What type of Shampoo/Cond do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is a good thing to not use the same hairproducts every day. I got my Goldwell products in the mail today, and im going to try them tomorrow.

I use Pantene Ice Clear and it work great for me! My hair is always shiny and healthy. I also have some Paul Mitchell shampo and cond. but is not that great...

I have so much stuff, it's ridiculous. I used to sell stuff on eBay just to get rid of it and I still have loads of stuff in my linen closer. However, the main shampoo I use is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. Been using this since it first came out. My main conditioners are Suave Humectant and Queen Helene Cholesterol for deep conditioning.

I use Herbalife.

My mum is a distributer and it is sort of, you know, 'buy from your own company'. I actually like it and my hair is really strong. Sometimes we buy other brands that others have posted about. I prefer the shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair than the every day shampoo and conditioner.

I agree with HairEgo's original post, that crap just coats the hair and makes your hair dry (of course some things work for some and not others but generally) Yeah I'd just throw that pantene out the window (or in recycling lol) I've read it's about the worst crap out there..

I use DevaCurl products mostly. The No-poo to be specific (it smells so good and makes your hair feel great and is SO moisturizing!)

I swap between Paul Mitchell's deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner,and Burt Bee's, both are expensive but my hair has been in the best condition its ever been in, doesn't get greasy and dandruffy. I stopped using drugstore because a lot contain silicon which used to build up in my hair and made it well not nice. I'm sure some drugstore shampoos won't contain it, but I'm loving my hair currently so it might take me some convincing to go back.

This might sound weird, but I use my dogs shampoo. It contains mink oil, and it makes my hair very shiny and soft.

For conditioner I just use whatever I can get my grubby little hands on.

For shampoo I use this stuff that's for horses...can't think of the name right now.

I now swear by this stuff...the conditioner, not the shampoo.

Dove Therapy-

Dove-Hair-surfboard-therapy_tcm72-33384.jpg

Ok imma weigh in here and i agree with hair ego that salon condishes at least are better esp deep condish BUT not all of us can afford salon products. I mean i can go to sallys and get the gvp stuff which is suppose to be just as good BUTi remember being in hs and middle school not being able to get to a sallys(my mom does not care about quality of things she puts on her hair she still greases her scalp eeek) anywho now i can get to sallys but others may not have one around or simply cant afford sallys stuff. So its not that a lot of people dont know they just cant afford matrix and nexxus all the time. Esp s you got bills and kids. Not saying anything againt he i agree with her but just throwing out reasons why some defend drug store brands.

When I was in the UK, I tended to use the Herbal Essence series (just because they smelled good and made my hair soft). But after I've had my hair straightened and layered, I've switched over to the Vidal Sassoon stuff, especially as the conditioner doesn't leave me any tangles (in addition to the straightened hair). For shampoo, I sometimes switch over to the Head and Shoulders stuff now that I'm in Shanghai, because for some reason I get more dandruff here than elsewhere.

I switch up and can't tell much so far between salon brands and drugstore brands but I have straight healthy hair that doesn't need much attention. Good brands are Aussie, Sebastian, Pantene. I'm thinking about trying shampoo bars but would like more feedback on them.

I am constantly searching for my HG shampoo conditioner and have truckloads of product as a result. It's crazy!

Right now, I am trying John Frieda's Root Awakening for dry hair and L'Oreal's Ever Pure line. So far, I like both of them.

I love leave-in conditioners -- currently using Nexxus Humectress Luxe, Root Awakening, Nexxus Dualiste and sometimes Infusium . I don't use all these at the same time of course, but rotate them. I also liked "It's a 10" leave in but I gave it to my sister who said straightening her hair all the time was drying it out. I haven't been to get another bottle as it's a bit expensive.

My hair is fine, pretty long (mid-back), super thick and curly. My husband said it is like wild, curly cobwebs. LOL I really need moisturization with curl definition. Otherwise, it is just a frowzy mess.

Hey, i read this thread ( i don't know why i didn't do this earlier
kopfkratz.gif
)

I use the L'oreal Professionel Series expert for colored hair.

I get along with it very very good, so, i'm not going to change it!

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Really?! I hate, hate, hate bedhead and tigi products! I HATE Tigi, too. They use really harsh detergents - they strip all moisture off my hair. My hair has never looked worse than when I used Tigi.

Wow, this is strange, my friend is using Bedhead but she never complained
frown.gif

Well...i'm sorry to hear this from you!

Try my shampoo
biggrin.gif
L'oreal Professional for damaged hair, it will do miracles!!!!

Originally Posted by beautips /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, this is strange, my friend is using Bedhead but she never complained
frown.gif
Well...i'm sorry to hear this from you!

Try my shampoo
biggrin.gif
L'oreal Professional for damaged hair, it will do miracles!!!!

I think it depends on hair type. If your friend has healthy hair, she might like it. But I need a lot of moisture and mild detergents.

Thanks for the rec. :)

I'm using Tigi Superstar right now, but I'm not liking it as much as I did the Aussie Volumising stuff I've just used up.

Back