White Apricot's Green Grab Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They replied and said that I will be getting an April bag if I sign up.. still thinking about it

Originally Posted by ladybritt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just emailed them to ask if I sign up today can I still get the March bag. I doubt they will say yes but I guess its worth a shot.
I signed up on March 2nd and will be getting an April bag, so probably not.  I'm excited for my first bag, I hope it is as good as the one you ladies got! I'm not sure I will be keeping it, I guess the products I get will be the deciding factor

I get Eco Emi, too, so I'm not sure if I will stick with it. I'm thinking of cancelling my Eco Emi as well and just sticking with Birchbox and BeautyFix. I have way too many beauty items I don't need/use

I have been with them for two months and have received more makeup items from them than other subscription services. I don't believe they are geared toward makeup per say but do seem to offer a nice variety of products. Last month I received a vapour organics stick that can be used as a blush, eyeshadow, or on my lips, as well as a mineral eyeshadow. This month we received a lovely lip gloss.  

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

is this more of a makeup geared subscription?

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been with them for two months and have received more makeup items from them than other subscription services. I don't believe they are geared toward makeup per say but do seem to offer a nice variety of products. Last month I received a vapour organics stick that can be used as a blush, eyeshadow, or on my lips, as well as a mineral eyeshadow. This month we received a lovely lip gloss.  
Ooh, that stick sounds really nice! I've never tried an all in one kind of thing like that before, may have to find a cheapie one to experiment with.

Ditto ladybritt above:  I currently have 9 subs (I clearly need an intervention!) and GGB seems to provide the most makeup consistently.  We seem to get at least one to two pieces of makeup monthly.  While I didn't care for the stick we received last month (it wasn't my color...but it was a fantastic and LARGE product), I also received an eyeshadow that I use semi-frequently.  This month I received a full size lip gloss. I also consider the Kabuki Brush and corresponding coupon code for $15 to Mineralhygenics.com to be makeup, since you could have purchased $15 worth of makeup on that site for free.

That said, makeup really isn't the intended focus (as far as I know), so don't kill me if they don't have any makeup in the April bag! 

I LOVE Green grab bag!!  I've been subscribed for 2 months now, and I love the actual make-up products ... I've recently been trying to incorporate more organic / all-natural makeup products into my routine so this is perfect for that.  I also am subscribed to Eco-Emi but have less use for some of the non-makeup or body care products, but it does seem to be a nice value.  I didn't receive a kabuki brush in my green grab bag though which I guess I'm kind of glad since I have a ton of brushes already...I got a mineral face powder instead of the brush.  I didn't know that there were variations in the bags so that's new to me...

Oh, actually, I think it's kind of stupid they sent out the kabuki brush (they must have ran out of the mineral finishing powder) because of one of the coupon codes for the $15 mini starter kit that actually includes a kabuki brush (not sure if it's the same one) which I just ordered.

Does anyone have a copun code they wont be using? I actually do need some makeup brushes. You can PM me if you would like instead of posting it on here.

I just got my first Green Grab Bag on Monday. I Love it!! I got the mineral powder in my bag insead of the kabuki brush. Can't wait to try it out. If I like it I'm going to use my coupon to buy the starter kit.

I just ordered a kabuki brush online, darn! Should have signed up a month earlier
smileno.gif

The coupon code for mineral hygienic website is "whitefinish" for both the $15 free and the $15 starter kit...anyone can use it, you don't need to be a green grab bag member.

What are the 9 subs you receive?! 

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ditto ladybritt above:  I currently have 9 subs (I clearly need an intervention!) and GGB seems to provide the most makeup consistently.  We seem to get at least one to two pieces of makeup monthly.  While I didn't care for the stick we received last month (it wasn't my color...but it was a fantastic and LARGE product), I also received an eyeshadow that I use semi-frequently.  This month I received a full size lip gloss. I also consider the Kabuki Brush and corresponding coupon code for $15 to Mineralhygenics.com to be makeup, since you could have purchased $15 worth of makeup on that site for free.

