What type of Shampoo/Cond do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as of right now; Head and Shoulders + Pantene + V05 + Garnier = I mix them up every time.. haha

I will try Herbal Essence, aussie OR many natural-based shampoo and conditioner.

A side note: I don't think all high-end hair care are supposed to be "chemical or sulphate free". Think Live Clean, an affordable Canadian drugstore brand; they don't contain much harmful stuff. Not to dispute that drugstore are considered healthy; I think some high-ends also have harmful stuff. I could really look into my Organic aisle and look for Kiss my Face and other organic shampoo and conditioner for less. Oh, don't forget Lush too!
smile.gif

Currently i'm using HIP punch shampoo for fine/stressed hair (i love it !!), combined with a shampoo/showergel by a french organic brand, which is neutral and mild.

As for conditioner, a little bit of baobab oil does the trick, i haven't found a really good rinsing conditioner for dry hair.

Originally Posted by Flowind /img/forum/go_quote.gif as of right now; Head and Shoulders + Pantene + V05 + Garnier = I mix them up every time.. haha
I will try Herbal Essence, aussie OR many natural-based shampoo and conditioner.

A side note: I don't think all high-end hair care are supposed to be "chemical or sulphate free". Think Live Clean, an affordable Canadian drugstore brand; they don't contain much harmful stuff. Not to dispute that drugstore are considered healthy; I think some high-ends also have harmful stuff. I could really look into my Organic aisle and look for Kiss my Face and other organic shampoo and conditioner for less. Oh, don't forget Lush too!
smile.gif

I never said that high-end brands were chemical or sulphate free. As for Live Clean, I have no idea what that is, guess i'm not as educated on drug store as I am on Salon products.

i have so many products, i just switch around all the time...and never seem to use one up before i buy another one. i have a problem.

anyway, currently im using and liking rusk sea kelp shampoo and condish. once a week i use a clarifying shampoo...suave.

every couple of weeks i use ojon conditioning treatment on the ends. it does make my hair feel nice after i use it, im not sure it was worth the money but since i spent it im using it!

i totaly agree with you hair ego i think there is a much better quality in high end and saloon brands versus drug store brands.

that said when my hair was badly damaged i used kerestase, now i use divachan shampoo cause it is gentler, as for conditioner since my hair in a good condition now and i can go through conditioner really fast, i use whatever is on sale at the drug store.

@Flowind:

i dont think hair ego was saying they were less harmful, though there aare some high end brands that are sulfate free, as there are drugstore brands. i think the main diffrence is if you have a salon brand and a store brand that both claim to add protien to the hair. in most cases the salon brand is not only more concentraited with protien but it also is typicly designed to penetate the hair better. to get the same amount of protien in your hair from a drug store brand that claims to add protien it would take a longer amount of time than the salon brand most likely, and you would proboably end up having to use several bottles of the drugstore conditioner to get similar results whihc would make the cost equal to that of the saloon brand.

so i think there is a time and place for drug store and salon brand. if your hair is in bad case or yu use heat styling and such a lot it would proboably be in your best intrest to use a higher end brand, where as if your hair is in good condition and you just want to maintain it a drug store brand should be fine

Garnier Fructis-LOVE IT

Herbal Essences Hydralicious-the purple it's the new one it's amazing!

Biolage

Healthy sexy hair- Soy and chocolate!

Do you like the Healthy Sexy Soy?? I've wanted to try it, but sadly, t he packaging turns me off! I know, I know...its not what is on the outside, its whats on the inside that counts...but really...i dont want unattractive bottles in my bathroom!

@ Orangeeyecrayon: thanks for clarify that for me. I hate hair styling; so I'm in the minority, but my hair can be oily.

@ HairEgo: I'm not a drugstore defender even I'm using their stuff 90% of the time. Can you enlighten me on how salon products contain more protein and give better results (reasonable) in term of ingredients? Cause right now I look at H&S and Fekkai and the ingredients difference I see here is that Fekkai has more fruit/plant extract in them; other than that, it's standard chemical ingredients. As for Live Clean, this line should already be in most drugstores by now, they have a website.

