheap and skanky to me! I also really don't like Love's Baby Soft, why would you want to smell like a baby? Bleeh.. I don't hate Chanel No.5 but I don't see what all the fuss is about. And patchouli... bleech!

I love Anais Anais, not for me but because my grandmother wore it every day and she died when I was little. I still have her old bottle and the smell of it reminds me of her.
smile.gif
For that reason alone I could never wear it (although really it isn't my style anyways). And I like Pink Sugar a lot!! Has to be used sparingly of course but I like the smell.
smile.gif

I have a very picky nose so lots of perfumes out there smell stanky to me (especially those strong oriental gourmand scents)...but the worst was probably thierry mulger's angel...i was so excited to try it out as i have heard and read the raves on it...i really wanted to like it and the bottle was just too pretty...then i finally got a whiff of it at a nearby dept store and nearly tripped over my own feet...i was soooo disappointed mostly because i really wanted to like it. it's probably a good thing i don't like though, because where i'm at, the women like to douse (sometimes over-douse) themselves in this scent and other heady gourmand or oriental scents like Lolita Lempicka...i'm glad i stuck to my CK Truth and Ralph Lauren's Romance...it all boils down to what works with your body chemisty in the end.

Originally Posted by Teresamachado /img/forum/go_quote.gif ObsessionOMG Shalimar

Amarige

Chloe

My mother had it a looooong time ago and I still hate it.

Envy

I can keep going with this list of terrible yucky smells

You think Envy is "yacky"???
kopfkratz.gif
For me, this scent works rather as some "antidepressant" --I smell in it my fav "lilly of the valley" surrounded by fresh green grass. Well...I quess it only proves once again that when it comes to perfumes, it`s all very individual
smile.gif

My "yacky" scents would be anything by BS and Thierry Mugler , Gucci Rush, and some more...

Back