That said, makeup really isn't the intended focus (as far as I know), so don't kill me if they don't have any makeup in the April bag! 

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I currently have 2 Birchbox subs (I got an extra for the teen vogue box, but think I'll keep both for now to see how different the monthly boxes are), green grab bag, sample society, love with food, the look bag, sindulge, blissmobox, goodebox, and stitchfix. I did try myplatinumbox, but had a horrible experience so I canceled it. 

I keep adding more each month--though a few of them I haven't been impressed with, so I'm pondering canceling.  I try to give everything a solid 3-month trial run.  It gets expensive but it's cheaper than ordering clothes online--which is what I'd be doing if I wasn't ordering new subscriptions lol! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghan Leigh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been debating signing up for either this one or Conscious Box for a couple of months to try it out.  It would likely replace Sample Society for me, even though I loved my first SS box, I have been trying to use more natural, healthier products in my life.  Do any of you have both this one and Conscious Box? IF so, which do you prefer?

Honestly, I haven't subscribed to Green Grab Bag. I've looked through a ton of reviews, and while the products are okay, I have actually found almost every single sample already for free at the local natural grocer and enviro-friendly shops. They are nice products, for sure, but nothing special, and you don't get nearly as many products as in Conscious Box. Conscious Box wows me every time I get one, and they have superb customer service. I don't know anything about GGB's marketing or customer service, but Conscious Box just does an amazing job every time. The values are also incredible on the boxes.

I noticed they charge shipping. How many products are usually in the box? Its the most expensive subscription I have seen so far. 

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly, I haven't subscribed to Green Grab Bag. I've looked through a ton of reviews, and while the products are okay, I have actually found almost every single sample already for free at the local natural grocer and enviro-friendly shops. They are nice products, for sure, but nothing special, and you don't get nearly as many products as in Conscious Box. Conscious Box wows me every time I get one, and they have superb customer service. I don't know anything about GGB's marketing or customer service, but Conscious Box just does an amazing job every time. The values are also incredible on the boxes.

I love ggb and it's one of my fav subs! I personally don't have those type of stores where I live so I'm not able to get samples for free, but so far I've enjoyed everything so much I'd be willing to pay for them. I just signed up for Conscious box after getting sucked in thanks to youtube reviews!
laughing.gif
 It is a bit pricey but I signed up and paid for the 3 month so that saves me a little money. I wasn't ready to make the 6 month committment just in case things don't work out between us! I don't see a thread for CB so when I get my box I will be happy to post pics and a review.

that would be great, thanks for thinking about the rest of us :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love ggb and it's one of my fav subs! I personally don't have those type of stores where I live so I'm not able to get samples for free, but so far I've enjoyed everything so much I'd be willing to pay for them. I just signed up for Conscious box after getting sucked in thanks to youtube reviews!
laughing.gif
 It is a bit pricey but I signed up and paid for the 3 month so that saves me a little money. I wasn't ready to make the 6 month committment just in case things don't work out between us! I don't see a thread for CB so when I get my box I will be happy to post pics and a review.

Yes, please do!  I just signed up, as well - it'd be nice to have someone to discuss it with. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that would be great, thanks for thinking about the rest of us :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

laughing.gif

They charge shipping, but the box is frankly worth at least $19. I think they should just make it a $19 subscription so they don't scare off subscribers since other companies just roll shipping into the "charge".

I hope it's all right for me to post some links. I did some blog entries for each of the boxes I've received (though not this month, yet!):

December - http://caryatidcouture.blogspot.com/2011/12/conscious-box-december-2011.html

January - http://caryatidcouture.blogspot.com/2012/01/conscious-box-january-2012.html

February - http://caryatidcouture.blogspot.com/2012/02/conscious-box-february-2012.html

I noticed they charge shipping. How many products are usually in the box? Its the most expensive subscription I have seen so far. 

Back