What is the worst thing you have gotten in a sub box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure my worst would be some kind of foil packet, but I'd have to look through the collection buckets to see which lol.

I am sure that a few things from PS qualify. They are not exactly worst I guess...just that my theory is that every month they feel they must include at least one "WTH" item. Sometimes several of them lol

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And self tanners. If a sub sends them out, I am guaranteed to get them and they are completely useless to me...rather get a perfume sample or a larabar, honestly...and I hate larabars.
I agree about the self-tanners.  I'll never use them, but at least there is a demographic for them.  Who would ever wear the Eye Rock eyeliner stickers?  I do not understand why that product was invented. 

I don't like the perfume samples either.  I save all the little things I won't use (perfume samples, stuff that isn't my color etc). Then on holidays (Christmas, Mother's Day etc) I help some of my students make goodie bags for their moms.  I work at a very low income school and my kids don't have the chance to buy gifts.  So we make cards and add little gifts.   The look on their faces are priceless when they take them home.  I've also had many moms tell me how much it meant to them.

I don't like the perfume samples either.  I save all the little things I won't use (perfume samples, stuff that isn't my color etc). Then on holidays (Christmas, Mother's Day etc) I help some of my students make goodie bags for their moms.  I work at a very low income school and my kids don't have the chance to buy gifts.  So we make cards and add little gifts.   The look on their faces are priceless when they take them home.  I've also had many moms tell me how much it meant to them.
That is so awesome. I'm sure a bunch of us would be willing to pitch in and help around the holidays with our extra samples. Really impressed that you do that.

Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is an amazing thing you do! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another product I did not like receiving was these wipes. I received them from the Good and Lovely box a couple of different times.  I'm sure they are a perfectly fine product, but the packaging embarrassed me, between the name 'SweetSpot', the drawing of a women's body with a heart-shaped ... , and the fact that the wipes came in fragrances like basil grapefruit, geranium lavender, and citrus galbanum.  What's galbanum?  I looked it up, and it is an aromatic gum resin which can be used to give a perfume a 'green' note.  I am shy about these kinds of thing, so I wouldn't want someone to see these in my purse.

7cb6caf5b1afc140_wipes.xlarge.jpg
As a prissy person, I have much appreciation for vag-wipes for those times when I'm forced to do despicable actions such as 'camp-out', 'pee on the side of the road', 'change tampon in public bathroom', or 'party until breakfast'.  I'm not bashful though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Those fragrances actually sound like something I'd like a lot more than the usual 'powder' stench.

I actually like a lot of the products mentioned.  My worst sample was a Stila eyeshadow sample card, not because I dislike the product, but because I don't think the sample is worth the paper it's on.  The texture isn't the same as their actual shadows, so it represents nothing but the colors, which you don't get a great representation of because it's basically unusable.  I don't get why they bother with those cards, if that was my only exposure to the brand I'd have a really negative opinion of the quality.

Lash cards, the joke is I messed up my mascara the day i got them and was unimpressed. Karma bit back. lol

My December Canadian glossybox had two items (lipgloss and nail polish) that were both Limited edition colours from 2005! The lipgloss was rotten and expired! I understand I may not like some items, and that's why I get the boxes - I want to try new items before I order them online since I live in a small city. But EXPIRED items from 7 years ago!? GROSS.

Those Eyerock liners from Birchbox and Serge Normant Dry shampoo.  Gosh...that SN stuff was the nastiest product ever!  Made my hair soooooo sticky.

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is so awesome. I'm sure a bunch of us would be willing to pitch in and help around the holidays with our extra samples. Really impressed that you do that.
Thanks. It is just something we do as teachers.  I can't even guess on how much I spend out of pocket for my class.  Any donations would be appreciated of unwanted samples, the kids will use anything.  I can give my address at my school if you want to send them there.  I can also provide a donation letter to be used on your taxes for deductions.

Absolutely HATE the Lisi lipgloss I got in my Glossybox this month...it's super sticky, feels like I coated my lips in glue or something, and it has zero color despite looking pink. Just not a fan.

Honestly, I got Starlooks for one month, and then cancelled just to try out other subs. The month I got it, there was that weird mascara applicator claw-looking thing. That was horrible. I have it in my "tool" section, but I have yet to use it, I would much rather use my Lash Cards from Birchbox + Ipsy.

That was probably the worst, but I'm sure there are a couple of other products that are there and that I didn't like, but that was the one that stood out in my mind:)

I hated the Fresh Mattifyer from January's Glossybox. It totally broke me out, so I ended up just giving it to my mom who loves it.

For me it was the big sexy hair spray...not sure if it was glossybox or ipsy.  I have no idea how people use that.  It smells horrifying.  Like straight alcohol.  I don't care if it's the best hairspray in the world...how can anyone stand the smell?

For me it was the Missha Snail Mask in the Feb Glossybox.  I don't care how amazing it would make my face feel, I am NOT putting SNAILS on my FACE.  I was so thankful that there are wonderful people who are much more adventurous than me, and I was able to find someone to trade with right away! 

Back