What is the worst thing you have gotten in a sub box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm really really glad I never ate those Luna Bars. Gross! Although that can happen with pretty much any pre-packaged food..it's just the nature of the factories. The worst thing I ever saw was when I was in the 4th grade. Whiting out for weak stomached people!! Don't read if you hate worms!

My mom and I went to the grocery store, and they had a display of SunMaid Raisins. Except that somehow the boxes were literally crawling with worms under the plastic. Like tons and tons of worms, just moving all around the boxes underneath the factory seal. It totally grossed me out and I could not eat those kind of raisins for years.
end of gross story!!

----------------------------------

The worst things I've ever gotten were these nasty chocolate bars in my PopSugar: http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/amalfi_exotic_candy_bar/all_candy_bars

I LOVE white chocolate, so I was so stoked on trying these. Instead they tasted sooo nasty. I cannot even describe how gross they tasted. I made myself eat half of it to give it a fair try...and ended up feeling sick the rest of the day and beltching up lemon zest peppercorns for HOURS afterwards. It was so so disgusting! I threw the rest of that flavor away because they were so freaking awful. Hands down the worst candy bar I have ever eaten.

Those expired BeFine packets in the birchbox were bad...never got replacements, just points. Which really sucked because I actually really was looking forward to trying them out!

The Gossip Girl note card.

The worst thing I ever got was the Eyebrow Conditioner in this month's sample society. My eyebrows are healthy and bushy and I just think that this is more of a pointless product for me then something that is bad.

I've only had subscription boxes for a few months but so far the worst is probably the lash cards, seems pointless, and dry shampoo, have curly hair and wouldn't be able to blend in the powder.  I also hated the lash fusion mascara from birchbox and the julep mascara, both were horribly dry and didn't even show up on my lashes.  Threw both away after one use.

The one item I was livid about were from Birchbox - the Eye Rock eyeliners. Hated those things but after meeting with some of the ladies from Eye Rock and being shown how to apply the liners I ended up kind of liking the tattoo liners. It was the same with Violent Lips - wasn't crazy at first until being shown how to apply. Are these items for every day use? Of course not but for a fun look or a specific look absolutely.

So far I don't think I have gotten anything I hate. I am not always happy with a 100% of the stuff I get but I can always give it away, so it doesn't bother me much.

Did anyone else get incredibly irritated at the teeny tiny Perfekt lip perfection lip gel sample?  It was in BB several months back and had a blister that a single aspirin could fit in that was filled with lip gloss.  I ended up punching a hole in the back by accident trying to open it.  I had also already received it as a free sample from Sephora and then got it handed to me in Ulta when I didn't even make a purchase.  I hate foil packets and things that show up in my mailbox being in my boxes because I feel cheated.  I had one month where I got packets of Fekkai products that I had received the day before at Sam's club.  The girl gave me several and I only got one in my sub box.  This month in my Cravebox there was a Biore packet that said "your free samples have arrived!"  The rest of the stuff in the box is awesome but I always think  ...really?  Why did I just paid good money for this thing they obviously would've given me for free?!

I guess I'm weird since I don't get annoyed at foils. The makeup counters in the department stores around me won't give out free samples and the same with the Ulta and Sephora by me. They just won't give you samples even if you ask and even if you spend $100 in the store. The only way I ever get free samples is if I order something from a beauty website.

I have to tell you guys. The oscas blandi conditioner I received from one of my subs last month smells like dog shampoo or dawn dishwashing liquid. And it doesn't do away!!! Used it on my hair this morning and every time I turn my head I get a whiff of it. Ugh.

I have to tell you guys. The oscas blandi conditioner I received from one of my subs last month smells like dog shampoo or dawn dishwashing liquid. And it doesn't do away!!! Used it on my hair this morning and every time I turn my head I get a whiff of it. Ugh.
yep! I got this in a ss box a while ago, smelled so bad I had to toss it because I wasn't too keen on smelling like a wet dog.

Gold glitter Violent Lips tattoos.   That was the last time I ever used "adventurous" and "trendy" in my BB profile.  

I take back whatever I have said before the yellow squarehue polish I got this month was horrible! Just yuck.

This ridiculous watch is GIGANTIC and was the big ticket item in the box.  You would have to have a serious identity crisis to wear this anywhere.

Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks. It is just something we do as teachers.  I can't even guess on how much I spend out of pocket for my class.  Any donations would be appreciated of unwanted samples, the kids will use anything.  I can give my address at my school if you want to send them there.  I can also provide a donation letter to be used on your taxes for deductions.

I would like to send you some!! I have so many samples that I won't use. Can you message it to me? I also work in a school and think that's such a creative idea!!!

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm only subscribed to birchbox & have been for about a year now. The absolute worst thing was an extra, not beauty related: those horrid muffled earbuds. I didn't expect high quality or anything amazing but I didn't expect it to sound so awful.
Those were AWFUL!!! I thought they looked cute enough, but I ended up throwing them in the trash. They did not work AT ALL!

I've been lucky to avoid some of the real doozies i've heard about (i.e. toothpaste, laundry detergent, and 'hair ties' that are basically a piece of elastic), but the wash with joe coffee mint shower gel i got with april's glossybox legit made me gag. it smells SO AWFUL. like old, wet, used coffee grounds. i couldnt even pawn it off on my boyfriend, it smelled so awful.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another product I did not like receiving was these wipes. I received them from the Good and Lovely box a couple of different times.  I'm sure they are a perfectly fine product, but the packaging embarrassed me, between the name 'SweetSpot', the drawing of a women's body with a heart-shaped ... , and the fact that the wipes came in fragrances like basil grapefruit, geranium lavender, and citrus galbanum.  What's galbanum?  I looked it up, and it is an aromatic gum resin which can be used to give a perfume a 'green' note.  I am shy about these kinds of thing, so I wouldn't want someone to see these in my purse.

7cb6caf5b1afc140_wipes.xlarge.jpg
oh god, are those meant for your ladybits? 'basil grapefruit' anything in that region sounds like a recipe for a god awful infection. ick.

Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh god, are those meant for your ladybits? 'basil grapefruit' anything in that region sounds like a recipe for a god awful infection. ick.
LMBO! I was thinking the same thing!

Back