What new subs have you learned about ? Inquiring minds want to know!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 A new subscription box y'all.  Sorry to be enabling you but......., It's called Fair Ivy.  www.FairIvy.com .  It's hand-made surprise packages.  It looks fabulous, $52 a month, not cheap.   If you're interested, I have a $5 off your first month coupon code.  PM me.  Happy Sub shopping!!

The ones I am doing are all the common ones except for Nail Art Society. They are sending the first box Nov 10th. I am being cautiously optimistic.

New Notecard sub:

Nicely Noted

The Cost: $18 a month; you get 3 curated cards plus stamps each month.

You can view examples of cards here http://www.nicelynoted.com/.

The cards are wonderful and as much as I love notecards, it's a bit too pricey for me.  I don't send enough notes to make it worth my while. But.... if I could afford it, I'd do it.

I think it's a nice concept.   Your thoughts?

I found out about another sub.  I already gifted myself to check it out.

It's called LaBella box:www.labellabox.com You receive samples of boutique products from entrepreneurs all over the U.S.

It aint' cheap, $19.00 a month; but the items look somewhat upscale. So it may be worth it.   It includes food, beauty items and other goodies.

I'll let you know what I think when I receive my box.

I know!! I'm having the sweetest hangover now!!  I might be happy now, but when that credit card bill comes... I know I'm gonna be crying!
sadno.gif

Deenellie, please do a review when you get these subs! I'm a little curious about some and never heard of them before.

Its so much fun signing up for different subs and seeing what they send you. I'm on a budget so any leftover money I have can go to subs...I like the fact that I can skip some subs like Beauty Army, or cancel some of the not so great ones like 28 day hug. Also, I hardly buy makeup or skin care so spending $20 a month on 2 subs that supply me with a lot of full size items is great! Sometimes I will take advantage of the subs that do free boxes. I did that with Julep last year. Sindulge had 2 free boxes. Love with food had a free box (I actually ended up keeping this one). And my shade of brown had a $5 box. I've gotten so many really big samples or full sized items even from the free boxes. I love free....anything

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deenellie, please do a review when you get these subs! I'm a little curious about some and never heard of them before.
 Hi MissLindaJean,

I subbed to LaBellabox, but not to the other two I mentioned.  I have to put on the brakes if you know what I mean...

I will definitely review LaBella. : )

Hi MissLindaJean, I subbed to LaBellabox, but not to the other two I mentioned.  I have to put on the brakes if you know what I mean... I will definitely review LaBella. : )
Definitely understand lol! I've only managed to drop one sub and somehow pick up two more. Yikes, but yes on reviews and thanks. With all the options, it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its so much fun signing up for different subs and seeing what they send you. I'm on a budget so any leftover money I have can go to subs...I like the fact that I can skip some subs like Beauty Army, or cancel some of the not so great ones like 28 day hug. Also, I hardly buy makeup or skin care so spending $20 a month on 2 subs that supply me with a lot of full size items is great!

Sometimes I will take advantage of the subs that do free boxes. I did that with Julep last year. Sindulge had 2 free boxes. Love with food had a free box (I actually ended up keeping this one). And my shade of brown had a $5 box. I've gotten so many really big samples or full sized items even from the free boxes. I love free....anything.
I'm with you on the free stuff.  I did a $5 box with outrageous shipping w/ BeautySage and got burned.   I just received the (2) boxes for $20 special from Kluthcluby by way of The Daily Candy.  Someone was nice enough to share info. on this special offer with me.  The boxes are $18 a month.  I received alot of healthy snacks, teas, protein bars and powders, energy chews, Think thin chocolate bar, aloe vera-wheat grass drink, ear buds (specifically for working out,) which was worth more than the (2) boxes combined.  A download card for workouts.  I was really excited about these boxes.  I believe the special is still going on if anyone is interested.

New sub!!  Blissmo box

Has anyone heard of Blissmo or sub to it?  If not, It's a monthly eco-friendly box.

$19 plus $4.95 shipping.  They lost me right there, I hate paying extra for shipping for anything!!!

6 month sub includes free shipping  - $119.70 (a $30 savings)

The products are a mix of eco-friendly and organic products. Every month you'll select a box from 3 limited-quantity options:usually 1 food, 1 beauty/personal care, and 1 seasonal - or you can skip the month.  (Skip a month is an attractive option!)

Each month, expect exceptional organic & eco-friendly products from a mix of established as well as up and coming brands delivered right to your door. We pack each box with between $20-$40 or more of value — and you'll get to discover premium-quality products safer, healthier and better than conventional alternatives.

This sounds like a really great sub!  I'm afraid I can't sub to this, I already sub to another eco-friendly company that I'm pleased with.  If I see a discount offer, I sure will check it out!! 

Pssst!!  Breaking News!!   I just noticed on their website they have a sale section and you can buy what looks like past boxes at a discount and I even saw free shipping!

Oh Oh!! I'm in trouble now!!  Gone shoppin'.  I'll let you know what I think.  Stay tuned!

If you're interested and subscribe, let us know what you think.  Looking forward to hearing ALL abou it!  

I haven't seen anyone mention "Not Another Bill", which is based in the UK but ships internationally.

Basically every month, this guy sends out a uniquely curated item.

You only get one item, so it's not a box that's chocked-full of stuff like other subscription boxes...it'd be nice if he included more stuff,

especially for the rather high price tag (about $35 USD?)

The item is usually based on this little questionnaire that you filled out at the beginning of subscription (about 4 questions).

I've signed up a few months ago and got some pretty neat things, one of them being a pocket sundial. I'm in love with it.

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

New Notecard sub:

Nicely Noted

The Cost: $18 a month; you get 3 curated cards plus stamps each month.

You can view examples of cards here http://www.nicelynoted.com/.

The cards are wonderful and as much as I love notecards, it's a bit too pricey for me.  I don't send enough notes to make it worth my while. But.... if I could afford it, I'd do it.

I think it's a nice concept.   Your thoughts?
I love notecards!!! But for $18 a month, that's nearly $5 a card (after stamps) that you don't even get to pick out! Maybe I'd sign up if you could choose from a 'gallery'. Very cute idea though. At first, I thought this was for a notepad monthly subscription.. which I probably could have justified spending $18 for 
laughing.gif

I found out about another sub.  I already gifted myself to check it out.

It's called LaBella box:www.labellabox.com You receive samples of boutique products from entrepreneurs all over the U.S.

It aint' cheap, $19.00 a month; but the items look somewhat upscale. So it may be worth it.   It includes food, beauty items and other goodies.

I'll let you know what I think when I receive my box.
I like this concept too! Great for Small Business Saturday coming up

I've heard of them, but I have a large plastic container filled with scented candles I need to use.  The price is scary too.

I don't use enough candles to make it worth my while.  I'm really into reed diffuser's these days.

I've heard of them, but I have a large plastic container filled with scented candles I need to use.  The price is scary too.

I don't use enough candles to make it worth my while.  I'm really into reed diffuser's these days.
Agreed. I guess this sub is more geared towards candle collectors like me 
smile.gif

Back