White Apricot's Green Grab Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, those boxes look amazing. Ok I think Im gonna try it. It will be my first non-beauty subscription. Thanks for the info! 

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They charge shipping, but the box is frankly worth at least $19. I think they should just make it a $19 subscription so they don't scare off subscribers since other companies just roll shipping into the "charge".

I hope it's all right for me to post some links. I did some blog entries for each of the boxes I've received (though not this month, yet!):

December - http://caryatidcouture.blogspot.com/2011/12/conscious-box-december-2011.html

January - http://caryatidcouture.blogspot.com/2012/01/conscious-box-january-2012.html

February - http://caryatidcouture.blogspot.com/2012/02/conscious-box-february-2012.html

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed they charge shipping. How many products are usually in the box? Its the most expensive subscription I have seen so far. 

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love ggb and it's one of my fav subs! I personally don't have those type of stores where I live so I'm not able to get samples for free, but so far I've enjoyed everything so much I'd be willing to pay for them. I just signed up for Conscious box after getting sucked in thanks to youtube reviews!
laughing.gif
 It is a bit pricey but I signed up and paid for the 3 month so that saves me a little money. I wasn't ready to make the 6 month committment just in case things don't work out between us! I don't see a thread for CB so when I get my box I will be happy to post pics and a review.

I signed up to get one of the March conscious boxes from Organic Soul's offers (I'm not really sure how that works and I don't remember when/why I signed up for their website...lol!) and it shipped today. I'm excited to see what I get! It was $16, which I see is $3 less than the monthly sub price so I got a little bit of a deal. 

No, there's not....or at least not that I've seen.  It's a little annoying, but they're pretty reliable about shipping and such, so it doesn't bother me too much. The website does seem a little sketchy, I'll admit, but so far I haven't had any problem with them and haven't heard of anyone who has.

Originally Posted by motherofall6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

there is no account log in on this one?? if so where lol

ok thank u!! i asked them on facebook about tracking #'s and they said monday our boxes ship and to be on the look out after that for tracking
wink.gif

No, there's not....or at least not that I've seen.  It's a little annoying, but they're pretty reliable about shipping and such, so it doesn't bother me too much. The website does seem a little sketchy, I'll admit, but so far I haven't had any problem with them and haven't heard of anyone who has.

Quote: Originally Posted by motherofall6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

there is no account log in on this one?? if so where lol
I 100% agree! This is a company that is super low profile but they have always delivered on their promises and they ship via priority mail so once it's shipped it takes about two days to arrive. I've been happy with this service. Knock on wood they continue with good samples!

Did anyone receive their ship notices today? They were being shipped today and I haven't received a notice but according to their FB they were all shipped. Sent an email already but just wondering if there are any others?? Thanks

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone receive their ship notices today? They were being shipped today and I haven't received a notice but according to their FB they were all shipped. Sent an email already but just wondering if there are any others?? Thanks
no shipping notice hear, maybe some might get theirs today?? depending where they live?

Here is the response I received back after inquiring as to why I did not receive my notice. I received this email this morning (the 17th). Thank you for subscribing to Green Grab Bag!  This month, the 15th fell on a Sunday, so the bag shipments were delayed by a day.  They are actually being picked up by the Post Office today, so you should receive your shipment confirmation either later today or tomorrow.   Sorry for the delay!  Hope you enjoy your Green Grab Bag! Best regards, Carrie They ship priority (typically) so I'm sure we'll have it within a day or two :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my first Green Grab Bag today and I really like it!  Don't know if I'm going to keep it right now, due to money issues, but it's so cute and I will use the products.  A couple of the samples were pretty small, but there were also quite a few of them and several were deluxe sample sized.  I'll have pictures up in my blog in just a little bit.

