Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today i haven't been so into diet, bad girl, but sometimes a little treat is good. eat more vegetables and fruits ladies, it helps, and if you don't like much exercising (or is it just me ?lol), just walk. like for example, i will go to my uni walking (30 minutes) instead of taking the bus.

i like to have frozen vegetables in the freezer. but the best remains buying some fruits and vegetables a few times a week and cook them. it doesn't take that much time, and it's the best way to watch what you're eating. and if you don't have time to cook for lunch, cook more for dinner and keep a part for your lunch in a tupperware.

if you're a bit tired by your diet, go for some vitamin C or ginseng.

and don't forget to drink water.

Sundays is well I let sometimes for myself relax and eat something delicious, couple of sweets or jelly... mmmm

How timely. I recently spent two weeks in the hospital ( my daughter had surgery) and the food , while tasty, was pretty heavy. I am up 5 pounds from two months ago. Stress....

Anyhow, i am back 'on the wagon' and trying to be good about my diet. I am tired of having dunlaps over my waistband.

And my diet of choice is shhhhh.... I am almost afraid to admit if for fear of being flamed, but it works well for me- Low Carb...

No flames here, LilyLady.
five.gif
I lost 20 lbs in less than 3 months (as opposed to previously losing about 4 lbs in 4 months with WW) when I first started low carb, and that was living on fantastic foods like chicken, filet, tons of veggies (with hollandaise, butter and getting to keep my full-fat dressings)
wink.gif
and healthy fats (olive oil, avocados, etc.). I honestly feel better (and definitely less bloated) without all the pasta, rice, low-calorie chip and sugary snacks, etc. in my diet. So, works well for me too.

ETA: I just saw the OP wasn't open to LC eating due to possible side effects. I haven't experienced any, but realize she may have had a different experience... so just wanted to say that no offense was meant.

yep! i'm doing weight watchers and my goal is 30 lbs. and i'm STILL at 22 lbs. cuz i've been maintaining instead of losing
frown.gif

Originally Posted by _pixie_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif No flames here, LilyLady.
five.gif
I lost 20 lbs in less than 3 months (as opposed to previously losing about 4 lbs in 4 months with WW) when I first started low carb, and that was living on fantastic foods like chicken, filet, tons of veggies (with hollandaise, butter and getting to keep my full-fat dressings)
wink.gif
and healthy fats (olive oil, avocados, etc.). I honestly feel better (and definitely less bloated) without all the pasta, rice, low-calorie chip and sugary snacks, etc. in my diet. So, works well for me too. Oh, pleased to meet you! I had also tried other weight loss methods and had little success, even though I am fairly disciplined. I just had a quiche ( w/o the crust) and some cashews for lunch.

I have about 10 pounds to go before I wil be happy with my weight. I had a baby a year and a bit ago and igained 65 lbs with him!!!!!!!! I am 5'8 and weigh 140. I have ballooned up to 199 lbs when pregnant - eesh! My hubby and laughed when they weighed me rightbefore my C-section. ( then I cried )

I walk my son about half a mile to the school bus every morning and afternoon since I'm off work right now and it really seems to be helping. I try to limit my carbs and sugar but I am a MAJOR sugar junkie. I have a candy bar every night =( If I stopped that habit I bet I could get a little closer to my ideal weight.

Try being 5 ft 2 and 134, my ultimate highest weigh ever =( I've decided to just do the right thing and eat more healthy food and less junk. My problem is going out to eat 2+ times a week every single week thanks to my bf. I've gained 22 lbs in less than a year =(

Originally Posted by MamaRocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a candy bar every night =( If I stopped that habit I bet I could get a little closer to my ideal weight. Have those protein chocolate bars instead of candy bars at night. Like Kellogs has these 110 calorie chocolate protein bars, they are yummy and healthy.

Anyways I am going to start weighing myself to see how my progress is going. I am going to buy a digital scale, my scale is broken so. And I will weigh myself every Sunday just to see how I am doing and it will motivate me. I just had my period so these last 4-5 days, I was starving and getting all these cravings. I always crave chocolate during my period so I had a lot of chocolate pudding and my caloric intake has been 1400-1500 calories which is TOO MUCH for me. So back to 1000 calories for me now that I am off my period. I want to be 120 pounds ASAP and then we will go from there/

Ladies, I don't think any of you realize it, but you are all within your ideal weights according to your heights! None of your are actually overweight. I'm 5'7" and 160 lbs currently. I admit, I'm doing no corn, complex carbs and lean meats just so I can have control over my body, but I'm not thinking bad thoughts about my body either. My husband loves my body (I finally have that hourglass figure that gets noticed)! But some of you on here who are my exact height on here are trying to get as low as 110 pounds?!? How is that even healthy? I have pictures of when I was my lowest as a teenager at this current height at 120, and I looked really skinny, like I should have *gained* weight! Try not think of just the number, but what you want your body to look like, and how you want your clothes to fit... THAT is what is healthy!!!

