Whats the best mascara you've ever used??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the mascara that I've tried has pretty much been the same. I've never find a mascara that makes me go "wow, I love this stuff". I think I have retarded eyelash = (

Originally Posted by Jennifer2k89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif All of the mascara that I've tried has pretty much been the same. I've never find a mascara that makes me go "wow, I love this stuff". I agree. They all contain basically the same ingredients anyway.

Does anyone else think that mascara smells like shoe polish?

I digress.

I think on this thread before I said that I love Dejavu Fiberwig. Well, I do! But, while in Chicago the other day, as a present to myself for having to sit on the train for 4.5 hours due to an electrical outage, I went to Sephora and tried Diorshow mascara. I was underwhelmed. I then went to Nordstrom to try YSL Faux Clis and I bought it. I really liked it. My only complaint is that it might flake off too much for me. I really don't know because I didn't experiment with it. I do know that it is NOT waterproof and I DO know that it smudged when I rubbed my eye. But I had no other makeup on that day and I was having really bad contractions and didn't care what I looked like so I wasn't careful in not touching my face or my hair excessively. So, will report back when I'm in a better frame of mind
smile.gif

Warmly,

Brandi

P.S. Still love the Dejavu Fiberwig!

I used Max Factor Volume Courture..

hmm I think I'd try Covergirl's Lashblast next to compare

The best mascara, which never smudges, looks dramatic, and does all the things mascara should do at once! Love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was college age, in the 1980s, I remember going to a Lancome counter for the first time and having my makeup done. The beauty advisor selected a mascara called "Stylocils Mascara Precis" for me, which had the narrowest, thinnest little brush. She advised this would work best for my lashes, because they were short. I thought the mascara was so unique, and I felt so glamorous and elegant with it--it was my first luxury mascara. I think that was my all time favorite mascara. It was very easy to use. I'm very nostalgic about the beauty products of my younger days. In the present, I don't know what my favorite is. I have 15 mascaras, all from beauty boxes and gifts with purchase. I'm using up Cover Girl "Katy Kat Eye" now, as I believe it is my oldest mascara. I got it in the August 2016 Target Beauty Box! But this does not really answer the question of this thread ... there are so many mascaras, I don't really know which is best. Every week they invent a new type of brush. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't judge but....seventeen do the best mascara ever especially the blow out x12 one. 100% recommend! It really is voluminous and well the brush is just stunning and slim. 

Check out Lash Boost from Rodan + Fields. Within weeks of consistent usage, this will help grow out your natural lashes and make them look even better with the right mascara. :)

I love Benefit's "They're Real." For smoother application, I hold the tube in my armpit to warm it up as I'm applying the rest of my makeup. I'd use my cleavage but I'm lacking in that department. 

Back