What is the worst fragrance you've ever smelled?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Britney Spears Fantasy also gives me a major headache. It starts out really sweet smelling, and then goes sour to me. I thought it might be something I would like since I like the sweeter smells, but nope.

Lacoste...Touch of Pink, maybe, or a different one? It just smells like bugspray.

Ditto to those overpowering VS smells! The only one I like is Vanilla Lace, and you still have to be careful not to overspray or it gets way too strong.

Originally Posted by anne7 Yeah, AXE is a freaking body spray, not cologne. Tons of boys wear that at school and it is just gross.
I don't like

*Clinique Happy

*Estee Lauder Pleasures

*Guerlain Shalimar

*Britney Spears Curious

*Drakkar Noir

*The perfume my old English teacher uses! I don't know what it is, but it just stinks of florally incense and an old lady wearing a fur coat smoking cigars and playing cards. And old doilies.
biggrin.gif

You must have the same nose as me!

Originally Posted by Jennifer calvin klein's TRUTH is the WORST! my ex bought it for me and i was like, uh, thanks, smells like feet that hasn't been washed in 2 years.
rofl2.gif

OMG Drakkar Noir, I ran away from anyone wearing it! Not only was it too strong but most guys applied it heavily. Also, Channel #5, Ughh and last but not least Giorgio Red, gag me with a spoon. This stuff smells awful on most people and my dear mom
inlove.gif
made it her signature scent.

dolce gabanna light blue... it just smells like the stuff you take paint off... terpentine??

Victoria's Secret HALO. - I actually had to ask a client to stop wearing it when she came in to see me because it literally made me sick to my stomach. I have never had a reaction like that to a perfume, but something is in there that just makes me literally sick. I felt like an a$$ asking her to not wear it, but I really could NOT think straight if I was smelling it. I seriously almost threw up. I know, gross - but I cannot stomach the stuff.

--edited for typos...

every time i think of tresor by lancome i think of old lady. it sucks because they always give that one in their gwp!

Originally Posted by anne7 Lacoste...Touch of Pink, maybe, or a different one? It just smells like bugspray.
Omg, I sprayed that on me in a Sephora once, I thought it would smell good b/c it was pink, lol. I had to run to the bathroom to scrub it off, it was so horrible. I detest all Clinique fragrances also, the Happy, and the signature one, I forget the name, but it's bad.

LOL Amanda, I wanted to like it because of the name, but it was AWFUL. I didn't spray it on myself, thankfully, just on one of those tester strips and that was ENOUGH.

J.lo Glow is stinky too, very musky and old smelling to me.

glow by j-lo[stinks,stinks, stinks]

cool water for women[gives me a headache]

youth dew [stinks and give me a headache]

Two that immediately come to mind are Lancome Hypnose and Ghost Cherish (I think...the pink one), it smells like cat piss to me lol!

At first I wasn't wowed by Chanel No5, to me it just smelt like soap, but now I love it!

I have many perfume's smell I don't like.

CK, britney spears, Jlo, Chanel no.5, Lancomes, VC and many more.

Don't even get me started on perfume!

First of all, pretty much ALL scents, particularly ones with floral tones in them, make my eyes water, and if I am around them too long I want to sneeze really badly. Depending on the scent, I sometimes get other problems too, like this one time when I came into my math class and sat down and it smelled so strongly of this sickly sweet disgusting perfume, and it was so much that I couldn't think or breathe for that hour and I had a horrible headache. Luckily this only lasted for about a week, I guess whoever sat there before me used up the whole bottle in that time, LOL.

Ew, Axe smells like permanent marker! Also, I hate almost all perfumes, and most of them bother me (though I'm developing some sort of tolerance I think...) but sooo many people at my school wear perfume, there's this section of the hall that after school ALWAYS smells strongly of coconut, and I HATE the smell, taste, and texture of coconut, ughh! Plus most people who wear perfume at my school wear WAAAY too much, and they reapply it like, every hour, they stink up the girl's bathrooms and the hallways! Ugh!

THis is probably the reason for my aversion to perfume, as I hate most of them and I'm afraid of wearing too much of the ones I do like. (I tend to only like ones that smell like fruit...) I never want to cause for anyone the upset that some perfume wearers have caused me!

OK, sorry for the rant there, it's just something that's really bad in my school and I feel pretty strongly about it.

Back