What new subs have you learned about ? Inquiring minds want to know!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm- this is a questionable new sub.....
icon_eek.gif

Credit goes to Cat Addicts Anony-mouse.

......Sorry - I couldn't resist!!!

SeasonsBox. It Sounds Interesting. It popped up in a sponsored ad on my Facebook. They are in Canada. It starts at about $35.00 with shipping included. The January box is set to have a scarf, a candle, some shea butter lotion, and a couple other things. It's too expensive for me right now.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SeasonsBox. It Sounds Interesting.

It popped up in a sponsored ad on my Facebook. They are in Canada. It starts at about $35.00 with shipping included. The January box is set to have a scarf, a candle, some shea butter lotion, and a couple other things. It's too expensive for me right now.
I have been looking into it and I will be keeping an eye on them.  Here is their youtube page with some unboxings. https://www.youtube.com/user/SeasonsBox

Here is their sub plan list.

• Bill monthly for $34.90
  • 3 months for $99.70 (save $5)
  • 6 months for $174.50 (save $34.90)
  • 12 months for $250 (save $69.80)
  • One time purchase or gift for $34.90

I do not know how to characterize this service exactly but I found a Groupon for it yesterday and signed up.  It is called Fresh20 and they have traditional, vegetarian (for me), and gluten free plans.  I got it because I eat healthy but I am not into cooking and exploring that stuff so I eat the same things all the time. Which is fine, but I do not think it is best for me. Here is the description from their site:

"SHOP

You buy 20 fresh, local and organic (when possible) ingredients. Most subscribers say it takes less than 20 minutes to complete their shopping. Many use weekend farmer’s markets to get great deals on seasonal items. NOTHING is processed or frozen, making sure everything is preservative free. Good meals for your family.

PREP

We give you a step by step guide to prep the entire week’s meals. It takes an hour at the start of your week to save you valuable time during busy weeknights.

COOK

Each complete meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and features simple recipes that the whole family can create together.  No more boxed mac-n-cheese or canned soup casseroles."

Originally Posted by Merryone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up for a new subscription called Handmade Tea, don't know how it will be, but I am willing to try it. We will see......
Please do share what you get! I am very curious about it since I love tea but very picky.

So I subbed, let's hope it is a good one. It seems a bit popsugary to me. Thanks for sharing Peridot!

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been looking into it and I will be keeping an eye on them.  Here is their youtube page with some unboxings. https://www.youtube.com/user/SeasonsBox

Here is their sub plan list.

So I subbed, let's hope it is a good one. It seems a bit popsugary to me. Thanks for sharing Peridot!
I have been looking into it and I will be keeping an eye on them.  Here is their youtube page with some unboxings. https://www.youtube.com/user/SeasonsBox Here is their sub plan list.
You're Welcome. Please let us know how you like it.

I have Seasonsbox coming too, I am VERY excited about this one. Looks so luxurious, I love the seasonal theme.

I just signed up for and received my first Lip Factory Inc box.  $22 a month.  I really liked what I got so I'll stick with them for a couple of months to see if they keep sending good stuff.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just signed up for and received my first Lip Factory Inc box.  $22 a month.  I really liked what I got so I'll stick with them for a couple of months to see if they keep sending good stuff.
I don't know anything about this subscription. What did you receive? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi all,

I believe I talked about Yuzen Box ( the very best eco-conscious products to nourish the body and soui,) in past posts, I'd like to mention a change. They will no longer offer monthly box subs.

Boxes are created and sent seasonally (yeah!) which makes it more affordable for folks like me who can't do a montly sub for $26.00. Quarterly versus monthly????? A much better option for me.

You will receive your first box immediately after you subscribe. They then send you a little Zen for every season – a different box of Yuzen surprises for winter, spring, summer, and fall… Four boxes in all (sent November, February, May, and August). The boxes are beautifully packaged inside and out! They use beautiful japanese origami paper.

I gifted myself a box to check it out.  I got it at a special rate of $19.  I was so impressed with the packaging (they use origami paper inside,) the quality, the quantity and types/brands of products (beauty and food.)   Not your typical sample size, smaller than full-size, larger than sample size.

