What type of Shampoo/Cond do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use L'oreal Vive Pro shampoo for colored hair and Vive Pro creame rinse.. Works good and makes my hair color last longer..

When I can afford it, I use Matrix Sleek.Look shampoo and conditioner. When I can't afford that, I use Aussie products.

For styling, I use Chi products. These last me a lot longer than shampoo and conditioner do, so I can afford to buy these every once and awhile when I run out.
smile.gif

Kinda embarrassing, but Selsum Blue island breeze and the conditioner that comes in a pack of 2 at costco or whatever is on sale. I have way too much hair (both in length and thickness) to use anything costly because it will literally be gone in 2-3 uses even if I use sparingly. I also have this bad flaking problem. Otherwise, it's pretty healthy and shiny for hair that's so long and been through so much. =P

I switch between Biolage hydrating, Deva Curl low poo, and Alterna cavier volumizing. I'm trying to embrace the no sulfate thing but I'm not sure it's doing the job.

Originally Posted by brightlights /img/forum/go_quote.gif I switch between Biolage hydrating, Deva Curl low poo, and Alterna cavier volumizing. I'm trying to embrace the no sulfate thing but I'm not sure it's doing the job. Try any of the shampoo's from Kenra....they are all sulfate free and leave the hair feeling super clean and moisturized!

Originally Posted by Intrigue /img/forum/go_quote.gif What's better Redken or Pureology? It's all personal preference! Pureology is a bit more natural then Redken is, but I do have to say, I persoanlly love Redken!

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you like the Healthy Sexy Soy?? I've wanted to try it, but sadly, t he packaging turns me off! I know, I know...its not what is on the outside, its whats on the inside that counts...but really...i dont want unattractive bottles in my bathroom! I agree with you hair, I wish sexy hair company would revamp there packaging!!!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try any of the shampoo's from Kenra....they are all sulfate free and leave the hair feeling super clean and moisturized! Hi Hair, you know, I was at our trade secret salon store, and Im aching to retry that color platinum shampoo for fine thin hair, the shampoo, and the conditioner, but I need more softness, My hair is medium in texture, and in need of hair softness for my semi permanent hair that is colored, i see 2 for colored hair, the platinum and the regular original bottle for colored hair, Let me know, this sounds good to try.
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by Intrigue /img/forum/go_quote.gif What's better Redken or Pureology? Oh gosh, NO NO Dont try Pureology i tried that blue bottle for straight hair which mines is, and it dried my hair, and with No manageablility i had to return it!!!! I would rather use redkin all soft, but being I semi colored permanent my hair, I have to be choosy on the right hair shampoos and conditioners!!!
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by lavenderpink /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with you hair, I wish sexy hair company would revamp there packaging!!!
rockwoot.gif

Hi Hair, you know, I was at our trade secret salon store, and Im aching to retry that color platinum shampoo for fine thin hair, the shampoo, and the conditioner, but I need more softness, My hair is medium in texture, and in need of hair softness for my semi permanent hair that is colored, i see 2 for colored hair, the platinum and the regular original bottle for colored hair, Let me know, this sounds good to try.
rockwoot.gif

Oh gosh, NO NO Dont try Pureology i tried that blue bottle for straight hair which mines is, and it dried my hair, and with No manageablility i had to return it!!!! I would rather use redkin all soft, but being I semi colored permanent my hair, I have to be choosy on the right hair shampoos and conditioners!!!
glasses.gif

I dont know how to just quote part of the response
frown.gif
lol

Anyway, about the re-vamped Kenra Platinum line....I dont know if you noticed, but they recently added an actual rinse out conditioner to their 'fine/thin' line, before the package change they only had a leave - in for fine hair....what you can try is using the Kenra Platinum shampoo for fine hair, and go with the Conditioner for normal - medium hair (it contains shea butter and mango...so softness here you come!)

I wouldn't suggest going with the original Kenra Colour Maintanence shampoo/conditioner...it's not specific to a hair type so it tends to be quite heavy...we can blame that on the cocnut oil!

LOL Oh man, I could go on for hours....this is what I do for a living...I educate salons and their staff on the different professional lines out there!

I am using Kerastase right now! Fantastic products!

I change all the time, and whenever we get new prod's I must try it!

I use products from L`Oreal professionnel experte, Matrix, KMS California and John Frieda. And i alternate them, as some got more silicone than the others. I also use a claryfing shampoo from Vidal sassoon ocationally, diluted with water.

HairEgo, Goldwell is next on my list of hairproducts to try. My hair is highlighted, so im going try the line directed to this. And the Kerasilk ultra rich treatment.

Originally Posted by Leylani /img/forum/go_quote.gif HairEgo, Goldwell is next on my list of hairproducts to try. My hair is highlighted, so im going try the line directed to this. And the Kerasilk ultra rich treatment. You HAVE to try the new Goldwell Dualsences line....the colour shampoo and 60 second hair treatment are my new obsession!!!

Thank you! I order my products online, so i have added the 60 second treatment to my cart
smile.gif

hairego, i was wondering what do you recomend for my hair is super curly i was using pureology but boy it cost alot here in alaska...

Originally Posted by Leylani /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you! I order my products online, so i have added the 60 second treatment to my cart
smile.gif
Let me know what you think once you get it!

Originally Posted by candygalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif hairego, i was wondering what do you recomend for my hair is super curly i was using pureology but boy it cost alot here in alaska... Curly hair is a lot dryer then straight/wavy hair...think about it this way....straight hair is a straight line...the moisture/vitamins can travel straight from the bottom to the top....curly hair however, is not a straight line....it has all these curves and loops....so often times the moisture/vitamins cannot travel the full length of the hair as it has so many obsticles to over come.Have you tried Abba Pure products before? Pureology and Abba used to be the same company but eventually spilt. Abba Pure is awesome for curly hair, when I used to work with this brand I would recomend it a lot to my clients with ethnic hair. I'm not sure what you look like so just a fact I thought id throw in there.

If you have a difficult time finding the Abba line, alternatively you can use Redken All soft shampoo and conditioner (softens the moisturises the hair with avacado oil), or Joico Moisture Recovery (contains human hair keratin and bio marine nutrients)

Goodluck!

I use Matrix Sleek Look both shampoo and conditioner. I also use Aquage silk/smooth shampoo and conditioner once a week, otherwise my hair gets too flat.
wink.gif

I use a bunch of stuff. I like Clairol Dangerously Straight 2-in-1, Garnier conditioner, Suave Humectant conditioner, Nizoral shampoo, Selsun Blue Moisturizing shampoo, Pantene clarifying shampoo, Pantene Fortifying conditioner, Garnier leave-in, and Nexxus Humectress Luxe leave-in spray.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay...why do you think there is such a price difference between what you purchase in the drugstores, and what you purchase in the salons? Some may say its the name you're paying for, however I strongly disagree...you are paying for the ingredients and quality. I would think if you work around salons you would know people generally get good commissions for selling products because the markup on salon products is so ridiculously high. I'm sure most of them use better ingredients, but it can't possibly be enough to justify the price.
I really like $1.99 Suave Humectress conditioner. Maybe it's not as good as the $19.99 Nexxus conditioner it's trying to copy, but it works really well for me so I'm certainly not paying 10X as much for something else. If you can have good hair with cheap stuff what do you gain from buying expensive stuff?

Back