What's Your height?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 5'4" but the rest of my family is really tall. My mom is 5'8" and my sister is 5'11", all my female cousins are over 5'8", my dad was 6'4" and all of his brothers are over 6'2" Don't know what happened with me!

Quote: Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get asked the dumbest questions. Like have you always been tall? Or people assume I like basketball (yuck). That's crazy about the children's menu.

HAVE YOU ALWAYS BEEN TALL? LMAO hahahhaaaaaaaaa You should say that you started off at about five feet tall, and nelly tore up u mama when she gave birth to you. WTH kind of question is that? hahahahahaaaa 

I'm 5' 3.5" yes, I add the half inch. Because it matters. LOL Like a little kid telling their age, "I'm four AND A HALF years old!"

I did ok considering my mama is about 5' and my dad was about 5' 8" 

I have one sibling. My brother is about 5' 7-8"

My driver's license says I'm 5'4" 
whistling.gif
 Wonder how that happened? We won't mention what weight appeared on my license. Funny how that goes.

I'm 6'4"

Wait...I added a foot there. /sad face/ I'm really only 5'4". I wish I was really,really tall! If people ask me something stupid like "How's the weather up there?" I could spit on them and say "It's raining."

Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm 6'4"

Wait...I added a foot there. /sad face/ I'm really only 5'4". I wish I was really,really tall! If people ask me something stupid like "How's the weather up there?" I could spit on them and say "It's raining."

rofl2.gif

Quote:You just wait till I work up to higher heels girl! Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  5'5"

But I'm almost never without my gigantic platforms/heels.

Like...stripper worthy. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I look like, 6'2" lol

I'm 6.0 Yeah. I'm sorta tall. But I don't play basketball. (ewww) I play volleyball and Softball.

I'm 5'5" which is supposed to be the average for U.S. women, but I usually feel like I'm kinda short. I hardly meet any ladies who are shorter than me. Most are same height or taller.

4'11''

While getting my hair done I was talking to the owners daughter about her nails, how cute they were, and about music. Suddenly I had the urge to ask her how old I was because she started to talk to me about school. She told me she thought I was in middle school, so like a year ahead of her since she was still in elementary.........I was just finishing my second year of college!!!

I'm 5'11" but always tell guys I'm 5'10" which is somehow less intimidating to them.  I hated being tall growing up, especially when I was taller than all of the boys, but I've started embracing it in the last couple of years.  Last week I was in the elevator at the office wearing 4 inch heels when 3 guys stepped in.  They proceeded to discuss how tall I was, how I was like an Amazon woman, etc. as if I wasn't even standing there.  When I got out, I burst out laughing and felt like never taking those heels off.

Quote:Great story and great attitude.  Kudos!  I believe in embracing who we are and loving it!  Thanks for that story.  It made my day. Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm 5'11" but always tell guys I'm 5'10" which is somehow less intimidating to them.  I hated being tall growing up, especially when I was taller than all of the boys, but I've started embracing it in the last couple of years.  Last week I was in the elevator at the office wearing 4 inch heels when 3 guys stepped in.  They proceeded to discuss how tall I was, how I was like an Amazon woman, etc. as if I wasn't even standing there.  When I got out, I burst out laughing and felt like never taking those heels off.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some how I wind up with shorties as friends.
oh yes, my best friend is 4'11"! LOL We went to Applebees for lunch one time and the ditzy waitress asked her if she wanted a child's menu...we were 26 at the time! She was LIVID! I said: "Well Candy, love, you ARE standing next to amazon woman!" Hahaha! Sorry to quote this from so long ago, @CheshireCookie but I couldn't pass it up.... you and your bestie are.... CANDY AND COOKIE!!! 
rofl2.gif

Ah yes, and I'm (almost) 5'4".  I used to wear heels so much my ex said he'd report my height as 5'7" if I went missing (which is a weird threat, but he was a weird guy).  Now that I have kids to run after, most of my heels are on an extended sabbatical, but I still visit them in the closet sometimes!  We have tea parties.

Back