What's Your height?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 5'4.5" but because my legs and arms are so freakishly long in comparison with the rest of me everyone always seems to think I'm much taller. I have two friends who are an inch or so shorter and whenever they try on something that's too long when we go shopping together they'll shout "Give it to the giant!" which sales staff always seem to find hysterical once they see the minuscule height differential.

I'm tiny.. 5'0 maybe on a good day with taller shoes on 5'1. My shoe size is 4.5 if possible most of the time I have to get a 5 though.. since 4.5 is so rare.

Quote:  I am enjoying heels while I can. Single, dating.  (He is tall)  So 3-4" heels I still have to reach.  Not many in the closet yet.. so the ones I have needs friends..  hehe Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry to quote this from so long ago, @CheshireCookie but I couldn't pass it up.... you and your bestie are.... CANDY AND COOKIE!!! 
rofl2.gif

Ah yes, and I'm (almost) 5'4".  I used to wear heels so much my ex said he'd report my height as 5'7" if I went missing (which is a weird threat, but he was a weird guy).  Now that I have kids to run after, most of my heels are on an extended sabbatical, but I still visit them in the closet sometimes!  We have tea parties.

I'm 5'7" but for some reason, in my mind, I'm much taller.  My 2 best friends are both around 5'10" or 5'11" and I always think we're all the same height, until I see a picture of us together. 

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry to quote this from so long ago, @CheshireCookie but I couldn't pass it up.... you and your bestie are.... CANDY AND COOKIE!!! 
rofl2.gif

Ah yes, and I'm (almost) 5'4".  I used to wear heels so much my ex said he'd report my height as 5'7" if I went missing (which is a weird threat, but he was a weird guy).  Now that I have kids to run after, most of my heels are on an extended sabbatical, but I still visit them in the closet sometimes!  We have tea parties.

LOL! @magicalmom, yes, yes we are!
roflmao.gif

I am 5'9.5  I usually wear flats because I am always chasing kids.  But, I will have to admit that I look good in heels I weigh 130 and have a slim dancer like build and legs for days.  When I wear heels my legs are were all mens eyes tend to gravitate.  And, thank God for that since I am only an a-cup up top.  Thankfully my husband is a leg man and not a breast man:) Also, when I wear heels I end up being about 6 foot or taller, but my husband is 6'5 so it all works out.

My height is 5.2". I know it's very short but what to do. It is what I am. But I don't care. I like myself.

It seems like everyone is fine with men being taller than woman they're married to/dating.  Do you think it looks awkward if woman is taller?  My boyfriend is same height as me so I tend to wear flats around him.  He says he doesn't care if I'm taller than him with heels but I somehow feel like everyone thinks it's a mismatch.  Is that my childhood insecurity of being too tall just creeping up?

Quote:  I think it depends on the guy. Guys want to feel bigger and stronger I guess.   If he's ok with the woman being taller than all is good.  Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It seems like everyone is fine with men being taller than woman they're married to/dating.  Do you think it looks awkward if woman is taller?  My boyfriend is same height as me so I tend to wear flats around him.  He says he doesn't care if I'm taller than him with heels but I somehow feel like everyone thinks it's a mismatch.  Is that my childhood insecurity of being too tall just creeping up?

Hi! This is a fun question. I'm 6'0. I hit 5'10 around my freshman year of high school and hated it. Then I grew up, realized I love attention, and started wearing heels. I have no problem putting on a pair of 5-6 inch platforms and heading out. The other benefit is that I got very sick and had to start on steroids, which I'll take the rest of my life, and with them came weight gain and when you're tall you can gain more weight without it showing as much. So in that situation I'm very glad I'm tall!

Quote: Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My husband is about an inch taller than me, but on the rare occasion I do wear heels, he doesn't mind.  I rarely wear anything taller than the 1 1/2 inch heel on my motorcycle boots though.

Yup, I was insecure as a teen and grew out of it. My husband is 5'8 to my 6'0 in stocking feet and I regularly wear 5+ inch heels. He loves it, he loves the attention he gets from being with a very tall woman and he loves how I look in heels. It's hard to find men who are 6'6 and taller without going to the NBA, LOL. So if you want to wear heels and your husband is secure enough, then go for it!!

I'm 5'7 and before I used to be known as very tall but now it seems as everyone towers over me. It doesn't really bother me about my height though which I think is a good thing.

Seems that many woman want to be taller or wishing they were taller.  Am I alone in being happy to be 5'-4"?  I am happy to be shorter and on the small side overall.  Mostly due to my situation I guess.  I know I can't reach many things on a top shelf and have to ask for assistance.  I don't always wear heels either. 

Who else likes being short?

Quote: Originally Posted by BoySarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Seems that many woman want to be taller or wishing they were taller.  Am I alone in being happy to be 5'-4"?  I am happy to be shorter and on the small side overall.  Mostly due to my situation I guess.  I know I can't reach many things on a top shelf and have to ask for assistance.  I don't always wear heels either. 

Who else likes being short?

Same height (5'4") and I love it  
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  There's always either someone taller or a handy stool around when I need to reach something, and I have several friends who are even smaller, so I don't actually feel like I'm that short.  But I feel that everyone should be comfortable in their own skin.  Or heels.  Or ballet flats.  Or whatever shoes you want to wear, lol.

Yeah I agree. I'm not a fan of heels either, I personally wear ballet flats. Every so often though I do enjoy wearing boots every once in awhile, but I love Doc Martens. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm a 5'3 and I like my height. But the guys around my age are around 5'6 or 5'8. So whenever I'm around them and wearing my heels at the same time, I feel like I'm a giant :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back