What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to other people's hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/paperlanterns_/sanjaya.jpg

LOL!!!

I have plenty!

1. Flat-ironed hair with hella split ends and breakage on top of the head! Girls in my school do this, and it's because they straighten their hair with no product or anything EVERY DAY! Is it NOT obvious that you should take a break?!

2. Oily, 1-length hair. When it's all stringy I honestly feel sick.

3. Bad bad bad dye jobs (unnatural fire-engine red, maroon, purple, white blond) that are FRIZZY!

4. 2-tone hair... Top half is blonde, underneath is dark brown. Think Brandi from A Shot at Love.

Sorry if that was mean LOL! I just wonder if some people realize it doesn't look good!

I don't understand how some people can live with hair in their face. A lot of the Emo and "Scene" hair cuts are like that and I just think its really bad idea for teenagers to have hair plastered onto their face. All that hair and product against their faces just aggravates their skin and gives them more acne, but they feel the need to have the hair there to cover it up. Its a vicious cycle
frown.gif

Frizzy hair drives me crazy....because there's no need for it! There are too many products out there that can tame that! There's a girl at work who's notorious for it. Everytime I see her I want to pin her down and put a flat iron to her head.

Thanks God mullets are not mostly seem around here, but, people use to dye their hair blond no matter if it suits them or not. It's awful.

Dang, some of you people are harsh! lol.

I naturally have blonde hair and very dark eyebrows. People tell me to lighten my eyebrows, but I like myself exactly the way I am, thanks! It's the way God made me!

And, as far as blonde hair with black or dark brown underneath...I don't have that done personally, but I don't mind it. Obviously, it's intentional. And obviously, it's not meant to be natural. I don't think it looks bad.

I'm not down with mullets, though. lol.

I see a lot of Asian guys who have this hair cut...not sure what it's called, it's almost a mohawk but not; the middle is long-ish and gelled back while the sides of the head are either shaved or cut very close to the scalp. I think it looks so ugly...

Also bad and unnaturally colored self-hair dye jobs that are different shades in different places of the hair, and in the bad way. It's like tye-dyed hair. I think they musta used Kool Aid to do it or something, I dunno why it's so bad...cuz I did like firetruck red before and it was really awesome..

Anything that looks ridicuously stupid, but ABSOLUTELY when someone tries to salvage dead hair. Tip: If you have broken, split ends, please just cut the hair!

i hate when people curl their hair and then spray it with so much hair spray it looks hard
frown.gif
and i hate when people get those horrible cheap hair extentions so you can see their natural hair then it just STOPS and theres a big bunch of longer, obviously fake, hair just hanging out of the bottom! they'd look better if they just ditched the extentions!!

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif No way! Babies with mohawks are the cutest!
You know, I've never seen a mullet in person...only in movies.

honey, you need to come to kentucky!!!!! hahahahaha!
rotfl.gif

I hate it when people have NO HAIR and then try to put it in a pony tail and have like three stands that have split ends sticking straight up in the sky.

Just take care of your three strands of dry hair and stop trying to style it.

And stop trying to wear your hair blonde or bright red when you know good and well that it is wrong and doesn't look right

An old or poor track weave, done with glue and lifting at the roots so that you see the natural textured hair underneath.

Crazy hair colours that are not perfectly kept. They HAVE to be done well or not at all.

Yes, people with lovely curls who straighten the living daylights out of them!

Grease is the word.

I hate that harsh line where some haircuts end. I hhhaaate it.

Fried hair that is desperately in need of a cut...regardless of color, texture, or cleanliness. if it's long and the ends are all split..cut it off!

There is a guy in my town who rocks the mullet hard. He takes care of it. He loves it. He styles it. He highlights it. He's had it for YEARS. What's even worse - His Wife has a matching mullet! But I must say... they are the nicest mullets I have ever seen!

Originally Posted by Xexuxa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't understand how some people can live with hair in their face. A lot of the Emo and "Scene" hair cuts are like that and I just think its really bad idea for teenagers to have hair plastered onto their face. All that hair and product against their faces just aggravates their skin and gives them more acne, but they feel the need to have the hair there to cover it up. Its a vicious cycle
frown.gif
Agreed. I don't have anything against it per say (except when I am talking to someone and I can't make eye contact through all that hair!)... but it would DRIVE ME NUTS to have the hair on my face.

- Girls that straighten their hair but still have kinks in it

- Girls that have straight hair but try to put as much mouse and gel their hair takes to "scrunch it" and it ends up looking like the hair is running away from their head

- Fried hair that STILL gets straightened.. you may think you're hiding your damaged hair but you're just damaging your roots as well

- and of course the usual that's been stated, mullets, greasy hair, smelly hair etc..

mullets are definitely my number 1 peeve and they're everywhere around here where I live....

hairstylists they have horrible hair and then tell me that I need to cut my hair short...it's like, I have naturally wavy hair so my hair never looks super shiny like it would on someone that has naturally straight hair...if you don't believe me you should read Paula Begoun's book "don't go shopping for hair-care products without me"

note: when I straighten my hair (which is rare for me) it looks really shiny
redface.gif
)

Back