What new subs have you learned about ? Inquiring minds want to know!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe how expensive that is!  You can get a nice box of of thick, engraved Crane stationery for a couple months of this!

Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love notecards!!! But for $18 a month, that's nearly $5 a card (after stamps) that you don't even get to pick out! Maybe I'd sign up if you could choose from a 'gallery'. Very cute idea though. At first, I thought this was for a notepad monthly subscription.. which I probably could have justified spending $18 for 
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Deenellie, what happened with BeautySage??
I wanted to check out Beauty Sage to see what they were all about.  I found their products to be expensive.  They had a 5 samples for $5 special going on, plus expensive shipping.   I figured they would be  upscale small sample bottles and they weighed alot so that's why the shipping was high.  They didn't specify how it ws being shipped, so I assumed US mail. 

It took forever to arrive and what I received was crap along with the fact that the box weighed nothing. It was the kind of stuff stores through in your bag after a purchase.  I e-mailed them hoping I'd get an apology or something for my unhappiness.  They didn't care, all they said was they shipped UPS.  I couldn't believe that they would send these nothing samples by UPS.  They said they wanted to be able to track the packages.  Well you can track the packages with US mail and it would be a somewhat reasonable fee.

They must've received alot of complaints, because they said they were changing the shipping to US mail this week, which would be cheaper.  My response was that isn't going to help me know.  I heard crickets! 

So as far as I'm concerned, they've lost a customer and their products are overly priced and not worth the $$ or drama!  So i'm done!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely understand lol! I've only managed to drop one sub and somehow pick up two more. Yikes, but yes on reviews and thanks. With all the options, it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes.
smile.gif
 Aint' that the truth.  I continue to get in trouble with these subs like everyday.  I need an intervention.  I'm sure I'll get a grip when that bill comes in the mail.  Stay tuned!

New Nail polish Sub box called Lacquerous!

Lacquerous is a new monthly nail polish subscription service.  it's a rental service - you send the polish back after a month.Lacquerous costs $18 a month.

You will receive your selection of THREE designer lacquers available at Lacquerous. Your box of 3 lacquers will be sent to you with pre-paid return packaging. Take care of the nail polish as you would want to receive it, as your essentially sharing it, so keep other Lacquerous members in mind.

Once they receive your return package, they will ship you a new selection.

This sounds interesting.  A nail polish sub rental service.  Try it out, you don't like it, send it back.  If you like a polish then you can send it back and buy a new one hopefully at a good price somewhere.  The good thing is if you hate it, you don't have to keep it.   But $18?   hmmmmmm.....

Let us know if you subbed and what you think!!

Just got this email, new supplement sub called BeWell Box curated by Pure Matters. I actually buy their vitamins regularly and love them!

The best value is the yearly one and it costs $42.95/month.

"Every month, you'll receive your core nutritional supplements, plus one bonus product, for as little as $42.95! Plus, you'll also get free gifts, samples, premiums and special offers.

Orders are automatically shipped each month & you don't have to do anything, except remember to take your daily doses."

The first month, you'll receive your core products (Multivitamin and Omega-3 Fish Oil), plus that month's bonus feature product. Every month thereafter, you'll receive a month's supply of your Multivitamin, plus the monthly Bonus product. Every other month you'll also receive a two-month supply of the Omega-3 Fish Oil softgels. Check out the "Box Details" section for monthly themes.

https://www.purematters.com/SubscriptionSignup.aspx

Wow!  I'm shocked at how many subscription boxes are available.  It seems like everyone is jumping on the subscription wagon which is surprising in this tough economy.  Good to see people are still spending $ and new businesses are finding a start.

We have to try and find some joy some how!  This sub stuff is addicting!!!  There are some people who have like 10 subs.  Really crazy!!  I can barely do the (3) I sub to and I keep trying out a box here, a box there.  Especially when I see offers for 50% off on a box I want to try.  I know I'll sober up when that CC bill arrives.  For schizle!!

Here's my history in subs:

I started with Birchbox, which I read about in The Knot magazine a few years ago.  I actually went back and forth with them a little.. unsubscribed, re-subscribed.  I recently unsubscribed a few months ago 'cause I just got tired of the little foil packets and uninspiring products.  So I put my money towards..

Eco Emi!  I love, love, love, love Eco Emi.  I was a little unsure about them at first since they charged me for two months before I finally got a box, but once I started getting my regular boxes, I fell in love.  I always buy their big bonus boxes because I know there will be stuff I will definitely use (even if not everything - like bar soaps, yuck).

Next came a VERY brief experience with "Go Go Girlfriend".  Do you guys remember this?  I actually really liked some of the items I received, but then there were some weird products (like homemade stuff) along with it, and then randomly they stopped sending any boxes out.  There was no notice about what happened to them, no communication whatsoever.  A lot of people were angry, from what I gathered when I googled them; I think some people had even paid for boxes they never received.  Anyone have any idea what happened to this company and why they didn't send out ANY communication?

My next brief experience was with myglam (now ipsy)?  This one was a much more professional service, by an actual beauty blogger.  There were a few mediocre bags at first, so I cancelled.  They seem to be doing well now, but I'm just being super careful with which boxes I buy now.

I started with PopSugar from the very start and I'm sticking with them until I'm broke.  They're super expensive, but I find that they are superior and I have always received my money's worth!

The boxes I've been exploring lately are (sorry, these aren't beauty related):

BabbaBox - a crafting box for kids 3-6.  I've received one so far and I like it, so we'll see if I continue..

Kiwi Crate - another crafting box for kids 3-7.  Haven't received it yet, but I will soon and I plan on a review on my blog.

