What makeup rules do you break??? You Rebel!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Based by his shock, apparently, other MUA's who've worked on him don't use it.
That's. Just. Gross.

I mean, I'm assuming...I never (Well, haven't yet... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  ) went to cosmo school or anything, but....I'm pretty sure that cleanliness is taught lol.

"Women over 40 should stay away from shimmer highlighter." Horsepucky! I keep an ELF all over color stick or Flower highlighter in my bag for days I don't feel like putting on a full face, or when I have next to no time in the morning to get ready and get out. A little highlighter blended with my mousturizer makes me look rested, not like I'm trying too hard to be a teenager again!

That's. Just. Gross. I mean, I'm assuming...I never (Well, haven't yet... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  ) went to cosmo school or anything, but....I'm pretty sure that cleanliness is taught lol.
True it is. But I find, once newbie MUA's get into the real world, they get lazy and take shortcuts to speed up their processing time. Most, including several if my assistants, don't even drape their actor! I keep reminding them, but they huff and puff like it's an extra step that they see as not important. But I do lay down the law on that and sanitizing. At least they're all excellent at decanting / transferring product. And of course they playfully razz me on being a stickler for rules. Because everyone knows... Rules are made to be broken. On a related tangent, I do encourage my assistants to switch up their processing routine, so they are forced to bend traditional (text book) application rules.

True it is. But I find, once newbie MUA's get into the real world, they get lazy and take shortcuts to speed up their processing time. Most, including several if my assistants, don't even drape their actor! I keep reminding them, but they huff and puff like it's an extra step that they see as not important. But I do lay down the law on that and sanitizing. At least they're all excellent at decanting / transferring product.

And of course they playfully razz me on being a stickler for rules. Because everyone knows... Rules are made to be broken.

On a related tangent, I do encourage my assistants to switch up their processing routine, so they are forced to bend traditional (text book) application rules.
I suppose I can relate. I'm still new to the medical world, but I'm super strict about rules and what-not (I mean, there are health/legal repercussions for us if we don't follow certain rules!) but I see newbs forget things all the time. I also see the bad habit/shortcuts that form from experienced staff... still makes me uneasy. I don't think I could ever break our rules...too much at stake!

Switching up the routine seems like a good idea for sure. Makes sense to me, at least =p

I suppose I can relate. I'm still new to the medical world, but I'm super strict about rules and what-not (I mean, there are health/legal repercussions for us if we don't follow certain rules!) but I see newbs forget things all the time. I also see the bad habit/shortcuts that form from experienced staff... still makes me uneasy. I don't think I could ever break our rules...too much at stake! Switching up the routine seems like a good idea for sure. Makes sense to me, at least =p
I never thought about old- timers doing it, I've worked in industrial factories, where "safety is number 1", where veterans follow rules, but industrial accidents and fatalities happen to newbies. But that is due to more of a lack of communication. But I can see in the medical field, where public safety, as well as worker safety is important. Right now in a few cities across Canada, we have a measles outbreak happening in hospitals. Did someone not follow a rule??? But there is an incubation period as well, so who knows...

I never thought about old- timers doing it, I've worked in industrial factories, where "safety is number 1", where veterans follow rules, but industrial accidents and fatalities happen to newbies. But that is due to more of a lack of communication.

But I can see in the medical field, where public safety, as well as worker safety is important. Right now in a few cities across Canada, we have a measles outbreak happening in hospitals. Did someone not follow a rule??? But there is an incubation period as well, so who knows...
That question might get me on an off-topic anti-vaccination movement rant, which, in short, is so completely stupid and is the reason we are seeing diseases which were once uncommon/non existent anymore rearing their ugly heads.

But yeah, who knows- even when you follow all the rules, mistakes happen and germs make their way into you. It blows. Hopefully those outbreaks get contained and controlled!

Some rules are made to be broken, but nasty unsanitary ones aren't!  
sick.gif

I never thought about old- timers doing it, I've worked in industrial factories, where "safety is number 1", where veterans follow rules, but industrial accidents and fatalities happen to newbies. But that is due to more of a lack of communication.
From my years of experience, it is the novices who don't know what they're doing and the veterans that do know what they're doing that get into trouble. My mom worked as a secretary in a dangerous field and she is a firm believer of it. The newbies don't know what they're doing, and get into accidents, but the old guys end up getting so used to doing something they start to slip and slack off and then they end up getting hurt, or killed.

if you really didn't want actor on you, wouldn't you sanitize your hands after you did their makeup. Just saying.
Lol, true.
From my years of experience, it is the novices who don't know what they're doing and the veterans that do know what they're doing that get into trouble. My mom worked as a secretary in a dangerous field and she is a firm believer of it. The newbies don't know what they're doing, and get into accidents, but the old guys end up getting so used to doing something they start to slip and slack off and then they end up getting hurt, or killed.
Ah complacency, yeah true.

2 hours later...
Much better. She knows better, as I didn't have to say anything both times I took the candid photos.

Back