What's Your height?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 5'9", my dad is 6'8" and my mom is 5'1", so I'm the nice little mix in the middle I suppose, but I always wish I were taller. My boyfriend is 5'8", so I always wear flats too, but lets' be honest, I'm not about to hobble around in heels looking like an idiot (I obviously have difficulty walking in them) so I use him for an excuse 
rolleyes1.gif

Trust me when I say.......being tall ain't all it's cracked up to be! LOL Finding pants that fit is an obnoxious ordeal (37" inseam! EEP!), especially since you can always take off, but you can't add on! and it made finding a tall enough man a more difficult ordeal (unless you don't mind being taller than him
smile.gif
) What cracked me up when I was dating is finding those men who SAY they're a certain height...and I swear to you...they're not! Haha! "I'm 6'3"...
add_twinkle.gif
"....."Oh? Then why are you an inch shorter than me when we're both barefoot?
plain.gif
"

LOL! Enjoy being shorter than you'd like! More pants/men/shoes opportunities!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Trust me when I say.......being tall ain't all it's cracked up to be! LOL Finding pants that fit is an obnoxious ordeal (37" inseam! EEP!), especially since you can always take off, but you can't add on! and it made finding a tall enough man a more difficult ordeal (unless you don't mind being taller than him
smile.gif
) What cracked me up when I was dating is finding those men who SAY they're a certain height...and I swear to you...they're not! Haha! "I'm 6'3"...
add_twinkle.gif
plain.gif
"

Oh an I do!  I like my bf being taller 6'0 since I like wearing heels.  (am I in the minority with heels?)  lol ..Cuddling up is nice too being smaller.

Trust me when I say.......being tall ain't all it's cracked up to be! LOL Finding pants that fit is an obnoxious ordeal (37" inseam! EEP!), especially since you can always take off, but you can't add on! and it made finding a tall enough man a more difficult ordeal (unless you don't mind being taller than him :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) What cracked me up when I was dating is finding those men who SAY they're a certain height...and I swear to you...they're not! Haha! "I'm 6'3"...:add_twinkle: "....."Oh? Then why are you an inch shorter than me when we're both barefoot? :plain: " LOL! Enjoy being shorter than you'd like! More pants/men/shoes opportunities!
Lol I had so many guys tell me they were 6 feet or taller and then we met and I was taller than them. Always cracked me up! I too wish buying pants was easier. Short inseams is another reason I wear ballet flats so often.

smile.gif
add_twinkle.gif
plain.gif
"

My daughter is 15yrs old 5'9" and a size 2.  Finding pants long enough (especially in a size 2!) is always a project.  Now that the weather has gotten colder she's so happy it's boot season.  Now she can wear all her skinny jeans & leggings and no one will know the bottoms are several inches above her ankles. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by la rubia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My daughter is 15yrs old 5'9" and a size 2.  Finding pants long enough (especially in a size 2!) is always a project.  Now that the weather has gotten colder she's so happy it's boot season.  Now she can wear all her skinny jeans & leggings and no one will know the bottoms are several inches above her ankles. lol

Hahaha, that is too funny! @la rubia Does NJ have a Buckle store? They have fantastic long jeans that come in super small sizes as well. I'm unfortunately not a size 2, haha, but I have great luck with New York & Co. for long jeans as well.

Hahaha, that is too funny! @la rubia Does NJ have a Buckle store? They have fantastic long jeans that come in super small sizes as well. I'm unfortunately not a size 2, haha, but I have great luck with New York & Co. for long jeans as well.
No Buckle stores around here.  We do have New York & Co. at the mall so we'll have to check out jeans in there.  When I posted my height on here back in July I thought my daughter was still 5'8", but she's been measured since and she grew another inch in the past year and is up to 5'9" now.  Wonder if she's done growing yet.  I feel for you at 6'3" My daughter has problems with boys being tall enough and finding pants and she's 6in. shorter than you!  Before the first day of school she said she hoped the cute boys in school had a growth spurt over the summer! lol

I am 5'2" as well and love my height, my DH is 6'2". I like feeling tiny! Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Quote: Originally Posted by Spazkatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am 5'2" as well and love my height, my DH is 6'2". I like feeling tiny!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Exactly!!! I like feeling tiny too.. I'm 5-4  and bf os 6'-1

I am 4'10" tall and I am quite used to being the shortest (or at least among the shortest) adults in a room at any given time. I have three younger siblings, all of who are taller. We actually go in reverse stair step for height to age, my youngest brother is the tallest (about 6', I think). But I like being short and being tiny has advantages ^_~

Back