What side do you see?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty much the same in real life. Although, I am a little more willing to voice my opinion online than in real life, which I think is just because I am able to spend more time thinking about what I want to say.

haha am I the only person who swears the same on MUT as in real life? lol. In real life I dont asterisk myself though
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I see lots of people say they're the same on here as in person...

...but for some folks, their personality doesn't come off on the net. Especially on MUT since I noticed a lot of fakeness. But then I do come across some who seem genuine, you being one of them Rosie.

Hmm I don't think I am. I don't know why, but I don't think my real personality is evident here. I'm not a hypocrite though. I just don't talk much in here IMO.
wink.gif

I can definitely reveal more about myself online sometimes than in real life, but I still like to know the people I am talking to fairly well before I start blabbing about my personal stuff!

Well, I am who I am, take it or leave it. You're going to form your opinions on me regardless as to whether or not I say, "This is me!"

But, it is me. I think any of the older members who remember me from the day I joined know I am exactly this way, especially those who I've met and/or talk to in person. I've posted less about myself over the last few months for various reasons, but it doesn't make me fake for not letting out every aspect of my life here on MuT.

Yes, I am "constrained" to say a lot of what I want to say given the Forum Netiquette and Rules & Regs. Like I said, I am who I am. I've never said I wasn't a b*tch, I've never said I couldn't be mean. But until you take the time to put your pre-conceived notions aside to get to know me, you'll continue to believe what you want. It is what it is.

And also, it is understandable that this forum in particular, being that it is policed and you are expected to be nice on here, that you will see plenty of "fakeness" because I grit my teeth and smile here plenty, because I would be the first one banned from here if I said what was on my mind, and this forum and others that I have been on, there are plenty that live controlled lives IRL, and get online and be b*tches and bullies, cause they cant do it IRL. I am a b*tch and a bully, and IRL this b*tch right here, 100% real to the core, anyone that meets me IRL or knows me IRL, and that count is about 3 of my fellow muters, can vouch for that.

Well, hmmm, that is hard to say. I think I am pretty much the same, as I am not one to change/act different for anyone. I think I do talk more in real life than what it seems, as I don't post nearly as much as some other do here. April, I know what you are saying- I often have opinions about things on here that I do not post because I am sure some people would be offended...it is much easier to be offended on here than in real life, I think because the expression on one's face and their tone of voice is not known. In real life I am very opinionated, but in no way unkind. I do love people but I also trust almost noone so I can be very guarded. Online I think it is hard to know any of that soooo, I guess I am different in real life?!?! lol

I agree with Brewgrl too about you Rosie!!

As for me I'm prolly the only one who is VERY DIFFERENT than I am here.........I am pretty assertive IRL.........and I talk alot and divulge lots of personal stuff to people........but here I stay pretty quite......I don't know why...maybe b/c I don't feel like I fit in the best here.....and besides I'm too lazy to type too much!!!!

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am the same way here as IRL, I have no need for an alter-ego lol^ same here

Im gonna agree with Celly. And Aprill. It's hard to be yourself on a forum with so many rules. I know i've definately not spoken my mind on lots of things.

My personality isnt that different in R/L, it's just the 'un-cut' version of what you see on MUT. haha.

I think you can be PG on the boards while still showcasing your personality.

Some are just better at expressing themselves thru words and that's how I can see what type of person they are.

Well Hoooray for the ones that are the same, but when you are being censored and you expect someone that is not nice IRL to be nice, ummm that poses a challenge for some of us. I dont kiss a$$, eat crow, nor ride panties, I am cordial to some people because it is the rules, and I am a rule folllower in some aspects
wink.gif

I know for a fact 100% that I have a different persona online! Because no one knows you, or knows what you look like so I think it's very easy to be someone else over the internet

Haha, Aprill... I can expect some folks to get all butt hurt when they meet you in person.

"Bu-u-ut... you're a MOD!"

"B*tch, I ain't on the internet - recognize realness now."

if there is anything i hate more in life its hypocrites and fakes and i am NOT one of them, so what you see is what you get, and if anything i am MORE honest on MUT than anywhere else!

I dont think its fakeness. I think people naturally act differently in different situations. I would say im the same in person but idk i might come off different to other people.

I dont know, Even though this board is censored, I have never had a hard time expressing myself. If anyone looks on my profile you would notice i have a "penalty" for cussing someone out. Which I dont think I actually did (cuss out part), just set them straight a bit. I definitely cuss a lot in real life, which I also do a lot on here. I just let the asterisks do its job.
wink.gif

Back