What Saved Your Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though i dont have bad skin, for me, it was drinking water and the bodyshops tea tree oil face wash

This might sound weird, but moisturizing. I have oily skin and figured I didn't need to moisturize. It's made all the difference in the world!

Gentle products and antioxidants have made all the difference in my skin. I've been through a lot of different products in the past few years, but I've finally found a routine that works.

Neutrogena one-step gentle cleanser during summer, Clinique Redness solutions cleansing cream when it gets drier out, MD Formulations antioxidant moisturizing spray (as toner), Clinique continuous rescue/super rescue antioxidant moisturizer, Olay UV Defense moisturizer, Neutrogena oil-free acne stress control (BHA gel), and occasionally Paula's Choice AHA liquid.

I will add Logona and Weleda (Rose and almond creams), those have moisturizers for dry skins that are fantastic, they also help with the redness on my cheeks, although only the Weleda almond moisturizer is targeted for sensitive and dry skins.

Clean and Clear Morning Burst Scrub with Bursting Beads. It has Vitamin C and Ginseng stuff which is really good for your skin. It also exfoliates quite nicely without being rough/harsh on your skin.

Also Biore products works WONDERS.

Edit: Also, Clean and Clear's moisturizer.

I had the same problem, at home chemical peels (TCA, which I ordered online) and Rx for Brown skin Exfoliating Serum (LOVE this stuff!) have really emproved my skin. I was so self conscious about my marks since my skin was pretty much clear otherwhise.

Oh, and the birth control pill I´m taking, and using Differin...those stopped my mild acne.

A loofah and Aveda's Botanical Kinetics exfoliating toner! When I moved from Long Island (New York) to the West Coast, the relatively drier air and different mineral composition in the water totally threw off the moisture balance in my skin, and I wound up flaking like crazy and breaking out at the same time for the first time in my life. Out here I learned I need to exfoliate daily with the loofah, and I use the toner at least once a day--twice if I can remember! I haven't had to moisturize any more than I did in the past--probably because I was already moisturizing well, but I definitely need to stay on top of the exfoliating otherwise I go right back to the flaking and then breaking out.

Alpha Derma CE saved my wrinkled and saggy skin. Now I have way less wrinkles and no more sagging skin. I look 10 years younger.

Dr. Hauschka products. They do what they say what they will do and they feel so good!! Also, been using the new Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvinator for two weeks and I think it's definitely improving my texture and skintone.

Vitamin E Capsules and tea tree oil does helps to get this problem sorted out. I've seen so many ways here in this thread, but Vitamin E capsules is the best treatment I'd prefer to everyone. Because, it has no side effect. :policeman:

I hope this isn't too crazy to ask, but do you take the vitamin E capsule whole or do you break it open and smooth it on your skin?

Lori

Vitamin E Capsules (to take and rub in areas where i'm afraid i'll scar)

Burt's Bee's Purifying Gel Cleanser

Egyptian Magic cream on eye area, neck and lips

Neutrogena Wave Duo w/ gentle exfoliating pads

Homemade green tea, apple cider vinegar and grapeseed oil toner

Kiss My Face Honey and Calendula (or Lavender and Shea Butter on windy days) Ultra Moisturizer in the day

Kiss My Face Peaches 'n' Creme Ultra Moisturizer at night

A mask every other day of either Petal Fresh Pure Botanicals Pomegranate & Clay mask or a homemade sugar cane, honey, green tea and grapeseed oil mask.

Back