What's your nail look?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So what are you all sporting on your nails right now?

Me--I got acrylics back on about a month ago. I love my fake nails!
icon_redface.gif
I have 'em short with a French manicure.

Short because they are very brittle and brake very easy. I use clear nail polish always since I can't grow them
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam So what are you all sporting on your nails right now?Me--I got acrylics back on about a month ago. I love my fake nails!
icon_redface.gif
I have 'em short with a French manicure.

Originally Posted by charms23 I have mine short with no nail polish...sometimes its just a pain to deal with chipping. I'm with ya on this Charms! I keep mine short, with no polish.
I just don't like the feeling of polish on my fingernails. I only will paint my toes & that's a rare occasion. Just one of those weird things, I guess.

Mine are short but not because I like them short, but because I bite them. Its like a nervouse/anxious/stressed thing that I do.

Sometimes, I will get acrylic nails and when I do, I get the pink& white acrylic combo.

I rarely paint my fingernails cause I am just too lazy and impatient waiting for the polish to dry. if I do I paint them pastel pink or creamy white. if there is a special occasion I´ll pent them dark red, matching my toenails.

but I cannot let anybody see my toenails when they´re not painted. weird, hu? I usually paint them classic dark red or pastel pink

and I used to bite them too. but then I got braces when I was 14 and couldn´t bite them no more. so I just got rid of that bad habit, thank god

I'm also blessed with strong nails that I can often grow fairly long -- the only problem is they tend to curl if they get too long. Once they get long enough that I'm hitting my computer keys with my nails instead of my fingers, I trim them! lol I also always keep the corners rounded, I don't like the square nail look.

During the school year I almost never paint my nails -- painting my nails means there are a few hours where I can't type while my polish and top coat dries, so that means I can't do my homework! However when I have time to paint them, I tend to use pastel, shimmery or metallic colors like pinks, lavenders, and light coppers.

However I always keep my toenails polished, even in the winter (for some reason I think my toes look gross without polish but I love them with polish!) I like to use darker colors and sometimes even glitter on my toes (pale colors don't look as nice with my pale feet!), and I like to use a lot of reds, dark pinks, purples, and occasionally turquoise. I feel more comfortable using crazy colors and glitter on my toes than my fingers for some reason!
smile.gif

i usually don't put anything on my finger nails because they always chip from me washing dishes or something. sometime's i'll put on a clear coat or something has like a nail fortifier (sp?).

i usually paint my toes though. i'll do like pinks, light purples, and i just got a bright red hehe. all of them have a little shimmer to it beacuse i hate matte anything. lol. not huge glitter flakes though!

I love leaving mine grow but they chip really easily which i hate. And i almost always have them french polished too..

I like my nails quite short and they are normally polish free. But i do like to use bright colours in the summer!!

Originally Posted by lilla Short because they are very brittle and brake very easy. I use clear nail polish always since I can't grow them
icon_cry.gif
i have the same problem whenever i get my acrylics off. sally hansen's miracle growth is WOW. my nails literally grew in a week and mine NEVER grow. they were also SO strong.
i love acrylics and plan on getting them again. i found a salon down the street from me that does them for $22 and fill-ins are $15, as oppose to the other salons in my area, which are at least $40. i don't drive, so the reason why i didn't keep them on was because i had to ask my brother to drive me to yonkers (which is near me, but not enough to walk), which i hated doing.

now, i just keep them polished clear because i peel them too much. every time i see white, off they go!

ever since i started taking biotin vitamins, they've become SO strong and grow fast. my nails were always so weak and brittle from tips, but not anymore.

i only use a noticable white on my toes, like an off-white.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 i usually don't put anything on my finger nails because they always chip from me washing dishes or something. sometime's i'll put on a clear coat or something has like a nail fortifier (sp?).
i usually paint my toes though. i'll do like pinks, light purples, and i just got a bright red hehe. all of them have a little shimmer to it beacuse i hate matte anything. lol. not huge glitter flakes though!

