Who all doesn't line their waterline?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do most of the time. I don't only if I dont have time or if Im not using any eyeliner on the bottom at all. I don't like the way my eyes look when the lower half is lined without doing the inner rim. I think doing the waterline makes my eyes look more dramatic and makes them stand out more. I don't think it makes them look smaller.

I can't seem to pull it off! It makes my eyes look small. ): And something about the idea of lining your waterline makes me cringe.

I do waterline only on my top lashline. It really opens my eyes up. It felt weird when i first started doing it, but you get used to it. Whenever i put my makeup on i always tightline.

I used to line my waterline in pencil but found that it got washed away after an hour. I was always having to reapply it.

I've just started using gel eyeliner, so I'll maybe give it a try with that.

I don't, I was told it shouldn't be done so I followed the advice from those "experts". Maybe I should try again.

I like to line my waterline. I have been doing it ever since I was in middle school. The products are far better now and much healthier for the eyes than what I used to use. A kohl pencil and a lighter to get it to glide on. How dangerous was that. :rotfl:

I don't. I want to though, but because of my contacts I don't . I get black stringy stuff in the corners of my eyes and its icky. Maybe that wouldnt happen if I had the right stuff to line my waterline with!

I love the look but wear contacts and they seem to absorb the color and make my vision cloudy. Otherwise, yes I do it.

Tami

I know what you mean. I wear my contacts for special occasions only and I can never get my waterline lined because it gets to teary, or if I do get lucky and get it on before I tear up then the contacts get cloudy.

I don't, ever. My eyes are too sensitive. They also water throughout the day (I have allergies) and even waterproof liner won't cut it. So yes, I don't do my waterline because it irritates my eyes. It looks just as nice on the lashline anyway. I don't like the fact that on the waterline, product is more likely to go into your eye. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

it smudges on me when i do it.. i noticed that if i line half way it suits me better than lining it all the way.

I never do it, it can be quite bad for your eyes. Imagine the bacteria that gathers in your make up bag and onto your pencil and then your transferring it to the inside your eye.

I very rarely do it to a client unless requested.

Claire x

I always line my waterline and I always tightline, makes my eyes look intense lol my look isnt complete without it.

Oh and I wear contacts too, pretty much everyday, and I use Revlon Colorstay. I actually dont need to reapply it for atleast 6-8 hours it stays there (Never experienced anything lasting on my waterline for more than 1 hour!!!) It doesnt bother my contacts, or blob up in the corners or get stringy or anything!!! Im going to get it in every color lol I already have TWO black ones :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :heart:

I will line my waterline no matter what! Even when no makeup day (au naturel) I'd still line in only waterline n tad of gloss..If I didnt line my eyes (both up n down) , ppl would be asking why i look so droppy,sick ,tired lolz..I will wear coloured contacts and colours like hazel and honey really pull lined inner rims! And I use only black!

I

i line every time i put on makeup,my eyes are big and lining them define them and enhance their shape,i like dark green lancome eye kohl and mac graph black ..

i line every time i put on makeup,my eyes are big and lining them define them and enhance their shape,i like dark green lancome eye kohl and mac graph black ..

I've seen people pull it off, but I've never liked it black or white.. White just looks wrong.. kinda fake. Black makes my eyes look too small. After reading this I'm tempted to try a shimmy nude or pink tho!

Back