Flow: I think you need to re-read this post. I said nothing about the content of protein in one versus the other. I believe that was orangeyecrayon. I would really enjoy enlightening you, however, I have no idea what H.S stands for and I never mentioned Fekkai as I am not farmiliar/don't use this line.

I recently got Herbal Essences Break's Over, and I LOVE it! It makes my hair so soft and frizz free, it's better than ANY other shampoo I've ever tried! I have thick wavy hair and it makes it so managable!

I used to use Garnier Fructis Length & Strength for like 5 years, and just started hating my hair so I switched to Herbal Essences Break's Over a year ago and LOVED it. Unfortunately, in September I had wayyyy too much Coconut Malibu and the smell of Break's Over makes me nauseated haha. I use the 2 in 1 Hello Hydration now which I don't like as much but still really like and sometimes the new Hydralicious in the purple bottle, smells so YUMMY!

@ hairEgo: HS = head and shoulders. It's on their package. Well, just list any drugstore brand you've tried and compare to the ingredients to a higher-end you use.

Quote "you are paying for the ingredients and quality. Professional brands rarely advertise main stream, and generally you will only see ad's in hair magazines, the way you find out about professional products is mainly through word of mouth. Drug Store bought shampoo's contain so much detergent and sulfates, etc"

Define quality and detergent and how drugstore contains more sulfates. (I would really like to experiment how each bottle contains more sulfate vs the others.) We are not getting what we think we're getting in those bottles whether it's drugstore or high-end. hmm, I may have to get me a bottle of organic/natural line and quick..

Right now im using Sunsilk black shampoo and with that I use KMS California Volume Reconstructor conditioner and Tresemme Deep Conditioner once in a week.

Originally Posted by Flowind /img/forum/go_quote.gif @ hairEgo: HS = head and shoulders. It's on their package. Well, just list any drugstore brand you've tried and compare to the ingredients to a higher-end you use.
Quote "you are paying for the ingredients and quality. Professional brands rarely advertise main stream, and generally you will only see ad's in hair magazines, the way you find out about professional products is mainly through word of mouth. Drug Store bought shampoo's contain so much detergent and sulfates, etc"

Define quality and detergent and how drugstore contains more sulfates. (I would really like to experiment how each bottle contains more sulfate vs the others.) We are not getting what we think we're getting in those bottles whether it's drugstore or high-end. hmm, I may have to get me a bottle of organic/natural line and quick..

Unfortunetly, I don't use nor have I ever used drug store bought products. I'm an industry professional, not a scientist. I worked as a product educator for a high-end salon only product brand, which will remain nameless, we conducted studies on the brand we were representing versus drug store brand shampoo's and conditioners. The PH of the oil level and skin is 4.5-5.5. Inorder for drugstore brand products to be more cost effective they are more alkali. So when you're washing with a Drug Store (which from now on will be refered to as DS) bought product, it really feels like its giving your hair and scalp a good, deep clean...this is becuase the natual oils are being stripped from the scalp causing the ends of your hair to be dry and the scalp to actually produce more oil to compensate for the fact that you are continuously stripping your natural oils. Thats then where the drug store conditioner comes into play, it coats the shaft with tons of wax and needless ingredients to disguse the damage the shampoo has done.

You can argue or challange me forever on this topic and I simply will not see it any other way.

Interesting study you've done, useful in some way.. I don't think I was arguing with you nor did I say it in a harsh tone-I was friendly actually. I was simply asking a question regarding what you said because I thought you may have used both ends and that the results differ greatly from each other. Nor am I trying to change/challenge your way of thinking. Like I said, I'm not a drugstore defender, but rather skeptical of the ingredients in nameless brands on both ends. I do think both salon and drugstore products have their places in this market appealing to different groups of people.

It's a good thing I'm doing here, nah?
policeman.gif

Is head and shoulders good for your hair? I use that at the moment.

Please be civil ladies, everyone is entitle to their own opinion. I think agreeing to disagree is a good idea
smile.gif

I use pureology is the best for curly hair i think and if your hair is color or with highligths this brand will help with the color fading problem.

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Please be civil ladies, everyone is entitle to their own opinion. I think agreeing to disagree is a good idea
smile.gif
Who's not being civil?

Back