WittleBee - a clothing service for kids of all ages.  First box was hit and miss.  I'll wait for the second box to decide if I want to continue.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And by doing this list, I have realized that I am spending way too much money on this stuff.  But right now I just have PopSugar, Eco Emi, and the kid's boxes.  I need to make sacrifices to afford PopSugar!  Lol

Wow!  I know what you mean about spending too much.  These last 2 weeks I've been going crazy w/ the spending.  I know I'll literally go crazy when that bill comes.  Never heard of Go-Go Girlfriend.

I Love, Love
heart.gif
 Eco-emi as well.  I tried several other types of eco-friendly organic boxes like Conscious bx  & Klutch Club (health & fitness).  Liked Klutch C, I received  a (2) boxes for $40 special and boy were they generous.  (2) shoe boxes o' health!  Alot of great stuff; 1 item I received was worth more than the price I paid.  Way too many protein and superfood powders for me.  What I didn't like, I gave away and felt good about it.

CB; I tried out their Mystery Box to give them a try for $19.95.  They claimed the box would be overflowing, filled to capacity, busting out.  Man when I received that box, it had like 6 items in the small box.  You could shake it and items moved in it.  I e-mailed them, they apologized and said they'd make it up to me. 

They sent me another box and included a "full" sized bx of wheat pasta some little squares of nasty chocolate and laundry detergent pod.  I mean it was really..... It was tired!  There were alot of complaints on FB about that box.  Some people received overflowing boxes like 20 plus items and I was one of the unlucky ones.  The key is to send what you advertise.  Long story short, Eco-emi!!!

I have yet to try Pop-sugar.  I ordered one bx to try it out.  Wont' receive it til' Dec.  I hope they come very correct!!!  You're right about making the sacrifice for Pop-sugar.  I will have to give up what I already sub to - to justify that motnhly purchase.

Right now I sub to BB (been with them from the start!)  In my opinion, it's worth $10.  Yeah some months are hit or miss, but it doesn't hurt as bad if it's not great.  Besides that I received really great items that were worth alot more; so it balances out.  Not ready to cancel yet.  Eco-emi, 28dayhug and Curlbox.

Phew... That's enough though.  In the past few weeks I purchased (1) box from Pop-sugar, Labella bx, Cravebox (Thanksgiving bx, not impressed,) Naturebx (still waiting,)  Blissmo and Yuzen.  Yuzen is wonderful, but I can't afford that on a monthly basis as well.  I'd like to try Hammock pack.

Keep us posted on your boxes!!

Special Alert!!  Klutch Club (health and fitness sub,  is offering a Blk Friday (starting at Midnite) sale.  20% off annual and gift subs. (1) day deal only!  If interested in a discount code, PM me.  They offer boxes specifically for women and men!

Nature box Special Alert!  If you're interested in Nature box, they're offering 40% off your first month with a coupon code. (Regularly $19.95, with coupon only $11.97!)  PM me if you'd like the code! 

Nature box is a healthy snack sub.  You'll receive (5) full-sized tasty snacks monthly. 

If you decide to sub, let us know what you think.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I got a Nature Box to review this month and it just came today!  I can't wait to see whats inside!

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a Nature Box to review this month and it just came today!  I can't wait to see whats inside!
 I received my Nature Box today as well. I orderd just one box to check it out and I got it at a discounted price.  I was a bit annoyed as I ordered Nov. 4th and had to contact them several times to find out when I'll receive a delivery notice with tracking #.  They said I'd receive the tracking # any day.  Still waiting, but received the box.  Nice presentation.  I hate every snack in the box; there's only one treat I might be able to tolerate.   They're too exotic to me.  I was unable to choose the snacks I'm interested in., it was a "surprise".  In case you're still awaiting a box, I won't list it for all to see.  Check Spoiler.  Imagine receiving a box at $19.95 a month, and you never like what you get.  Good thing it was a one time purchase.

My co-workers are going to be psyched!

Carrot Chips

Roasted Garlic Pumpkin seeds

Chiptle Maple Almonds (I might try)

Country Ranch Peas

Cinnamon Spiced Granola

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my Nature Box today as well. I orderd just one box to check it out and I got it at a discounted price.  I was a bit annoyed as I ordered Nov. 4th and had to contact them several times to find out when I'll receive a delivery notice with tracking #.  They said I'd receive the tracking # any day.  Still waiting, but received the box.  Nice presentation.  I hate every snack in the box; there's only one treat I might be able to tolerate.   They're too exotic to me.  I was unable to choose the snacks I'm interested in., it was a "surprise".  In case you're still awaiting a box, I won't list it for all to see.  Check Spoiler.  Imagine receiving a box at $19.95 a month, and you never like what you get.  Good thing it was a one time purchase.

My co-workers are going to be psyched!

Carrot Chips

Roasted Garlic Pumpkin seeds

Chiptle Maple Almonds (I might try)

Country Ranch Peas

Cinnamon Spiced Granola

if you're not into that kind of stuff it would suck but those snacks sound good to me.

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, there is a new box launching in a few months called "Knit Crate". They are going to send out projects monthly or bi-monthly (you can pick) based on your skill level.

http://www.knitcrate.com
If I'm looking at that right, it's pretty expensive!  The bi-monthly doesn't ship until they receive 2 monthly payments, and the beginner box is $30/month - so each box is $60?  And I'm not picking my own project or yarn, so who knows if I'll like it (and good luck getting me to put in all the time to make the thing even if I do like it, let alone if I don't!) - or heck, since I'm a beginner, even if I'll like knitting!  It's a little too much to ask of me.

Back