Originally Posted by MamaRocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have about 10 pounds to go before I wil be happy with my weight. I had a baby a year and a bit ago and igained 65 lbs with him!!!!!!!! I am 5'8 and weigh 140. I have ballooned up to 199 lbs when pregnant - eesh! My hubby and laughed when they weighed me rightbefore my C-section. ( then I cried )
I walk my son about half a mile to the school bus every morning and afternoon since I'm off work right now and it really seems to be helping. I try to limit my carbs and sugar but I am a MAJOR sugar junkie. I have a candy bar every night =( If I stopped that habit I bet I could get a little closer to my ideal weight.

Hi Sarah, if you're watching carbs, maybe give this a try sometime. I've discovered many ways to get my "sweet fix" without the sugar/carbs.
1/4 cup almond flour (usually found in organic section of grocery store)

1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa

1/4 tsp baking powder

3 Tbsp and 1 tsp Splenda

2 Tbsp butter, melted

1 Tbsp water

1 egg

Mix the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and Splenda in a 2-cup glass measuring cup (or similar size glass container - a large coffe cup would work). Stir in butter, water and egg. Mix well. Scrape batter down evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and vent by cutting a small slit in the center. Microwave on high 1 minute until set, but still a little moist on top (microwave times may vary). Cool slightly and top with whipped cream.

Meh, Ive been trying to lose weight since like the day I was born (not really) but Ive had it and am now going to be enrolled in a Phisicians weight loss program cause I want to get down to 125 and thats that! Im sick and tired of considering myself fat and never knowing what it feels like to be skinny.

111 lbs. for 5'7" is really skinny, IMO, cuz i used to weigh 129 lbs and i'm 5'4 and i looked super skinny!!! so i'm thinking at 130 lbs you look perfect right now! just a question though why do you want to loose so much? i'm on a diet right now myself, but im between 20 and 25 lbs overweight though.

Originally Posted by pixie /img/forum/go_quote.gif 1/4 cup almond flour (usually found in organic section of grocery store)1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa

1/4 tsp baking powder

3 Tbsp and 1 tsp Splenda

2 Tbsp butter, melted

1 Tbsp water

1 egg

Mix the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and Splenda in a 2-cup glass measuring cup (or similar size glass container - a large coffe cup would work). Stir in butter, water and egg. Mix well. Scrape batter down evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and vent by cutting a small slit in the center. Microwave on high 1 minute until set, but still a little moist on top (microwave times may vary). Cool slightly and top with whipped cream.

cool recipe, thanks !!
i agree about protein bars, my doc said i could eat some, in fact, i eat three a day (breakfast, 10AM break, teatime break).

I agree with Utmostrose.

I've been watching this thread and from the way I've read it, most make it sound like you're really overweight or something. For your heights - some of your goals seem a bit unhealthy. I can't imagine some of you guys being over 5'3 and being any less than 115...

I'm happy if you all are happy about your progress, so goodluck.

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif 111 lbs. for 5'7" is really skinny, IMO, cuz i used to weigh 129 lbs and i'm 5'4 and i looked super skinny!!! so i'm thinking at 130 lbs you look perfect right now! just a question though why do you want to loose so much? i'm on a diet right now myself, but im between 20 and 25 lbs overweight though. Well I dont know about you but I used to weigh 130 and 5'4 and that was not super skinny at all..I looked okay yeah, I wasnt fat or anything...but you could definately see a pouch of fat and a bigger frame. I lost weight and weigh 110 now and my doctor said im healthy and I feel much better, have a tiny pouch now and actually do look skinny. To me super skinny is a model.
I do agree 111 for 5'7 s REALLY skinny..It's in the underweight category for body mass calculator by quite a bit, 17.4, when underweight starts at 18.5!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm on a mission to lose weight also. I currently weight around 125 pounds and am about 5'6" roughly, and I'd also like to get down to about 110 pounds or so.
I had tried everything. I found the more I exercised, the more I ate, and so I stayed the same.

Instead, I'm trying the only thing that has ever helped me to lose weight. I've just cut down how much I eat.

I eat a good healthy breakfast, something VERY small for lunch like an apple or something, and then eat a medium sized dinner. So far I've lost around 13 pounds so I'm pretty proud of myself, since I've never lost any weight before this.

at first it was really hard to cut down how much I ate and I'd be hungry all the time, but now I'm just not as hungry. I even feel a bit sick if I eat heaps.

I do believe in exercising, but I'd never do it to lose weight. I do it to feel good and also to get healthy!

best of luck with your diet and weight loss goals! I know how hard it is so pm any time if you want to whinge about how slow it feels, how hard it feels, or even just to tell me you're excited you've lost a few pounds!
smile.gif

Rosie, while 110 is healthy for me at 5'4, it would put you in the underweight category! You must be really skinny now, at 125!

I am tall so I look average in clothes but I have a lot of belly fat and I need to get rid of that!!! Trust me guys I am FAT!!! This is a pic of me at 140 pounds......and now I am 130 and still fat. I don't think 111 pounds is too skinny, it depends on each person and their body. And my body looks fat at 130 pounds, I wear a size 6 sometimes even 8 and or 4 depending on the brand. I want to be a size 2 and be able to wear whatever I want!!

Here's me at 140 pounds.........

CCE000001.jpg

And now at 130 pounds....

me.jpg

See I still look fat you cant even tell that much beteen the 10 pounds!!!

Back