What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to other people's hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont like people with unhealthy hair. ends are just burned up and they so many styling products in there hair.

or dyed hair thats all gone and dry.

-Greasy stringy hair

-"See-through" ends

- Ponytails pulled so tight that the hairline recedes.

i hate when people have super strait one length hair that has no volume whatsoever. Ehh like hippie hair basically. Some people can pull it off and look good, but you need a certain face and others its like RAH get layers

I personally hate bleached blonde hair with 2 inches of dark roots makes me sick!! Also dark hair with just random blonde highlights put everywhere looks tacky!!

Greasy hair also

Prefacing this with: As a hairstylist, I am annoyed with people that come in and want me to continue a previous cut or color on obviously fried hair. Stop processing your hair if it is so far gone. I lose clients when I tell them there isn't anything good I can do to your hair but to cut it short.

The badly bleached hair. There is a right way to go lighter but all too often I see the yellow blondes and the fried platinums. A lot of gals don't realize the extra work it takes to keep bleached/colored hair healthy so those are usually the kind I end up seeing that look fried and split.

reading the responses and man..you people are like vicious!! Lol
biggrin.gif

I've been guilty of the overly bleached blonde hair! When my hair grew out..and you could see a few inches of dark roots , i don't think there is anything awful about that...actually looked better than when went all blonde.

but yea..my biggest pet peeve? hrm...when women completely shave their heads..such as britney spears or sinead o'connor. It's not hot, and how do you know if they are just crazy to shave their head or they are losing their hair due to chemo? Nothing more embarrassing than saying to a chemo patient, love the britney look, babe!

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif When you look at someone's hair, what is the thing in someone's hairstyle that is absolutely horrible!!!I personally hate the mullet. I see women with mullets all the time and wonder why?

Haha! That is BAD!
I hate it when I see women styling/puffing their hair up to the point it looks like a freakin' Q-Tip gone wild on their head, and they THINK this actually looks good??
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by clwkerric /img/forum/go_quote.gif Besides the mullet... My worst pet peeve is when women have their hair so long... past their ass! Don't they realize how unhealthy it is!?!?!?!? I have NEVER seen healthy hair that is that long. These girls think their hair is so wonderful because it is so long and it is always frizzy and dead!! UGHGHGHHGHGHHHHH HORRIBLE!! I get mad just thinking about it! lol

Hate to say it but it's likely my hair is healthier than most people you'll meet and my hair is nearing the area where the thighs and butt meet. It's completely virgin and I treat it like gold. I can see where you'd get this impression as it's rare you ever see long hair that looks good but believe me, it's out there. People with long hair hoping for health tend to take much better care of it than most.
That being said, I simply don't like over processed hair that seems to follow the same mold as everyone else (soccer mom). My main pet peeve is EMO hair though. I can't stand that entire style.

one of the ladies i work with has a mullet. and another lady i used to work with had brown hair with a hugeee grey stripe where her natural hair color was growing in. it was awful!

I hate when a girl has platinum blonde on top and jet black or super dark brown on the bottom. It's called PROGRESSION! Go light blonde to medium blonde to brown. Or black hair with platinum streaks. The best hair color is something that looks natural, or has complimenting colors!

i hate bleach blonde, and general blonde hair on people who don't take care of it or when it does not match their skin tone at all.

I just hate when you can tell someone hasnt showered and their hair is so greasy its seperating. It freaks me out.

I also hate when girls come to school with wet hair and let it dry. It looks ****ing terrible.

i've got quite a list

- clip in extensions that aren't your hair color, AND you can see the clips on the head because they're placed too high up

- stick straight flat ironed hair with bangs so straight they go OUT instead of DOWN

- also flat ironed hair that isn't ironed on the bottom so when they seperate it in the back you can see the curls underneath

- people with beautiful curly hair who straighten it EVERY DAY!

- wet hair with gobs of hairspray in it

- someone gets a cute hairstyle, styles it the first day they wear it, then it's just limp until they get a new one

- streakey bleached highlights

that's pretty much it hahaha.

Back