What Moisturiser Do You Use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like garden of wisdom's moisturizers. I've tried plenty of over the counter moisturizers, but they don't work as well with the moisturizing aspect. I've also tried more expensive brands like Philosophy which was ok but not exactly hydrating although it was good at exfoliating because of the lactic acid but any goat milk moisturizer will do that for you. I'd say the only OTC moisturizer I've liked is Olay. Recently, I made my own facial oil which I've been using with GoWs moisturizer which works pretty well. I notice when I use more natural moisturizers, it actually moisturizes deep and also no breakouts and diminishes post acne marks.

I've tried the peaches n cream from Kiss my face, but after awhile it honestly started to smell like cat piss/BO. Maybe it was turning rancid? Not sure. Plus it was too oily and broke me out. I've noticed KMF has pretty oily moisturizers which might be better suited for really dry skin.

Hey

I use Vaseline Sheer Infusion, I'm working with Vaseline at the moment and it's really really good! The website can be found easily on google by searching for Vaseline Sheer Infusion and I've seen it in every supermarket/chemist etc that I've looked in so it's readily available. It's great because you don't need too much to make a difference but you still get great smelling and feeling skin. I can't fault it! It recommends that instead of applying layer upon layer of a thick greasy moisturiser to the skin because this traps heat as well as moisture and soon you will just want to scratch it all off. Instead, apply a light, silky dose of super hydrating Vaseline Sheer Infusion to keep skin looking its best.

Hope this helps!
smile.gif

I'm using Alba Aloe & Green Tea Moisturizer

I have combi skin and I like it. It moisturizes pretty well and is oil-free and 70% organic, smells good too
smile.gif

I was using Kiehls PCA sodium oil free moisturizer few yrs back, it works great, doesnt leave a shiny film and leaves our face truly matte and moist.

Too bad it didnt work for me in here (France) and I have to keep changing into many moiturizers.I tried Cetaphil moisturizer and its kinda goopy a lil.Too bad U can only find 2 of Cetaphil items in France.Next Ive tred Hydraphase from LRPosay, its nice but then it does leave my face shiny after few hours.

Recently Ive been battling with hormonal breakouts, and my derm suggested this brand called Noviderm Serenactiv Emulsion for those with high intolerance sensitive skin.SInce every cleanser and mositurizer breaks me out no joke, this one is very good, my breakouts somewhat had reduced and it moisturizes well.Just 2 small squirt is enough for the whole face..This Noviderm range is developed by the french dermatologists for the most hypersensitive skin.

http://www.bestpharma.fr/boutique/im...05004125_1.jpg

I'm in Malaysia and Asian brands are easily accessible here. I'm currently using HadaLabo Moisturising Milk (from Japan) and love it. Very gentle and does not contain mineral oil, alcohol or fragrance.

I'm using Hydreane from La Roche Posay, for sensitive skins. I've discovered it through a fantastic promotion (it was sold with a magazine for like 2 € !!). I was kind of sick of that brand's moisturizers but this one is really fantastic. I'm using the rich version for dry skins, and i bought the light one for spring.

I used to switch my moisturizer a lot, from Clinique to Aveeno, a few other OTC brands. But I started using Emu Oil last year, and I am pretty stuck on it. I have combo skin, so I am acne prone in some areas, and dry and flaky in others. It does not break me out at all, and makes my skin so soft, but my favorite part is that I am not dry and flaky anymore. I used to HATE when I would use my moisturizer and then apply makeup, and there would be all these little flakes on my skin, yuck! It does take kind of a long time to soak in though. So at night I use the emu oil (a peppermint one) and during the day I use a whipped emu oil cream.

I use Complex 15 Therapeutic Face Cream. It was $7 at Wal-Mart and there is truly nothing better in my eyes. It's oil and lanolin free which is good because I am acne prone and this does not clog up my pores at all. In fact, my acne has seemed to disappeared after a weeks of using this. I use it twice a day, morning and night, and I don't think I would ever go to anything else. It's not greasy at all and make my skin feel so soft.

Back