White Apricot's Green Grab Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to opening my Green Grab Bag (it arrived last week):

(L-R):

Angelina Organic Skincare:

Rose & Cardamom Foaming Face Wash for dry & mature skin (~20mL) - smells fresh

Youth in Bloom Phyto-active Firming Night Cream (~10mL) - nice scent and thickened consistency

Coconut Bliss Exfoliating Cream Mask (~8mL) - nice coconut scent

Aguacate & Co., Hydrating Facial Creme (~2mL) - not a fan of the Xela packaging but it's light to take with me on the road

Heaven's Alchemy Perfume samples in Kyoto and St Petersburg (~1mL each) - Kyoto is very floral and St P'burg smells like caramelized sugar... neither are my faves

Prem Soaps Organic Olive Oil Soap in Tea Tree with Ground Chamomile (~1 in x 0.5in x 0.25in) - I love Tea Tree's scent, but this is a very small slice of a soap sample. With all the effort / materials they make into the sample envelope, you'd think they give more than this sliver of a sample.

Deep Steep Moisture Stick in Tangerine Melon (0.5oz / 14g) - I'm intrigued by this!

Ann Marie Gianni Coconut Body Oil (~2mL) - definitely using this on my rough hands and elbows!
So yes, no makeup this month and mostly skincare, but ... I'm still using my Mineral Hygenics Sheer Perfection Silk Translucent powder from the March bag and have been using it as my everyday powder ... it's still more than 3/4 full and will last me a long long time.

I got my May bag today. Here's what's in it.

Clairvoyant Beauty refreshing cucumber facial toner - Full size - This is the only thing in the bag I like.

Egyptian Magic Face and Body Cream - tiny packet

Aura Cacia Shower Tab in Eucalyptus - 1 count

Elemental Herbs Sunscreen - tiny packet

Golden Earth chakra Wellness Oils in 5 - tiny vial - Not liking the smell of this.

Beauty from Flowers Iris serum - tiny vial - No idea what this is, but it doesn't smell good.
This is my third bag. The first was great. This one and the last one not so much. I'm canceling.

If I'm mainly interested in cosmetic samples, would you recommend this to me? I'd like to try it, but I'm trying to cut down and pick and choose my subscription services.

I received my Green Grab Bag yesterday, and I thought the contents were a little unusual, too.  The HUGE full-size bottle of cucumber toner towered over the other tiny samples.  On the other hand, sometimes I receive all pretty small samples in Birchbox.  I also think this month's bag was unusual because there were two odd samples, by which I mean the magic cream and the chakra wellness oil.  The magic cream seems to be an all natural bee product cream which should be good, but I am not sure how they get the chakra wellness oils to have their healing properties.  I guess I'll have to research that.  Regarding the Beauty from Flowers products, I would have loved to have received more than one vial.  I think these might be really cool.  I'll have to research them, too.  The eucalyptus effervescent shower tab smells awesome - it made my mailbox smell great when I opened it - so I am really looking forward to using that.

It was an unusual box, but I am a huge fan of Green Grab Bag, so I am going to stick with them.  I would never find these products on my own.  I like their products so much that I keep an eye on their Facebook page hoping that they will do a bonus box.

I am not crazy about this month's bag either...the full sized toner is nice, but it seems like every sample company gives out so many different kinds of toners and skincare items, so it's not like something I would have wanted or was dying to have (I am also not a big fan of the smell of cucumbers), but all the other samples just plain sucked (excuse my non-detailed language).  The toner made up a majority of the value for the bag, but I just can't get over how tiny and not really useable the other samples were.  I wanted to post something on their FB about not being happy with this month's bag or last month's bag, but there were just so many comments of praise, I felt bad posting anything negative.  For last month, I was sooo excited about the deep steep moisturizing stick, but I received a scent callled melon mint or mango mint or something that literally smelled like PUKE.  I put it on my legs and could instantly smell it so I started to gag. To top it all off, it made my legs SOOOOOOOOOOOO greasy that I had to shower it off, and I only put a tiny bit on! That product was what everyone was soo excited about too (but that only had a value of $5).  Sooo great, we've gone 2 months without any real makeup sample.  I am seriously considering giving this company the axe -- doesn't seem like they're really trying to impress.

Im disappointed since it was my first bag. I already had a full-size of the toner, I havent tried it yet, but if I like it it will be great having a second. But the only other product Im excited about is the shower tab. I don't really plan on using anything else except for the sunscreen. 

I'm sticking it out a second month just because of the fact that its a green company.

I was also disappointed with this month's bag.  The toner is huge, but I won't use it.  I am pumped to give the shower tablet a try though. 

Fluttershy, I completely agree about the moisture stick -- I use it on the backs of my hands, but I have to be careful not to touch my face once I do because it is absurdly greasy.  I kinda feel like I'm using Crisco -- but it certainly does keep moisture in.

I just looked on Green Grab Bag's facebook site and they gave us a little teaser as to what will be in the bag in June. I have never used any products by this company, but from what I can see their stuff looks really good. Maybe they will give some other teasers before it gets sent out!

​
From Facebook - Like Pangea Organics? You're going to LOVE the June bag! Only two days left to order--this is one you won't want to miss!​

Back