What is the worst thing you have gotten in a sub box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh! I love Luna bars, but after googling around and finding so many accounts of people finding larvae in their Luna and CLIF bars(they're the same company) I won't be going anywhere near a Lunabar again in my lifetime. Especially since all they can do is send you another box of their products.

In my April Goodies Co. box I received a bag of garlic and herb Cassava chips. They were delicious, at first, but the aftertaste was absolutely horrid. I expected the aftertaste and bad breath considering they were garlic and herb flavored, but I brushed my teeth twice, chewed 2 pieces of gum and ate 2 different meals as well as at least 5 beverages and the taste was STILL in my mouth by the next day, to the point of me getting nauseous.T

to be honest, I hear nothing but bad things about Birchbox and Glossybox, so I have no intention of signing up, especially after hearing you guys' stories.

Originally Posted by HayleeAstley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh! I love Luna bars, but after googling around and finding so many accounts of people finding larvae in their Luna and CLIF bars(they're the same company) I won't be going anywhere near a Lunabar again in my lifetime. Especially since all they can do is send you another box of their products.

In my April Goodies Co. box I received a bag of garlic and herb Cassava chips. They were delicious, at first, but the aftertaste was absolutely horrid. I expected the aftertaste and bad breath considering they were garlic and herb flavored, but I brushed my teeth twice, chewed 2 pieces of gum and ate 2 different meals as well as at least 5 beverages and the taste was STILL in my mouth by the next day, to the point of me getting nauseous.T

to be honest, I hear nothing but bad things about Birchbox and Glossybox, so I have no intention of signing up, especially after hearing you guys' stories.
I am still traumatized by the Clif Bar peanut recall of a few years ago and can no longer eat their products.

I ended up getting quite ill w what I'm pretty sure was food poisoning or bad stomach issues and at first did not realize it was the recalled bars as the stores near me never took the bars off the shelf and I had some of the Clif kids bars and did not realize that had made me quite sick (I first thought it was something else I was allergic to, but then was just eating those bars for a few days when I was at the hospital, and finally then learned of the recall....).

-there was not that much news of it where I live anyways...

Anyways, hopefully I will not have too much more bad luck with food in the future.

I bought a chocolate chip cookie 2 weeks ago at what was my favorite natural bakery and ate it the next day, breaking off pieces as it was too much to bite. 

I get to the middle of the cookie and some piece would not break off and was kind of stuck. It then did break and there was a 2 inch thing that looked like it could have been string? hair? who knows what??

I did call the bakery and they told me to bring the cookie back.

They did appoligize and said they would look into this and it was obvious there was something that had fallen in the cookie batter (this "thing" was really baked into the cookie- not like a hair on top of your food where someone could plant that....).

I wish I had taken a photo, but was just too grossed out.

I can no longer buy any cookies of much stuff there.

Guess I will go back to making my own cookies.

--------------------------------

Also wanted to add , to get rid of bad garlic taste the only thing that has worked for me is the supersmile powder mouthwash and their toothpaste and whitening gel also.

But I will not eat anything that has garlic or strong spices without it as I always feel nauseated when garlic sticks around that long.

The powder mouthwash is kind of expensive, but I consider it a must have as I can now go back to eating more different foods even at home!

Originally Posted by gejag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the watch is kind of cute and fun. But I also hate all those watches with crystals on them.

Still if I did get this I would wear it prob to a dance class where I need to know the time and need to leave by a certain time (class always goes overtime w people filming videos and I need to catch the last bus....).

Or maybe wear this swimming where I do not want to ruin my expensive watch.

This ridiculous watch is GIGANTIC and was the big ticket item in the box.  You would have to have a serious identity crisis to wear this anywhere.

Originally Posted by LolaJay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those were AWFUL!!! I thought they looked cute enough, but I ended up throwing them in the trash. They did not work AT ALL!
I know! I thought they were okay, but they were soooo tinny sounding, like the music was coming out of a tin can. It was awful. I think I ended up donating mine to the thrift store because  they just sounded so bad.

Those were AWFUL!!! I thought they looked cute enough, but I ended up throwing them in the trash. They did not work AT ALL!
I know! I thought they were okay, but they were soooo tinny sounding, like the music was coming out of a tin can. It was awful. I think I ended up donating mine to the thrift store because  they just sounded so bad.
I never tried the earbuds from Birchbox. I traded them and I worry they weren't the best quality. The best thing about them was the neon pink and green color. I love my earbuds from Best Buy, still pretty cheap, but they have great sound, and I wouldn't switch. I know Birchbox probably thought the cute earbuds were a good idea, but quality is important.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LolaJay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never tried the earbuds from Birchbox. I traded them and I worry they weren't the best quality. The best thing about them was the neon pink and green color. I love my earbuds from Best Buy, still pretty cheap, but they have great sound, and I wouldn't switch. I know Birchbox probably thought the cute earbuds were a good idea, but quality is important.

They really were awful! While I am picky about my "good" headphones, all I ask of my travel/walking to work earbuds is that they let me hear my music without being muffled or tinny. The Birchbox ones sound like you're listening to music through the telephone or something. I did keep them around as a spare in case my others die and I'm desperate, but yeah...cute, but they sound terrible.

I also dislike receiving self tanning stuff. Ipsy just sent me some St. Tropez instant color stuff...it is currently in the goodwill donation pile. They also sent a lipliner in some deep red color. 1- if I am pale enough to send self tanner to, #2 why would I wear a deep berry red lip liner???...and #3 I haven't used a lip liner in about 15 years. Needless to say, my May Ipsy bag was a total FAIL and I have since canceled my subscription. I'd rather take that $10 and buy a nailpolish or something. OH, and speaking of nail color, the Zoya color I got in the May Ipsy bag was like white out. (I received a nail color in the April bag too that looks like pepto bismol) :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another product I did not like receiving was these wipes. I received them from the Good and Lovely box a couple of different times.  I'm sure they are a perfectly fine product, but the packaging embarrassed me, between the name 'SweetSpot', the drawing of a women's body with a heart-shaped ... , and the fact that the wipes came in fragrances like basil grapefruit, geranium lavender, and citrus galbanum.  What's galbanum?  I looked it up, and it is an aromatic gum resin which can be used to give a perfume a 'green' note.  I am shy about these kinds of thing, so I wouldn't want someone to see these in my purse.

7cb6caf5b1afc140_wipes.xlarge.jpg
Could you use these as hand wipes (almost like wet naps?) I always like to have wet wipes in my purse to clean my hands when eating at fairs in the summer (or anywhere else a sink or napkins aren't readily available).

Originally Posted by celicacutie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could you use these as hand wipes (almost like wet naps?) I always like to have wet wipes in my purse to clean my hands when eating at fairs in the summer (or anywhere else a sink or napkins aren't readily available).
You could prob use those after a sweaty bikeride or to freshen up after the gym?

or maybe to remove your makeup or sunscreen or clean your feet after being outdoors.

I hate wasting stuff....

Back