Contents:

Deep Steep Moisture Stick (full size I believe), Prem Soaps Organic Olive Oil Soap (a little one shower sample), Heaven's Alchemy Perfume (2 sample vials of two scents), Aguacate & Co Skin Care Hydrating Facial Cream (little sample pack), AnnMarie Gianni Coconut Body Oil (little sample vial, several uses), Angelina Organic Skin Care: Rose and Cardamom Foaming Face Wash, Coconut Bliss Exfoliating Cream Mask, and Youth in Bloom Phyto-Active Night Cream, all deluxe sample sized.

I got mine today too!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love GGB. I got everything "yousoldtheworld" did but I also got a pair of Winks by Georgie faux lashes, adhesive and compact thing. Did you check your entire bag? Sometimes stuff can get lost with their packing. But it doesn't say the lashes on the card thingy? Hmm? Wonder why I got a pair? I'm not complaining!

Nothing in my mailbox for me today
frown.gif
I hope I get it by tomorrow or Saturday so I don't have to wait until next week.

Woohoo! I never received a tracking or shipping confirmation so I was pleasantly surprised to see my ggb in the mail today. This month isn't my favorite but it's still a nice bag.

I got mine today too!!
biggrin.gif
I love GGB. I got everything "yousoldtheworld" did but I also got a pair of Winks by Georgie faux lashes, adhesive and compact thing. Did you check your entire bag? Sometimes stuff can get lost with their packing.
But it doesn't say the lashes on the card thingy? Hmm? Wonder why I got a pair? I'm not complaining!

smileno.gif
  Hi!  I just received my first Green Grab Bag today!  I was also surprised since I never received any shipment information.  Mine is also the same as yousoldtheworld's.  But, I got Prem unscented organic olive oil soap & my deep steep stick is in tangerine-melon.  It smells fantastic!
Shortly after signing up, I remember getting an e-mail asking if I'd like to receive the faux lashes.  I don't use them, so I didn't request any.  So, perhaps that why you got them, MakeupGalore.

Overall, I was impressed, but I'm not sure if I'll keep this sub.

I really thought this bag was super meh compared to all the other month's bags I've received (think this is my 3rd or 4th bag)...with all the skincare items (I am soooo overloaded with skincare right now!) that aren't even targeted for my skin (the facial care line said it was for dry / mature skin - I have oily skin).  I felt like that was a huge fail on the company's part.  If you are going to send out skincare samples and you don't let people fill out a beauty profile (although some sample companies with this feature will often send wrong items too) send out stuff that is for all skin types.  This is definitely my least favorite bag -- green grab bag really touted itself as more "makeup-oriented" yet there wasn't a single makeup item in the bag!  I guess we were spoiled with makeup in the past couple of bags.  For $15, I kind of feel cheated (even the soap they gave us says only good for one usage..I mean my goodness, why not give us a more substantial piece - lol)...but it looks like most people like the bag, so maybe I am just the oddball who didn't.  Well, I actually do like the perfume samples they sent out  -- which in these bags are often a hard sell for me, and may even look into buying from the company so I guess that is a plus.

Actually come to think of it, I think MyGlam has been my favorite sample bag this month so far (still have Eco Emi, Goodebox, 2 Beauty Army boxes and maybe Sindulge to receive) - go figure.

I signed up for this a week ago since I was so pleased with March's selection, but I kind of agree with Fluttershy if it had been my first bag I would have been a bit sad it wasn't as makeup-y. At least they give you a ton of samples and a ton of different brands to sample! I'm still happy I signed up! I can't wait until May. 

I got mine today too!!
biggrin.gif
I love GGB. I got everything "yousoldtheworld" did but I also got a pair of Winks by Georgie faux lashes, adhesive and compact thing. Did you check your entire bag? Sometimes stuff can get lost with their packing.

But it doesn't say the lashes on the card thingy? Hmm? Wonder why I got a pair? I'm not complaining!
Yeah, I definitely didn't get any lashes...but that's okay with me as I wouldn't have used them anyway :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Maybe a bonus for being a subscriber for a certain amount of time or something?

The lashes were from a contest GGB had on its FB page.  They usually host a contest every month a week or so before the boxes ship out.  I think they gave away 10 pairs in a random drawing.

Back