What makeup rules do you break??? You Rebel!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you guys on the lip liner fear! I just purchased the Urban Decay lip liner in ozone since it's supposed to be clear and non-threatening.

I was the same as well about all the things you're now talking about!

Mascara on the bottom lashes: I've always worn mascara on my bottom lashes! I rarely skip this, cos it really opens up my eyes a lot more! I am careful with it though, cos some mascaras are too creamy and since the bottom lashes are very close to the skin it's sooo easy to make stains!

In fact I always use whatever mascara I want on my upper lashes and the driest mascara I own on my bottom ones.

Lipliner: what the heck was lipliner? LOL I was sooo not interested in lipliners, I thought I was never going to use one! But since I suddenly start to wear lipsticks more often, especially matte ones, I was after those nice crispy and tidy lines... So let's buy a lipliner I thought, maybe it might be helpful... Now I really can't stay without them! Lipsticks last so much more with a lipliner on the base and I never experienced smudging with it!

I actually now feel quite uncomfortable if I wear a lipstick without lipliner.

Lash curles: that's another product I always thought I was never going to use. I once used my sister's one and was about to tear all my lashes off!

But then again, I just suddenly said to myself "Why not try? It might make a difference to my awful flat lashes.."

I quite like it now! It makes a pretty curl to my lashes, quite useful when I am doing those dark eye makeups where my lashes are barely visible!

"Pair a red/bold lip with a nude eye and understated face" Haha no. That's just no fun. I want people to be MESMERIZED by my face. Not just wow that's a red lip. I'm very short so I like to draw attention upward.

"Blue eyeshadow is out" I'll look like Nimoy in the original Star Trek if I damn well please.

I always use coloured liner- I have an orange and a blue! I use the orange on top and blue in the corner.

Also, I always apply liner before eyeshadow. I thought everyone did, but apparently it's odd.

And I do neither foundation or shadow first- my order is usually brows, highlight, concealer, blush, liner, eyeshadow, mascara, lipliner, lipstick, powder.

I find that wiping the mascara wand with a tissue beforehand is a great way to prevent it from transferring and clumping. Thanks for the lip liner advice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I'll try that.

Quote:Originally Posted by jaylilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think it's because it "transfers" -- though i have started putting just a tiiiiny bit on my lower lashes so i dont look like i have a bald lower lashline lol plus it somehow keeps my mascara from my top lashes from transferring down and giving me raccoon eyes... 

lip liners are great! they also help your lipstick from "feathering" which is not a flattering look at all. if they're too scary for you, try just getting one that is the exact or similar color of your lips... then you can line your lips to keep lipstick in place, without being scared of it looking weird. 

lash curlers are the creepiest thing ever lol i'm with you on that. i avoid them at all costs. the idea of ripping out eyelashes is not exciting to me. 

I have no fear of anything! Maybe that's my problem :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been doing stage makeup for plays and concerts and dance recitals forever so I've used everything, or had it used on me lol.and I'll try anything and everything on my face. The biggest rule I break is where to put stuff, lol. Some people are going to freak out, but I kinda just slap it on my face wherever. Nothing bad has happened yet, and I am very hygienic with my makeup so I don't believe anything will. But yeah, I used eyeshadow as blush/bronzer and vice versa. Cream blush works on lips and lippies work on cheeks. Lip liner and eyeliner are the same thing in my books. CALL me crazy, but I will need to most obscure makeup for a show, and I ain't going to buy whatever for all of one show. My hobbies cost enough without trying to spend more :rolleyes:

Quote: Originally Posted by DivaSaurusRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have no fear of anything! Maybe that's my problem
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I've been doing stage makeup for plays and concerts and dance recitals forever so I've used everything, or had it used on me lol.and I'll try anything and everything on my face.
The biggest rule I break is where to put stuff, lol. Some people are going to freak out, but I kinda just slap it on my face wherever. Nothing bad has happened yet, and I am very hygienic with my makeup so I don't believe anything will. But yeah, I used eyeshadow as blush/bronzer and vice versa. Cream blush works on lips and lippies work on cheeks. Lip liner and eyeliner are the same thing in my books. CALL me crazy, but I will need to most obscure makeup for a show, and I ain't going to buy whatever for all of one show. My hobbies cost enough without trying to spend more
rolleyes.gif

I do the exact same thing! lol. I know some eyeliners are apparently not good for lips (And luckily I have found a clear one, so that now gets used most often, but y'know, liners are fun for depth and stuff) but...eh, I'm still alive and kickin'.

Buttt....I still have a massive hoard of makeup. So...I don't have that excuse to not use things where they are "supposed" to be, lol.

I frequently match my makeup colors to my clothing. I know matchy-matchy is supposed to be a major no-no, but If done correctly, I think it looks pretty.

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I frequently match my makeup colors to my clothing. I know matchy-matchy is supposed to be a major no-no, but If done correctly, I think it looks pretty.
I do this too! And for the past year I've been dying my bangs different fun colours (blue, purple, pink) and matching my makeup to them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a no-no? Ha, I've been doing this. If I wear a green eyeshadow, I might wear a green shirt or something that compliments the green eyeshadow.

I do what I want. I'm all about the line your whole eye and smudge it forever. I also wear whatever color eyeshadow I want.. but I'm pretty boring. I like browns, golds, taupes and purples.

Quote: Originally Posted by Esthylove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I do what I want. I'm all about the line your whole eye and smudge it forever. I also wear whatever color eyeshadow I want.. but I'm pretty boring. I like browns, golds, taupes and purples.
laughno.gif
I read you first sentence and all I could hear was "I do what I want" in Carmans voice from South Park.

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is a no-no? Ha, I've been doing this. If I wear a green eyeshadow, I might wear a green shirt or something that compliments the green eyeshadow.
I'm totally for matching a bright lip to a shirt, pants, or even nails. Kind of like this image:

CREDIT ( via )

Just today at after-lunch-touches, I got razzed by an actor about using hand sanitizer before doing his touch-ups. The wardrobe department chimed in by saying that I don't like getting Actor on me... Apparently, I am breaking a rule by sanitizing my hands... 😑

I use hot pink lipstick to fill in my eyebrows....

......just kidding,
roflmao.gif

I just couldn't think of anything that hasn't already been posted!! 

I never knew you were supposed to wear certain makeup to work? I mean I work all the time and hardly do anything else so when else would I wear ALL my makeup? Granted I'm usually too tired/lazy to apply much in this mornings so I'm lucky to be wearing tinted lotion and mascara, but yeah when I actually have time I wear any and all my makeup to work. 

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just today at after-lunch-touches, I got razzed by an actor about using hand sanitizer before doing his touch-ups. The wardrobe department chimed in by saying that I don't like getting Actor on me...

Apparently, I am breaking a rule by sanitizing my hands... 😑
That's one I never break....gotta have clean hands!

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just today at after-lunch-touches, I got razzed by an actor about using hand sanitizer before doing his touch-ups. The wardrobe department chimed in by saying that I don't like getting Actor on me...

Apparently, I am breaking a rule by sanitizing my hands... 😑
Jeeeeeezzzz..... All of my "wut". Seriously.

Maybe I'm super sensitive to clean hands 'cause I'm a CNA and I HAVE to think like people *could* have every disease known to man lol, but it's just common sense. I can't preach clean hands enough, for anything, EVER.

Back