What's Your Status?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Single. Sorry to hear that Lucy
frown.gif

In a "serious" relationship.
smile.gif
haha, I think there should be stages for relationships. We've been together 3 years... :cool:

And sorry Lucy!
frown.gif

yeah, i'm ok guys!

it had been coming for a while and it's something i was really ready for. i'm a lot happier now
smile.gif

Hi..been wondering..How can you say that you're in a serious relationship? How would you know if he/she is really into you and just/only into you? I don't know if this is already off topic but i keep on thinking about it these days...

I'm in a relationship right now..we used to be ex but we're back together. I just got him back because I told him so, and he's ok with it(being together again). How would you feel if he's just telling you that he loves you but seems like he's not doing anything to prove it. I'm going nuts about it already...

Originally Posted by skinbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi..been wondering..How can you say that you're in a serious relationship? How would you know if he/she is really into you and just/only into you? I don't know if this is already off topic but i keep on thinking about it these days...
I'm in a relationship right now..we used to be ex but we're back together. I just got him back because I told him so, and he's ok with it(being together again). How would you feel if he's just telling you that he loves you but seems like he's not doing anything to prove it. I'm going nuts about it already..e.

Umm you just answered your own question. Why would you go back with someone that takes you back just because you said so?

What proof would you require if he already says he loves you?

...some women find it hard to get their men to tell them they love them.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Umm you just answered your own question. Why would you go back with someone that takes you back just because you said so? Should I break up with him already? I still love him that's why I go back with him..I told him that I still love him and I want him back..and it's like I took control and he just grabs it. Do you think I'm awful? haaaayyy...

Anyway...you can continue posting with your status...ehe

No, Im confused by what you said anyway. Seems like you said hes with you because you said so. It sounds weird reading it. I think you should start a seperate thread. lol

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif What proof would you require if he already says he loves you?

...some women find it hard to get their men to tell them they love them.

Well..I always want him to be always by my side and I want him to be always there when I needed him the most. But seems like he's not actually like that. When I wanted him to pick me up in a place, there are times that he would refuse...It's really hard, I don't know if I'm already asking too much...

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, Im confused by what you said anyway. Seems like you said hes with you because you said so. It sounds weird reading it. I think you should start a seperate thread. lol haha sorry...I should have started a new thread than disturbing this thread with my weird problem hehe

I suppose it depends on how you've asked him. My DH of 14 years, relationship of 17years would say no if he has something else he needs to do or would rather do or even just because he doesn't want to. I give him that because he isn't my chauffeur and he has a free will in our relationship.

Maybe you should evaluate whether you want a man by your side or a dog? Men have free will and capable of deciding what they want to do and are equal contributing partners. Usually, the meaning of 'always being by my side' is that they'll be there thru good and bad times, not to take you to the store.

Originally Posted by skinbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Should I break up with him already? I still love him that's why I go back with him..I told him that I still love him and I want him back..and it's like I took control and he just grabs it. Do you think I'm awful? haaaayyy...

Anyway...you can continue posting with your status...ehe

He sounds like he doesn't know what he wants, and you're not too sure of yourself either.
I was in your situation once. Was dating this guy for almost a yr, but he didn't want to commit. Our relationship was not moving forward. I felt that we would never take the next step. I was pushing, he was pulling back. Were we a "couple" or still just "kickin' it?" We (but mostly I) talked and tried to be honest instead of avoiding. Bottom line was that he wasn't ready to settle down into a serious relationship. He wasn't sure what he wanted.

What do you do when men won't commit? You can jump ship at the first sign of panic and save yourself the heartache of attachment and endless tears, or you can sit there on the turbulent seas of his indecisiveness hanging on for dear life and praying that you don't get tossed overboard before you find his emotional life preserver...but realistically speaking, why bother?

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I suppose it depends on how you've asked him. My DH of 14 years, relationship of 17years would say no if he has something else he needs to do or would rather do or even just because he doesn't want to. I give him that because he isn't my chauffeur and he has a free will in our relationship.
Maybe you should evaluate whether you want a man by your side or a dog? Men have free will and capable of deciding what they want to do and are equal contributing partners. Usually, the meaning of 'always being by my side' is that they'll be there thru good and bad times, not to take you to the store.

Hmm..ofcourse I need a man by my side..maybe I was just looking for something that would make me feel that I'm special for him..

If you ask men 'what qualities drew you to the girl you fell in love with?' Many would answer..her independence. I don't think he fell in love with you because you were a damsel in distress that constantly needed rescuing. I think gone are the days that men fall in love with a helpless girl.

Women and men want an equal partner and equal partners do equal share in maintaining their relationship. You said he refuses to meet you sometimes. Perhaps his concession is that he will meet you where you want...sometimes.

Originally Posted by blueangel1023 /img/forum/go_quote.gif He sounds like he doesn't know what he wants, and you're not too sure of yourself either.
I was in your situation once. Was dating this guy for almost a yr, but he didn't want to commit. Our relationship was not moving forward. I felt that we would never take the next step. I was pushing, he was pulling back. Were we a "couple" or still just "kickin' it?" We (but mostly I) talked and tried to be honest instead of avoiding. Bottom line was that he wasn't ready to settle down into a serious relationship. He wasn't sure what he wanted.

What do you do when men won't commit? You can jump ship at the first sign of panic and save yourself the heartache of attachment and endless tears, or you can sit there on the turbulent seas of his indecisiveness hanging on for dear life and praying that you don't get tossed overboard before you find his emotional life preserver...but realistically speaking, why bother?

I guess you are right..you have good point on that..I think I should ask him about commitment or something..I have to clear everything about us..I keep acting to be cool about us although I'm really not...I am sure that I do love him but I feel like asking these questions because I was confused with what he really felt about me..

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you ask men 'what qualities drew you to the girl you fell in love with?' Many would answer..her independence. I don't think he fell in love with you because you were a damsel in distress that constantly needed rescuing. I think gone are the days that men fall in love with a helpless girl.
Women and men want an equal partner and equal partners do equal share in maintaining their relationship. You said he refuses to meet you sometimes. Perhaps his concession is that he will meet you where you want...sometimes.

hmmm what do you mean about meeting me where I want...? Is that what also in my mind?hehe I agree with that, that gone are the days that men fall in love with helpless girls..I'm not really that kind of girl but I was just testing him..hmm wait.. now i realized I'm getting immature..LOL

Back