Let us know if you're going to give it a try and what you think.  I like the alot, and hopefully they won't go down hill and disappoint.

Zenfully, beautifully simple indeed!

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tried it, not impressed, cancelled! The only thing worth the money I spent was the American Apparel tank top; nice but that wasn't what I was buying this for.  The tampons were a (18) count mini box that you can buy cheaply in the sample section at Target or CVS.  The chocolate (dark) was a joke, a chocolate square, although the flavor was interesting; lavender-blueberry flavored.  Feel ripped off, not pleased.  
icon_frown.gif
    So... it's over.
Agreed!!

New Women's subscrption box alert!   Le Parcel – Women’s Monthly Subscription Boxes.  http://www.leparcel.com/

Just what we need, another "time of the month" subscription box.  Since October, they've been (3) new women's monthly box subs that I know about; this makes (4).

28 day hug $5.98 (tried & cancelled,) Cotton Bunny $13.75 (tried & cancelled,not worh it) Juniper $28 (deifnitely didn't try) and now Le Parcel  $15 (wont' try.)

I mean we're going to be swimming in tampons and pads unless you share them.  How can you really justify the price?  They all pretty much offer the same things; pads, tampons of your choosing, chocolate & tea, a spa tablet, treats, snacks and a special gift. 

28 day hug doesn't offer tampons or pads, but everything else, My Cotton Bunny does and some article of clothing, Juniper offers the same plus snacks & treats (they appear to be generous,) and Le Parcel, everything plus a special gift.

Perhaps some of you can go through all of that in a month, certainly the chocolate (they're stingy with it,) the tea well, if you like and drink tea everyday I quess, spa gift, I get those montly with my other subs.

What's so special?  Sorry for the rant but.....Your thoughts please.........  Inquiring minds want to know.

I agree.  The time of the month boxes are a bit of a stretch.  I actually kind of surprised the manufacturers haven't jumped on this one.  There is so much more that these boxes could do to promote womens' health too for example if there was a yoga DVD, breast self exam chart, women's vitamins, etc but right now I am perfectly happy to choose my products and my chocolate myself. 

I'm so picky about my feminine hygiene products that when I lived in the UK I had my mom ship me my brand that they didn't have there.  

I wouldn't mind just monthly chocolate though...not that I need it...

For leparcel you can use the code familyDBD to take off 30%, which will bring the grand total to $15.50 with shipping.

I just ordered one month to try after seeing them mentioned on Cosmo website. I must be their target audience because I like the idea of trying different feminine products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyhow, I'll let you guys know if this service is any good.

Originally Posted by amylovescoffee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree.  The time of the month boxes are a bit of a stretch.  I actually kind of surprised the manufacturers haven't jumped on this one.  There is so much more that these boxes could do to promote womens' health too for example if there was a yoga DVD, breast self exam chart, women's vitamins, etc but right now I am perfectly happy to choose my products and my chocolate myself. 
Wow, you are right, the manufacturers could really do this up in a good way if they wanted.  What a great way to encourage and educate about women's health.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For leparcel you can use the code familyDBD to take off 30%, which will bring the grand total to $15.50 with shipping.

I just ordered one month to try after seeing them mentioned on Cosmo website. I must be their target audience because I like the idea of trying different feminine products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyhow, I'll let you guys know if this service is any good.
Please definitely let us know!!  What I noticed is they weren't offering anything new and special that we couldn't get ourselves.  On Juniper's website, they said if there's a product they don't offer, contact them and they'l try to get it.  I e-mailed them last month, and I'm still waiting to hear back. Not a peep!   They're offering the same ones Playtex pearl, OB etc.

I found a tampon that I really like called Rephresh Brilliant PH tampons.  Reduces the usual PH increase during that time.  It's worked wonders for me.  I guess enough people didn't hear about it, try it or signed on 'cause you can't find it in a CVS or Walgreen's store anyone.  Only available online and I hate paying for shipping w/ minimum $25 purchase.

Latest posts

Back