Have you ever tried wearing rubber gloves while you wash dishes or clean? I always do when my nails are done to help protect them, and it helps your hands from drying out too!

Jennifer, how much mg do you take biotin a day? What brand are they? Where do you buy them? TIA
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer ever since i started taking biotin vitamins, they've become SO strong and grow fast. my nails were always so weak and brittle from tips, but not anymore.

My nails grow really fast, but were never really that strong - they'd always chip & break... so I've had acrylics on for so long now i can't remember!
icon_redface.gif
I used to have them somewhat long - when I worked at the tanning salon & the hair salon - it didn't really matter, now that I'm typing all the time, the clacking away was driving me crazy! LOL I usually have them I guess 1/4" past fingertips... but I got them done the other day & I had them cut... he cut them REALLY short! lol
icon_eek.gif
Although I think short nails make my fingers look like sausages - I'm liking how much easier it is to type though! LOL But polish never lasts on my natural nails... on the acrylics - it lasts until I take it off... usually every 2 weeks when I get my fill in. I only get tips when I do a full set (every few months - or sometimes longer) when they cut my nails down to skin... other than that - I just get fill ins and it's just acrylic over my natural nails... tips eventually grow out. I like to get pedicures in the summer a lot... in the winter - I just polish them myself when I remember. Right now I have an Ulta polish on - in "tickled pink"... light pink w/ a little shimmer. (but sooo short! lol)
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 My nails grow really fast, but were never really that strong - they'd always chip & break... so I've had acrylics on for so long now i can't remember!
icon_redface.gif
I used to have them somewhat long - when I worked at the tanning salon & the hair salon - it didn't really matter, now that I'm typing all the time, the clacking away was driving me crazy! LOL I usually have them I guess 1/4" past fingertips... but I got them done the other day & I had them cut... he cut them REALLY short! lol
icon_eek.gif
Although I think short nails make my fingers look like sausages - I'm liking how much easier it is to type though! LOL But polish never lasts on my natural nails... on the acrylics - it lasts until I take it off... usually every 2 weeks when I get my fill in. I only get tips when I do a full set (every few months - or sometimes longer) when they cut my nails down to skin... other than that - I just get fill ins and it's just acrylic over my natural nails... tips eventually grow out. I like to get pedicures in the summer a lot... in the winter - I just polish them myself when I remember. Right now I have an Ulta polish on - in "tickled pink"... light pink w/ a little shimmer. (but sooo short! lol)
icon_redface.gif
OT for Janelle: Is that ring from your man??
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux OT for Janelle: Is that ring from your man??
wink.gif
Nah! LOL It's old... had it since High School (from an old 'man' shhh!) I have another ring on the other hand, so I just wear this one on the other LOL It's my wear everyday ring - I forget its even there half the time! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Right now my nails are probably as long as Janelle's in the picture she posted, but I always keep them rounded off because the corners tend to curl down if I let them get square! (Plus my nails are so wide in proportion to my narrow fingers, square nails make my fingers look fat!) By the way Janelle, very pretty color, pretty similar to some of my own polishes
biggrin.gif

The only time I've ever had a manicure is when I was a bridesmaid in a wedding and the bride paid for everyone to have matching manicures (and I found out that French manicures also make my fingers look fat due to the horizontal white stripe and how my nails get wider at the end, whereas my normal solid color elongates my fingers!) But I hate being fussed over (and I don't want to spend the money on manicures), and I love taking a lazy afternoon to paint my nails and read a book or watch TV! In high school I painted my nails every Sunday afternoon while I sat at the kitchen table and talked to my mom, since she always baked on Sundays. Ah those were the days....
wink.gif

Thanks Jen! Mine will curl down a bit too at the edges... but w/ the acrylic over them - they wont. Unless it's time for a full set, and my nails are long & are starting to peel away from the acrylic on the edges...
icon_wink.gif

I don't do my nails other than toe nails. I have Dior pink nail polish on my toe nails right now. I need to go buy some more nailpolish from like Opi etc. Different colors for the summer.

Latest posts

Back