What new subs have you learned about ? Inquiring minds want to know!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm already getting a December one, subscribed as soon as November sold out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Klutchclub looks like a fancy food sub to me and I'm not all that picky about the yummies so I probably wouldn't care to spend $30 on it.
Klutchclub isn't a fancy food sub but wellness and beauty samples.  I just got a sub from daily candy for $20 for 2 boxes.  http://deals.dailycandy.com/deal/20465/klutchclub-ew-50-percent-off if you are interested. 

I'm cheap..Given that I have 5 subs now, I refuse to pay more than $20 a piece, so that eliminates the more costly ones, whether they appeal or not. I'm not interested in foodie type subs, so that cuts down choices further.. I stick to beauty related and that's okay...at least for now. Pop Sugar looks a little interesting, but I refuse to pay that much and am not chopping 2-3 subs for that one..Maybe next year, I'll consider grabbing a one month trial.

Regarding my earlier comment, I know someone mentioned before they were trialing subs on a quarterly basis, to get a feel and then switching out. I know that BB allows people to reactivate accounts without waiting, but can't speak for other subs. 

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're interested in Yuzen, there is a $13 voucher for one month here which was posted earlier on the forums: http://now.spafinder.com/deal/18838/yuzen/products It's close to no obligation, though even if I end up getting the voucher, I probably will also not be keeping it. $26/mo is too pricey for me
 Thanks for sharing.  I really shouldn't but I'll try one month.

If you're interested in Yuzen, there is a $13 voucher for one month here which was posted earlier on the forums: http://now.spafinder.com/deal/18838/yuzen/products It's close to no obligation, though even if I end up getting the voucher, I probably will also not be keeping it. $26/mo is too pricey for me
 Good looking out Kyuu!  I just ordered it!  Thank you!

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can see myself getting there eventually but right now I feel like I really want to try everything so I know which subs are worth it for me and which aren't.

I tried out some of the more expensive ones, like quarterly BeautyFix and NB Test Tube - unsubscribed after two seasons from both. BeautyFix just wasn't fun enough although I liked the idea of choosing my own products; and NBTT kept on sending drugstore products and reusing the same brands consistently. Both are amazing value for the money but the purpose of those boxes for me personally is the fun of discovery, and after 2 seasons the fun factor ran out.

From the fancier monthly ones I unsubscribed from Glossybox after 2 months back in August, and now I'm giving it another shot in November. I will probably end up unsubscribing again but we'll see.

I also decided to try Yuzen box because I loved every single box they sent from the previous months - at least the pictures looked really nice. At $26/month it better be good! I have a feeling I will be keeping this one for a few months.

I will be trying out Popsugar in December, and they get one and only chance to win me over. The box has to be absolutely fantastic to make me pay $35 for another month, which is why there's a very high chance I will just cancel after December. At least I know I wouldn't pay that money for the current October box.

I cancelled Ipsy because I don't need any more makeup at the time and Birchbox because of decreased CS quality and too many foils in recent boxes. I actually believe they will improve over time so I'll wait a few months and see if I should resubscribe.

This will be my second month out of 3 with Love With Food, and I already know I won't be keeping it. 

I will be trying another food sub - Goodies - in November, the pictures looked promising and it's only $7/month. Might end up keeping it just because of such low monthly price.

Other subs I'm interested in trying: Conscious box, Hammock pack
 Hammock Pack looks really good.  Oh no! not another one...... http://www.hammockpack.com/

SOUND OFF!  O.K. In my quest of not getting enough of subs, discounts, deals....  I received this newsletter from BeautySage and You Beauy which Dr. Oz and another Doctor he has on his show are affiliated with.  Don't know how or why I received it, but I did.  It's basically a health, wellness and beauty website.

I checked it out, it's o.k.  They were hustling a 5 samples for $5 deal.  I said O.k. being so deep into my addiciton, I thought lemme check this out.  It maybe good, they don't tell you what they're sending.  So I was placing my order and then when it came to the shipping, they charged me $7.95.  I thought what! $12.00, this better be hot?  And then I said, maybe this will be a heavy package.  So stupid me went for it. 

So 10 days later, I receive my package.  It was this little "A" box, that weighed nothing!  I opened it up and it had a bunch of B.S.sample packets in it and some "natural" soap that looked like a child cut it up!  I was too through and really felt ripped off!!

So I fired off a letter to them.  I thought that'd be appropriate rather than call them out on FB, I should've though.  So in so many words, I told them their choice of samples sucked, were cheap and I felt ripped off.  I told them that I know that they're trying to  make money by charging you crazy money for shippng.  It's wasn't overnighted. They sent it by UPS and didn't indicate that. 

This was their lame a response: [SIZE=11pt]Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we charge $7.95 to ship our packages via UPS so we can track packages and insure that the package is delivered. We are starting to ship via USPS next week which would lower shipping costs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]They could've tracked, insure through USPS for cheap![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]They must be getting lots of complaints; now they're changing the shipping after they ripped me off.  No apology, no offer to do anything to make this right.[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=11pt]I wrote them back and said, changing the shipping next week, doesn't help me now.  I'm hearing crickets!!  So now I have to eat this, beacause it'll cost me more to return it then it's worth.  BEWARE!!  Perhaps I'll take it up with the credit card company.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]  I need  to take a break and slow down.  But I'm too through!  I'm just saying.........   Any thoughts?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

I'm afraid Popsugar is sold out for december.  you better run for January.  I tried Glossybox for one month, the worst experience from delivery to CS to products spilling in the box, so I cancelled..  Too much money for all the drama.  I sub to BB; it's $10 a month.  Beauty samples, sometimes snacks.  I've subbed with them from the beginning.  SOme boxes are really good, and some mediocre.  But for $10 I can't complain.  I looked at Yuzen but  I decided $26 was too much for me with the other (3) subs I already have, price range is $10 - $20.   Check out Eco-emi (I love them), Klutchclub, just bought (1) box, I tried a Mystery box from Conscious box and wasn't impressed.  Bought the Dec. box from Popsugar.  Oh here's a new one for $6.00, 28hour hug (chocolate, tea & bath product.  Hmmmm Hammock pack huh! 
28 hour hug? I can't find anything on that one...

Thanks so much for this, I've been on the fence about this box because of the price but for $13 I figured it was worth trying.  Unfortunately now I have 11 monthly boxes and 1 quarterly so something is going to have to go!

Thanks so much for this, I've been on the fence about this box because of the price but for $13 I figured it was worth trying.  Unfortunately now I have 11 monthly boxes and 1 quarterly so something is going to have to go!

Originally Posted by BrendaKaye2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG!!!!!!  Be careful sis!!

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[SIZE=11pt]  I need  to take a break and slow down.  But I'm too through!  I'm just saying.........   Any thoughts?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
Poor deenellie...You won't make such mistake any more. Take it as a lesson.

By the way I know that box, it is originally supposed to be purchased with other items from their website. The shipping is for full size products. I think is't not reasonable. They should have special shipping price for samples. And I remember there used to be 3 choices: 1 mysterious box and 2 boxes with items shown to buyers. Now only mystery one... 

Originally Posted by fayeX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Poor deenellie...You won't make such mistake any more. Take it as a lesson.

By the way I know that box, it is originally supposed to be purchased with other items from their website. The shipping is for full size products. I think is't not reasonable. They should have special shipping price for samples. And I remember there used to be 3 choices: 1 mysterious box and 2 boxes with items shown to buyers. Now only mystery one... 
sure did learn my lesson.  I don't feel they were very clear. Anyway, they won't be getting my money again!

Originally Posted by BrendaKaye2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please share with us what monthly boxes to sub to?. Inquiring minds want to know! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

I subscribed to the 28 day hug on Oct. 29th.  I received that package so fast on Nov. 2nd, I paper with a hug sticker on it.

The contents included: A Raspberry in Dark Chocolate bar, called Chocolove xoxox.  I've seen it at Whole Foods; so I would say probably good quality chocolate, (3) packets of tea called "Woman's Moon Cycle;" it helps ease menstrual symptoms.  100% natural, made w/ organic raspberry leaf and a Spa Shower tablet: w/ orange, geranium & peppermint.  You place the tablet on the shower floor, so it gets wet but isn't in direct stream.  As it fizzes essential oils are released.

It smells really nice.

I've yet to try these items, but I'm pleased with the packet.  I'll probably continue to sub until they go up on the shipping price.  Currently shipping is $1.99 for a limited time.

To those who've subbed to 28 day hug, I'd like to hear what you think.

Unfortunately, I will try it out as well.  I can't resist a sweet deal.  The $1.99 shipping is for a limited time.  So when the shipping goes up, I'll be out!  Stay tuned!
I signed up -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> damn this addiction haha

I subscribed to the 28 day hug on Oct. 29th.  I received that package so fast on Nov. 2nd, I paper with a hug sticker on it.

The contents included: A Raspberry in Dark Chocolate bar, called Chocolove xoxox.  I've seen it at Whole Foods; so I would say probably good quality chocolate, (3) packets of tea called "Woman's Moon Cycle;" it helps ease menstrual symptoms.  100% natural, made w/ organic raspberry leaf and a Spa Shower tablet: w/ orange, geranium & peppermint.  You place the tablet on the shower floor, so it gets wet but isn't in direct stream.  As it fizzes essential oils are released.

It smells really nice.

I've yet to try these items, but I'm pleased with the packet.  I'll probably continue to sub until they go up on the shipping price.  Currently shipping is $1.99 for a limited time.

To those who've subbed to 28 day hug, I'd like to hear what you think.
I think it's ok, though you definitely could buy them with $6 yourself. It's all about fun.

I don't think shipping will go higher because they ship with USPS first class (seen in the picture) and $1.99 is enough for those light weighted stuff. 

At this time I won't sub this because I have two food subs: goodies $7 and lovewithfood $7(with discount). They offer more food... 

Beauty Fix

New Beauty Test Tube

My Glam / Ipsy

Birchbox - waiting for 1st box

Goodies Co. - waiting for 1st box

Glossy Box Italy - waiting for 1st box

Finally got picked up for Birchbox. I do love Little Black Bag b/c I am building my 'work wardrobe' and the value is amazing for me. I did 3 months to Glossybox Italy b/c the US company won't ship to US military overseas (even though my address is US) I know it is here just keep missing the delivery man.

Wow. . .that is a lot when it is all typed out. I might cut the Test Tube - great products but I am not in love w/ any that they have sent me.

Back